Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 05:46 PM

1 posts, read 2,864 times

Advertisements

LOL all these Noisy Bibles are giving me a headache. Why do you feel you have to look for a "evil" or "Unholy" meaning behind something that could be done for so many other reasons??? BTW---- Maybe he works in the circus.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2010, 10:17 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,726,125 times
what about this guy.. this would be a nighmare on elm street if i was walking at night and saw this i want to drink your blood

Old 02-28-2010, 12:06 PM

2,126 posts, read 2,381,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
what about this guy.. this would be a nighmare on elm street if i was walking at night and saw this i want to drink your blood
While it's a bit freakish looking, I think I would have to giggle if I saw this guy on the street

I am very intrigued by religions. I think it can be really beautiful when people incorporate their faith into their body art. Then there's all those women who believe their body is a temple and decorate it Heard that from the mouth of a heathen Suicide Girl

Old 08-25-2012, 10:40 PM

1 posts, read 1,879 times
as a 54yr old woman with 8 tattoos, One which is a huge back piece, i feel they ar expressions of a persons life's trip. I have been judged by friends, family, and straingers. I am a practicing Catholic and my priest said that it is not his nor anyone's job to judge.. It has been published that 84percent of Americans have tattoos. I do not know if they r right or wrong but last I read there is but one God to judge.

Old 08-26-2012, 08:17 AM

76 posts, read 187,335 times
In my humble opinion and according to everything I've studied in the word of God, namely the KJV, a good majority of these people are under the complete control and guidance of satanic powers.

Genesis 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
I certainly hope that neither God nor His only begotten Son Jesus Christ, look like this when we meet Him face. It would scare me right out of heaven.
I am convinced that these tattoos and piercings, et al, are satanically inspired and not of the Holy God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. So if people want to decorate themselves to look like a sideshow freak then go for it. God will not force His will on anyone and He will leave you alone to do things your way.
Romans 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; (open your Bible and read the rest of this passage).

You are correct in that no one has a right to judge you in anything you do ... but my friend there is coming a day when we will all stand before the God who made us and we will give an account for our lives.

1 John 2:15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

Every sin that man can commit has it's root in one or more of the three things mentioned just above.
One or more of these attributes leads people to make wrong choices.

God is able and willing to forgive if we confess our sins.

Old 08-27-2012, 01:39 PM

7,593 posts, read 6,080,049 times
As an art form, I generally like tattoos, but again, it is not a religious issue with me. I think the success artistically depends on the artists, the person wearing it and the statement that they make.
We were out a few weeks ago and this cute chick walked by , early 20's, had a nice dress on, nice legs, covered with tattoos. When she turned around , she was wearing an open V Neck dress, she had an awesome rack but this giant TIGER tattoo on her chest! Yikes ! It looked atrocious! It was completely covering what we could seee of her breasts, cleavage and went all the way up to her throst. That was one instance of asthetic failure in my opinion, BUT again, beauty is a relative term, and I do not judge, as it is not my place. And, beauty is and always will remain the only truth we know on earth (at least according to Keats) ue

Old 01-27-2013, 07:34 AM

2 posts, read 3,440 times
Well, I guess we should all live in tents and walk everywhere we go. Because houses and cars are lusts of the flesh! Hey while we are at it, lets not wear any jewelry, or buy clothes. Lets just cut holes in sheets and we will wear that, because we don't want to be worldly. Make sure "lostball" you sell every single one of your possessions, because you have therefore condemned yourself if you have any one of these items. You are therefore a "sinner!" Please people, read the bible for yourselves. KNOW what it says and don't run around quoting parts of the bible to suit your beliefs and your judgments against others. Your interpretation of the bible could be just as wrong as the rest of the world. lets remember that judging others is also a sin, so is wrath and strife. Before you pull the splinter out of your brothers eye, make sure you remove the moat out of your own eye, so you may see clearly to remove their splinter. Read the bible for yourself, pray and ask for God's guidance. He will give you the wisdom you seek. Peace!

Old 01-27-2013, 07:51 AM

2 posts, read 3,440 times
And yes, I know the bible. I have spent my whole almost forty years of my life in the church, and in the bible. It's actually how I taught myself to read, because my overly "Godly mother" took me and my sisters out of school as to not be worldly. So, please do not try to come back with scriptures to back up your comments. I have a thousand more I can come up with. If you are going to use scripture, than you better read the whole chapter, and book that scripture came from. Get the whole meaning of what was being said. Not just the things you wish to pick out of it. It is people like you that turn people off of the church. Usually the biggest judge in the church is the biggest sinner....:-/ God came to save us all! If you want to get people in the church and get saved, than start living the life. You won't need to preach so hard. They will come to you. Just as people flocked to Christ. I believe everyone has their own way of interpretation of the bible. It is those who seek out the meanings of what the bible says. And pray for wisdom. God says that he will give freely to him who asks for wisdom. But you must seek it continually. Love to all....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality