Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2019, 07:28 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,575,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I understand your point, Arach, but our consciousness is embryonic and will only achieve its purpose after it has developed sufficiently to be reborn upon our death to join the substrate that establishes our Reality. Our disagreements pose no problem for our central agreement about our role as just part of a larger life system (God).
no, youre right, we have little difference in that part. Our disagreement would be in how we present that to others.

I don't see it as reborn. when you recall a thought, is that thought "reborn"? when that tough is modified by new information is that "reborn".

our second major disagreement in presenting it would be using the word "emergent". you seem to treat the word emergent like it means "magic". It doesn't. It just means as we pile on complexity the properties change. A property that we didn't see coming.

because we didn't see it doesn't mean it magically popped out of the system. It doesn't mean there is some force that had that property before the change in complexity in that object.

Like adding a motor to a bicycle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2019, 08:57 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,861,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
Like a robot. beep beep Boop boop praise jebus amen
The desire and LOVE of obeying laws is bad?

WOW

The fact that some people would seem to prefer a society of outlaw biker gangs is PROOF that they might be insane. It is further proof of God and of Jesus in my opinion.

Atheists are actually making a case for the Inerrancy of the Bible, which I have not really considered.

Old 06-22-2019, 09:29 AM

16,770 posts, read 4,977,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
The desire and LOVE of obeying laws is bad?

WOW

The fact that some people would seem to prefer a society of outlaw biker gangs is PROOF that they might be insane. It is further proof of God and of Jesus in my opinion.

Atheists are actually making a case for the Inerrancy of the Bible, which I have not really considered.
So you attack an argument no one as made and draw conclusions from it? Is this a mental problem, or are you so insecure in your beliefs you have a need to attack atheism at every chance?

Old 06-22-2019, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
So you attack an argument no one as made and draw conclusions from it? Is this a mental problem, or are you so insecure in your beliefs you have a need to attack atheism at every chance?
My statement stands and you are ignoring the point I am making. This is deep stuff, not something that should be ridiculed.

Old 06-22-2019, 09:43 AM

50,790 posts, read 24,297,543 times
Quote:
My statement stands and you are ignoring the point I am making. This is deep stuff, not something that should be ridiculed.
Your comment about biker gangs is not deep stuff.

Old 06-22-2019, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Your comment about biker gangs is not deep stuff.
Not the comment, no. But the reality of lawlessness is.

Old 06-22-2019, 10:05 AM

16,770 posts, read 4,977,966 times
Quote:
The point you are making is a one man conversation, as you are attacking something no one has said. You could have said Apfelstrudel is delicious, therefore atheism is stupid, it would have been as relevant (and as rational).

Old 06-22-2019, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
The point you are making is a one man conversation, as you are attacking something no one has said. You could have said Apfelstrudel is delicious, therefore atheism is stupid, it would have been as relevant (and as rational).
No, because the reality of ex-criminals being converted Christianity is a reality, just behind the closed door that you are ignoring. There are many former criminals who became Christian ministers after their release. They are changing the world for good. And all you can do is ridicule it. That's despicable.

Old 06-22-2019, 10:11 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,855,868 times
Quote:
There are many former criminals who became Christian ministers after their release. They are changing the world for good.
...and touching little boys bottoms too.

Old 06-22-2019, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
...and touching little boys bottoms too.
Rafius,

No. I suspect that's more likely to happen in the kind of churches you would approve of. You would not be tolerated in a true church.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality