Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2019, 09:29 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,580,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post
Hmm, interesting - except that's just a form of projection.

Considering we atheists have been pointed at - and still are - for being the cause of 9/11, the Haitian earthquake, the Sandy Hook mass shooting, and pretty much every bad act committed in this nation, saying that we are the finger-pointers rings a bit hollow, don't you think?

The fictitious "war on Christmas" to secretly aligning with Stalin, Hitler, Pol Pot, and Mao - we are the ones consistently maligned as having no morals, living decadent lives while refusing to be accountable to an insane notion of reality.

Of course, when I see religion joining forces with the far-right, the cross marching side by side with the swastika - yeah, I will point and say, "Those are the bad guys." Those who do not have learned nothing from history. We even have our own concentration camps now, euphemistically called "detainment centers," where families are torn apart - all the while blaming the Democrats for what the religious right does. The devil made me do it, right?
when we see anti-religious/god join forces with the far left shouldn't we do the exact same thing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2019, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
It's a quote (modified slightly to edit profanity) from the movie "Scarface". If one is familiar...they would know that he went on to say, "So, what that make you...Good? No, you're not good. You just know howta hide, howta lie. Me...I don't have that problem...I always tell the truth...even when I lie. So, say goodnight to the badguy!"

The forum rules also now proscribe discussion of my Nonreligious Theism (Pantheism)...so, others are getting short-leashed too.
as you can see, they can't keep a discussion about dangerous people and "what are the properties of god" separated.

Its funny, they can't address why three letters "DGO" are a trigger for them.

lma0, they think its totally rational to stop talking about the properties of god that align with science and talking about the ones that don't.

that, in of itself, proves how dangerous tran's sect of atheism is. It is as dangerous as any fundy think thiest.

tran's sect of atheism' dogma is based soley on personal emotional feeling about three letters "DGO" and only align with science when it is convent for that sect to do so.

trans sect of atheism is apologetic atheism and cherry picking self centered belief to a tea. tea bag that is.

Old 07-01-2019, 09:40 AM

16,779 posts, read 4,982,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
as you can see, they can't keep a discussion about dangerous people and "what are the properties of god" separated.

Its funny, they can't address why three letters "DGO" are a trigger for them.

lma0, they think its totally rational to stop talking about the properties of god that align with science and talking about the ones that don't.

that, in of itself, proves how dangerous tran's sect of atheism is. It is as dangerous as any fundy think thiest.

tran's sect of atheism' dogma is based soley on personal emotional feeling about three letters "DGO" and only align with science when it is convent for that sect to do so.

trans sect of atheism is apologetic atheism and cherry picking self centered belief to a tea. tea bag that is.
Scarface is a film. You are attacking fictional characters in a film. Fictional. Non-existent.

Old 07-01-2019, 04:37 PM

23,161 posts, read 10,449,759 times
I googled DGO, and all I got was,'' Dude Got Owned.'' What does DGO mean? I kept looking but can't figure it out.

Old 07-02-2019, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
Scarface is a film. You are attacking fictional characters in a film. Fictional. Non-existent.
yeah, I am just another person that caries a swastika right?

when you rep me to personally insult me, put your name on it.

But to your point. try and address the claim with facts in stead of avoiding it.

The claim is that if we list the personality types of what we would consider a fundy theist, that atheism has the same type off people in it.

so harry, you claim is less valid. they are not fictional, they are real.

now of you would like to discuss how they can be seen ... we can talk.

oh wait, anybody that question' the team goes to the camp ... my bad.

Old 07-02-2019, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I googled DGO, and all I got was,'' Dude Got Owned.'' What does DGO mean? I kept looking but can't figure it out.
hey hanni, I got a rep that said I am nothing more than a person that wares hanni's swastika.

lmao ... it ok to attack theist but we are nazi's when we question anti-theist. and they can't put their name on it.

to funny how some of them will not apply the same rigor to their beliefs as they do other belief systems.

Old 07-02-2019, 05:58 AM

Quote:
yeah, I am just another person that caries a swastika right?
You do?

Quote:
when you rep me to personally insult me, put your name on it.
Not only do I doubt I will ever rep you to insult you (I am not sure how that would work), I doubt I will ever rep you.

Quote:
But to your point. try and address the claim with facts in stead of avoiding it.
No, I insist on avoiding every claim I do not make.

Quote:
The claim is that if we list the personality types of what we would consider a fundy theist, that atheism has the same type off people in it.
No, that is a different claim.

Quote:
so harry, you claim is less valid. they are not fictional, they are real.
No, Scarface is a fictional film, not a documentary. Goldie even said 'It's a quote (modified slightly to edit profanity) from the movie "Scarface"'.

Quote:
now of you would like to discuss how they can be seen ... we can talk.
In a cinema, or you can buy or rent the movie on DVD.

Quote:
oh wait, anybody that question' the team goes to the camp ... my bad.
Like you said, try and address the claim with facts in stead of avoiding it. And the claim (or rather the question) is "is there any proof of the Bible's inspiration by God"?

Old 07-02-2019, 06:08 AM

Quote:
hey hanni, I got a rep that said I am nothing more than a person that wares hanni's swastika.

lmao ... it ok to attack theist but we are nazi's when we question anti-theist. and they can't put their name on it.

to funny how some of them will not apply the same rigor to their beliefs as they do other belief systems.
Then report it. Then maybe the person (atheist or not) who made that will be banned. I will still be here.

But as you do not know who sent the rep, you can not claim it was an atheist who sent it, and you certainly can not attack me 1) for something you have no evidence for, 2) as I rarely read hanni's posts, so I have no idea what you are talking about, 3) considering my family's history, that is something I would never do, 4), being a honest person I would not use an irrelevant attack, and 5) you give us enough material to 'attack' your arguments without using meaningless insults.

Old 07-02-2019, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Then report it. Then maybe the person (atheist or not) who made that will be banned. I will still be here.

But as you do not know who sent the rep, you can not claim it was an atheist who sent it, and you certainly can not attack me 1) for something you have no evidence for, 2) as I rarely read hanni's posts, so I have no idea what you are talking about, 3) considering my family's history, that is something I would never do, 4), being a honest person I would not use an irrelevant attack, and 5) you give us enough material to 'attack' your arguments without using meaningless insults.
I say it was you harry because your post are the most dishonest here. But if you can convince your friend to own up to it, I'll say I was wrong.

why do I say your post are dishonest? for example. you last response to me.

My claim is ... there is no possible way atheism and theism do not have some of the same type of people in them.

You saying that the personality types (as assigned to people that study people) are fictional and not real.

That claim is just flat out dishonest.

lets me use your other posts.

You tell constantly tell me I am strawmanning because once we get past "some religous people are wrong." I talk about the things they claim that do line up to science and those things that do not line up with science."

You avoid that side of the conversation by telling me I am off base. You saying that is a complete and utter lie by you. You know full well that its about talking what claims line up to observations and what claims don't.

Old 07-02-2019, 07:19 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,858,876 times
Quote:

Sure wasn't me. I don't read his incoherent babble. I wouldn't waste the effort on him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality