Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2017, 05:48 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,388,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
When those who at least know the Spirit and hope to operate in that spirit fail in that regard, we know it because it is a failure of love and there are time when no law addresses that. You might not be aware of this.

Let me copy this sentence again:
"And, as usual, you misinterpret that to mean, there are no laws, which is NOT what it's saying, but rather saying that when DOING the law's content, AGAINST THAT, there is no law, NEEDING to be imposed (why? Because it's already been accomplished, eliminating the NEED to apply it, NOT the law)."

That is the most convoluted misinterpretation I have EVER seen. No, I am NOT saying there are no laws, I am saying that there are no laws against anything that is spirit directed and the fruit of that direction. Living in that Way NO laws will be violated.... at leasn not any reasonable laws with the good of society in mind. The point here is that the PEOPLE who follow the Spirit don't NEED laws to live for the good of their society. Law is not what guiides the Way.

Old 08-17-2017, 05:55 AM

Does anyone find it odd besides me that in all of the bible only the 10 commandments are said to be written by the finger of God Himself and the 613+ other laws were suppose to be written by Moses?

What did God not have the time to write down all these other laws?

or

Maybe God did not think these other laws were all that important.

Old 08-17-2017, 01:15 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,043,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
This is why the question of whether the gospels are reliable is so important. It was the wrong day, and it doesn't actually look like a Seder feast. If the clues that it was at Sukkhot, the only conection with passover is the symbolic act of sacrifice, as you say.

But is it true? Certainly Paul ses the redemption through the shedding of blood, but it is the obedience to death that does it, rather than the sacrificial holiness of the blood. Now, if the clues that indicate that the Gospels built on Paul rather preceded his views, and increase in the divinity of Jesus (from a bit more than a man in mark to a bit less than a god in John) would indicate a sacrificial value in the death and the act of sacrifice in the crucifixion would supplant the Pauling idea of wiping out Adam's disobedience.

That sacrifice ought to be on Passover, so that's when it was. Even though the evidence of the Hoshanah procession shows that it wasn't. In John everything happens on Passover - to a ridiiculous degree. So it's not surprising if the Last supper is interpreted as the Passover feast, which would actually be held the next day. It is easy enough for the original story to have a declaration that Jesus is going to eat the Passover. It's no more than the common declaration in three gospels that Jesus was seen in solid body form after the crucifixion, though the invention there is easy to show.

Really? It doesn't? How would you know, have you been to one? Peace

Old 08-17-2017, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
Does anyone find it odd besides me that in all of the bible only the 10 commandments are said to be written by the finger of God Himself and the 613+ other laws were suppose to be written by Moses?

or

Why would it be odd? Did G-d only (if ever) speak to you once and then stop? The Torah is INSTRUCTION. Peace

Old 08-17-2017, 01:38 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,717,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Really? It doesn't? How would you know, have you been to one? Peace
Never. But I can read. I do hope you are not going to to tell me that everything I read about Pesach and Sukkhot is unreliable.

Old 08-18-2017, 03:42 AM

Quote:
Why would it be odd? Did G-d only (if ever) speak to you once and then stop? The Torah is INSTRUCTION. Peace
Well if God thought it was important and he took the time to write 10 commandments why did he not take the time to write the whole thing out?

Old 08-18-2017, 04:53 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,577,622 times
Quote:

or

nope. After someone tells me they think the ten were written by their god thing I find nothing they say odd. What they say usually fits exactly what I would think a person would say when the first factoid is wrong.

brains link ideas together, that's what it does. Its kind of all it does. Some link notions together quite nicely, they just have fact wrong or they just don't know the facts. Brains that can't link factoids together are more easily spotted, and dismissed. if only it were that simple. We must toss in emotion vs logic notions and a myriad of other stirrers like adult children of abuse, addicts, and mentals. Try drinking a factoid soda with a mouth full of straws.

Old 08-18-2017, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Well if God thought it was important and he took the time to write 10 commandments why did he not take the time to write the whole thing out?

WHY does that have ANY bearing on ANYTHING? You think thousands of rocks would have been easier to carry around, do you? Why weren't those extraneous writings you're pushing, written in stone then?

The 10 words were written on stone because they are written on the heart of man as his conscience. The rest was instruction on how to KEEP the 10 written, according to G-D'S standards. This is why the 10 words were placed in the Ark of the Covenant. Peace

Old 08-18-2017, 01:31 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,577,622 times
Quote:
WHY does that have ANY bearing on ANYTHING? You think thousands of rocks would have been easier to carry around, do you? Why weren't those extraneous writings you're pushing, written in stone then?

The 10 words were written on stone because they are written on the heart of man as his conscience. The rest was instruction on how to KEEP the 10 written, according to G-D'S standards. This is why the 10 words were placed in the Ark of the Covenant. Peace
so you think god actually wrote them in stone? or do you think ol's abe might-da snuck a chisel up in that robe?

Old 08-18-2017, 05:39 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,918,865 times
Ol' Mo"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality