Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2017, 11:31 PM

63,775 posts, read 40,038,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Of course you do. You threw away the level, and have had a one time experience, apparently, with the plumb line and on the basis of THAT, you are suddenly in a position to tear down all that came before you, when if it was HIS Spirit, it would be building on the foundation already laid.
It was NOT a one-time experience and I spent decades building my understanding, NOT tearing anything down.
Quote:
"Magical thinking" is just another way to bash faith believers who actually believe Him and His Word, so of course those of us that do, are going to be in direct opposition to your imaginary doctrines, and so we reject your version because it lacks both the Spirit who is not divided against Himself, and the Word the Spirit breathed. So regardless of whether or not the thread is "yours", you should expect opposition to errors. Peace
My intellect would not allow me to engage in magical thinking. It has nothing to do with bashing anyone. Everything I have built on my experiences is based on the Spirit of the consciousness I encountered - unconditional love, acceptance, and joy. Because you refuse to describe it, I have no idea what Spirit your experience encountered nor why you think it is the truth, but it is antithetical to the Spirit I follow which is identical to the one described in detail by Jesus.

Old 08-19-2017, 11:38 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,039,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
It was NOT a one-time experience and I spent decades building my understanding, NOT tearing anything down.
My intellect would not allow me to engage in magical thinking. It has nothing to do with bashing anyone. Everything I have built on my experiences is based on the Spirit of the consciousness I encountered - unconditional love, acceptance, and joy. Because you refuse to describe it, I have no idea what Spirit your experience encountered nor why you think it is the truth, but it is antithetical to the Spirit I follow which is identical to the one described in detail by Jesus.

Well, you better go back to square one because you apparently missed the part about TODAY being the day of your salvation. Peace

Old 08-20-2017, 06:14 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,381,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
Ya well we are all aware of what zealots do.

And you are simply mixing up works of faith with works of law. One is good the other cometh of evil.

And if anyone is trying to be special it would be you.

We did not come into your house and try to tear down what you believe you came into ours.
Quote:
This is not your house, any more than it is mine. And you try to tear down what I believe on a daily basis, it's called the scriptures. Which, if you spent half as much time trying to understand spiritually, as tear down, you would be a lot better off.

No, special is refusing the word of the Lord for your own. I prefer not to be special, just in line with Truth. Peace

went right over your head. I was referring to you coming into this thread about what we believe and start in with the bashing instead of trying to understand what we are saying.

And I don't tear down scripture, I uphold all scripture, I just don't believe everything in the bible is scripture or that every scripture is in the bible.

Old 08-20-2017, 06:47 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,567,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
yup. people just dont understand laying out all the puzzle pieces, with many missing pieces, and then using common sense to describe what it might be. We may not know what IT IS but we might be able to say "well, its not a pigeon".

I struggle with people that fight "its not a pigeon" so hard they completely disregard, minimize, change, ignore (shun) the fact that it might be a bird.

Old 08-20-2017, 07:38 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,912,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
yup. people just dont understand laying out all the puzzle pieces, with many missing pieces, and then using common sense to describe what it might be. We may not know what IT IS but we might be able to say "well, its not a pigeon".

I struggle with people that fight "its not a pigeon" so hard they completely disregard, minimize, change, ignore (shun) the fact that it might be a bird.

Old 08-20-2017, 10:26 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,039,577 times
Quote:
went right over your head. I was referring to you coming into this thread about what we believe and start in with the bashing instead of trying to understand what we are saying.

And I don't tear down scripture, I uphold all scripture, I just don't believe everything in the bible is scripture or that every scripture is in the bible.

It's called debate. You present your side, I present mine. It's a forum. What makes you think I don't understand what you're saying? Because I don't agree with it?

And you're free to ignore all the facts you want. Scripture means canon, canon was explained. Peace

Old 08-20-2017, 10:56 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,381,552 times
Quote:
It's called debate. You present your side, I present mine. It's a forum. What makes you think I don't understand what you're saying? Because I don't agree with it?

And you're free to ignore all the facts you want. Scripture means canon, canon was explained. Peace

Your replies many times are what makes me know you are not understanding me.

So now it is scripture = canon, not scripture = bible? or are you saying scripture =canon, canon=bible so then scripture =bible?

Old 08-20-2017, 11:33 AM

50,086 posts, read 20,691,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post

Sorry - " " is only the answer because it agrees with your own views - not because it makes sense.

"It's a bird", "it' a plane", "It's superman".

It could be a lot of things. While the sentiment that it might be a bird, is ok so far as it goes, it ignores the possibility that it more resembles the actions of a plane ("birds glide...you just don't want to believe it's a bird...you have some kind of anti -bird agenda...dion't tell me you don't, because I Know you do... ") Don't you see where the thinking is wrong? Don't you see the inherent bias, illogic and a third slapdown epithet I can't think of at the moment?

Old 08-20-2017, 11:51 AM

50,086 posts, read 20,691,451 times
Quote:
Your replies many times are what makes me know you are not understanding me.

So now it is scripture = canon, not scripture = bible? or are you saying scripture =canon, canon=bible so then scripture =bible?
It sounds like the Old Problem..."lets assume God to start with...." "Let's assume to start with that all scripture is true..."

Then the dickering about it ..well, they can't see how it misses the point, because they have skipped over the whole point at the outset.

Old 08-20-2017, 02:30 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,912,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Sorry - " " is only the answer because it agrees with your own views - not because it makes sense.

"It's a bird", "it' a plane", "It's superman".

It could be a lot of things. While the sentiment that it might be a bird, is ok so far as it goes, it ignores the possibility that it more resembles the actions of a plane ("birds glide...you just don't want to believe it's a bird...you have some kind of anti -bird agenda...dion't tell me you don't, because I Know you do... ") Don't you see where the thinking is wrong? Don't you see the inherent bias, illogic and a third slapdown epithet I can't think of at the moment?
The point being made was that some fight the idea that it is not a pigeon so hard they don't even think that it might be another kind of bird. It's really funny. Baby/wash sort of situation. Of course it might be a plane or even a frisbee, but because it isn't a pigeon don't say it's not a bird.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality