Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 10:02 PM

17 posts, read 40,024 times

Advertisements

Getting a tattoo will not cause you to go to hell.

Jesus died once for all sin. That's yours, mine and every ones. Past, Present and Future sins. You decided if you are willing to except Jesus's payment for your sins. Yes or No, not maybe.

God's Law is his word. In this case, as an Ambassador of the Kingdom of God (God's Government), I am allowed to stated God's word on this matter. This is an ordinance (a rule or regulation). God says it's not wise to get a tattoo, because it will make you sick. It's like your mom saying don't play in the street; you will get injured or killed. Get it! God's looking after you. Please Listen to him. If you get a tattoo, get sick or die, don't blame God. He did his part. He warned you.

Last edited by trejas; 08-25-2008 at 10:18 PM.. Reason: tile
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2008, 10:04 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
mark of the beast. considering the behavior of tatoo wearers, if not the beasts boy
a very good imitation. satan has a sense of humor too. not only does he pay lousy
wages he also makes involuntary clowns of his workers, when you hit 375 lbs get a tattoo --you will look sexy????
ha ha ha.

Old 08-26-2008, 03:31 AM

30,311 posts, read 51,912,730 times
I'm not sure I understand your post Huckleberry... But I do know that my wages are pretty high, tattoos and all - LOL.

Old 08-26-2008, 06:00 AM

5,160 posts, read 9,169,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trejas View Post
Getting a tattoo will not cause you to go to hell.

Jesus died once for all sin. That's yours, mine and every ones. Past, Present and Future sins. You decided if you are willing to except Jesus's payment for your sins. Yes or No, not maybe.

God's Law is his word. In this case, as an Ambassador of the Kingdom of God (God's Government), I am allowed to stated God's word on this matter. This is an ordinance (a rule or regulation). God says it's not wise to get a tattoo, because it will make you sick. It's like your mom saying don't play in the street; you will get injured or killed. Get it! God's looking after you. Please Listen to him. If you get a tattoo, get sick or die, don't blame God. He did his part. He warned you.
The people who get sick as a result of getting a tattoo are in a small minority. Most people are fine when they get one. Enough said.

Old 08-26-2008, 06:11 AM

7,784 posts, read 14,883,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trejas View Post
Lev. 19:28 stands.
You've (understandably) ignored my point on the rest of Leviticus 19.

Does it stand too?

Or just the part that doesn't apply to your life (tattoos).

Do you shave?

Trim your beard?

Do you treat an alien like a native?

Are you campaigning for amnesty?

If you're gonna hang on to Lev 19, hang on to all of it or you're shooting yourself in the foot.

Still waiting.....

Old 08-26-2008, 06:27 AM

3,553 posts, read 5,152,358 times
I have tattoos on this flesh. Does this make me less of a child of God? Some of you remind me of the Pharisees of Jesus day. You know, the ones who acted like righteous people, but instead were whitewashed tombs. Shall I just cut and peel the skin off me to remove them, or do you think that Jesus Love can see past this? I do!

Sorry if this seems harsh, but why don't some of you look in your own mirrors, instead of "conforming" the world according to how you think it should be. That is God's job, and I am God's business, thank you.

Gal 5:1
It was for freedom that Christ set us free; therefore keep standing firm and do not be subject again to a yoke of slavery. Behold I, Paul, say to you that if you receive circumcision, Christ will be of no benefit to you. And I testify again to every man who receives circumcision, that he is under obligation to keep the whole Law. You have been severed from Christ, you who are seeking to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.

Jam 2:7
Do they not blaspheme the fair name by which you have been called? If, however, you are fulfilling the royal law according to the Scripture, "YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF," you are doing well. But if you show partiality, you are committing sin {and} are convicted by the law as transgressors. For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles in one, he has become guilty of all.

Old 08-26-2008, 07:39 AM

76 posts, read 187,335 times
Looks to me like a nerve has been struck on this topic.
The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak.

Leviticus 20:7 Sanctify yourselves therefore, and be ye holy: for I am the LORD your God.

1 Peter 1:15 But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation; [life style].
16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.

Friends, it will be holiness or hell ! the choice is yours.

Old 08-26-2008, 07:56 AM

Isn't it funny how we try to make excuses for our sin of pride when it comes to the satisfying of the flesly desires? We just can't take a stand and say, no!

1 John 2:15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

Old 08-26-2008, 08:04 AM

7,784 posts, read 14,883,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostball View Post
Leviticus 20:7 Sanctify yourselves therefore, and be ye holy: for I am the LORD your God.

Friends, it will be holiness or hell ! the choice is yours.
You guys

Let's continue looking at Leviticus 20, shall we?

If anyone curses his father or mother, he must be put to death. He has cursed his father or his mother, and his blood will be on his own head.

'If a man commits adultery with another man's wife—with the wife of his neighbor—both the adulterer and the adulteress must be put to death.

'If a man sleeps with his father's wife, he has dishonored his father. Both the man and the woman must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.
Are you ready to live by that law too?

That's just a few. Have you read all of Lev 20? If so, are you ready to live by it?

If not, why pull things out of context to make some ridiculous argument about tattoos?

The Old Testament Law is a standard for us in which to thank God for Christ Jesus.

Have you ever read Romans 10:4?

Old 08-26-2008, 08:11 AM

Your argument is empty and completely rediculous Alpha.
If we do not have to obey Christ and live a holy life then I guess by your standard we can live and do as we please.
Are you married? Do you happen to have a 10 or 12 year old daughter I could come over tonight and molest? It's ok you know, because we don't have to live a holy life and it's already been forgiven.
You need to go back and re-read your Bible my friend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality