Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2019, 09:57 PM

18,193 posts, read 16,788,691 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
No, Thrill, you misunderstand me. There is no eternal torment, period. But our purpose in existing is to join God after our death and NONE of us were achieving it. THAT is why we needed Jesus. He connected us all to God by His achievement of perfect resonance (IDENTITY) with God's consciousness, something we were very far from achieving and still are.

Mystic, have you ever tried astral projection?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2019, 10:42 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,803,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Our struggles and persecutions are what bring us to a state of humility. Humility is what allows people to have faith.
'Why do you think 'faith' is a good thing' he asked Ozzy, fully expecting Ozzy to ignore the question, as he has ignored it on every other occasion that he has been asked.

Old 06-21-2019, 02:42 AM

63,470 posts, read 39,739,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Mystic, have you ever tried astral projection?
No. I don't play around with altered states since I know they are part of Reality. I do pay attention to the transients that intrude on my meditations as they reflect those who are strongly emoting about me.

Old 06-21-2019, 03:40 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,492,125 times
Quote:
Yes, our imperfections have consequences and we will all have to "reap whatever we sow" but at least our species has achieved its fundamental purpose - to connect and join with God after death, IMO.
we part ways at this point my man. I feel our purpose is like that of a seed casing.

how can you connect and join something you are already part of? how can my gizzard connect to me?

I know, I know. Gizzard is just a funny word.

Old 06-21-2019, 04:45 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,782,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
'Why do you think 'faith' is a good thing' he asked Ozzy, fully expecting Ozzy to ignore the question, as he has ignored it on every other occasion that he has been asked.
It makes me want to obey God's laws.

Old 06-21-2019, 05:16 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,803,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
It makes me want to obey God's laws.
...even though it can be proven to be the WORST method of ascertaining what is true?

Old 06-21-2019, 06:55 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,492,125 times
"faith" is not the worst. I have faith n scientific method. i have faith that cross checking my belief with other will lesson the personal bias of my belief.

Its Unfortunate; cross checking means the evil enemy has some valid points.

ignorance is the worst. basing the truth on reality on what one doesn't know is pretty bad. But even worse, is when people think that what they know is the the only thing we all need to know.

Basing reality on how one feels about religion is one of the worst. well, maybe not the worst, but its certifiably sick.

that claim is more valid than "faith in a statement of belief that god exist" is the worst. Or "faith in a statement of belief about god not existing" is the worst.

removing the actual good claim itself, yes or no, leaves us with a better chance of understanding. its like comparing "how do we determine ones speed" vs only using "he went 50 miles in 1 hour."

Old 06-21-2019, 08:04 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,233,056 times
Quote:
But our purpose in existing is to join God after our death...
I would have to say...ok.
But hey, that is certainly not the only purpose in our existence.
And I would have to question...Why the limitation of joining God after death...(rather, 'after life', really)?

Do you think Jesus waited til after life to join God?
"I and my Father are one--John 10:30
Why should we?
You know I'm not trying to start anything ...just posing some interesting questions to you.
Challenging your thinking a bit.

Old 06-21-2019, 09:03 AM

18,193 posts, read 16,788,691 times
Quote:
No. I don't play around with altered states since I know they are part of Reality. I do pay attention to the transients that intrude on my meditations as they reflect those who are strongly emoting about me.

I am intrigued by it yet the idea of exiting my body into some astral realm, while i don't really believe it can be done, still it messes with the mind and I fear can cause irreparable harm to the psyche. But I'd love to talk to someone who I trust who can tell me what they have experienced.

Old 06-21-2019, 09:30 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,233,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
it wasn't really that fast ozzy. Not until the powers to be starting killing off opposing peoples. then it spread like wild fire.
Oh my...I never put that together! ...
Of course, it would have! Blimey.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn; 06-21-2019 at 09:40 AM.. Reason: typo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality