Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2017, 06:27 PM

22,161 posts, read 19,213,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You make these non-sequiturs about my views in another post and I still do not understand why you would associate my views with Islam. The way your mind works escapes me, Tzaph. I follow Christ, certainly NOT Mohammed, whose beliefs are in many ways worse than the OT, IMO. Islam and Judaism are in a sibling rivalry over Isaac and Ishmael it seems to me. Jesus has nothing to do with either tradition.
Trans, can you explain it to Mystic so he gets it? That him claiming to "correct" the "errors" of Judaism is identical to Islam "correcting" the "corruption and errors" of Christianity?

Old 08-13-2017, 06:49 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,042,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post

If that ain't the most dessicatedly dryest put - down ever...where's my rep??

What??? I was being serious. I thought your joking remark was funny. Peace

Old 08-13-2017, 07:05 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,917,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
Trans, can you explain it to Mystic so he gets it? That him claiming to "correct" the "errors" of Judaism is identical to Islam "correcting" the "corruption and errors" of Christianity?
You may have a point, in that Mystic recognizes that mainstream religion has gone off the rails, and that Islam points out areas where that happened: making a religion out of the faith and the Way Jesus taught, regardless of what the relationship of Father and Son is. However, they, as Mystic pointed out make the same error themselves with a different focus for adulation and a different set of rituals and laws and other forms.

Mystic might have moved on to Buddhism/Taoism and/or humanism but for his conviction of the divine, so until someone points out a faith tradition that more closely matches the consciousness he "encountered" he is stuck on "The Way" Jesus taught, and so, for one, am I.

Old 08-13-2017, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
You may have a point, in that Mystic recognizes that mainstream religion has gone off the rails, and that Islam points out areas where that happened: making a religion out of the faith and the Way Jesus taught, regardless of what the relationship of Father and Son is. However, they, as Mystic pointed out make the same error themselves with a different focus for adulation and a different set of rituals and laws and other forms.

Mystic might have moved on to Buddhism/Taoism and/or humanism but for his conviction of the divine, so until someone points out a faith tradition that more closely matches the consciousness he "encountered" he is stuck on "The Way" Jesus taught, and so, for one, am I.
That's fine for him.
That's fine for you.

The problem is that he tells other people their views are incorrect.
He denigrates other views. And he misrepresents other views.

He seems utterly incapable of talking about his own path without the constant barrage of negativity and criticism.
Instead of just talking about how beautiful his own wife is, he tells everyone else how ugly and deficient and inferior their wives are. Do you see how one is an expression of light, and the other is toxic sludge?

Do you see the difference?

Old 08-13-2017, 07:14 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,178,156 times
Quote:
That's fine for him.
That's fine for you.

He seems utterly incapable of talking about his own path without the constant barrage of negativity.
Instead of just talking about how beautiful his own wife is, he tells everyone else how ugly and deficient and inferior their wives are.

Beauty, like ugliness, is with the beholder.

Why do you accept his notion of your "wife's" ugliness? What do you care what another thinks of the one you care about?

If you are smitten by your god, no other's opinion of it should matter.

Old 08-13-2017, 07:20 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,917,131 times
Quote:
That's fine for him.
That's fine for you.

He seems utterly incapable of talking about his own path without the constant barrage of negativity and criticism.
Instead of just talking about how beautiful his own wife is, he tells everyone else how ugly and deficient and inferior their wives are. Do you see how one is an expression of light, and the other is toxic sludge?

I do see the difference, but the point you should consider is that the ideas that Mystic denigrates have been abandoned in Rabbinic Judaism. For instance, how do you view animal sacrifice?

Old 08-13-2017, 07:28 PM

Quote:
I do see the difference, but the point you should consider is that the ideas that Mystic denigrates have been abandoned in Rabbinic Judaism. For instance, how do you view animal sacrifice?
good. thank you.

Old 08-13-2017, 07:35 PM

63,797 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
Thank you so much, nate! I am increasingly frustrated by the misunderstanding of my views and the attempts to denigrate them by association with other views. I FOLLOW JESUS because the detailed descriptions of His God and character exactly match the consciousness I encountered, period. No other God can be accepted given my experiences. I just cannot understand the seeming inability or unwillingness to recognize evil and savagery for what it is.

Old 08-13-2017, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Thank you so much, nate! I am increasingly frustrated by the misunderstanding of my views and the attempts to denigrate them by association with other views. I FOLLOW JESUS because the detailed descriptions of His God and character exactly match the consciousness I encountered, period. No other God can be accepted given my experiences. I just cannot understand the seeming inability or unwillingness to recognize evil and savagery for what it is.
i recognize the evil and savagery in your posts that goes on and on and on, the hate, the intolerance for other religious views, the black sludge on display in your word choices and toxic attitude.

Old 08-13-2017, 08:56 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,042,639 times
Quote:
i recognize the evil and savagery in your posts that goes on and on and on, the hate, the intolerance for other religious views, the black sludge on display in your word choices and toxic attitude.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality