Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2017, 05:37 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,577,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
When I rewrote my own version of the bible, I added a disclaimer that one need not honor ones parents if the parents are abusive, neglectful, or closed-minded. Peace to you too.
Thats what he meant when he said I will come between you and family. honor the ones doing their job and walk away from ones that don't.

its pretty clear.

Old 06-19-2017, 08:27 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,918,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
here is a great response, I will quote it in response to your ongoing denigration of paths to the Divine that differ from your own
So you are saying that the dictatorial or authoritarian paths that constrict its followers to the specific acts and attitudes they like is a valid path to God.

I understand why you don't like Mystic. "Liberty in Christ" would seem to be a Satanic concept to you.

Old 06-19-2017, 08:39 PM

22,177 posts, read 19,217,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
So you are saying that the dictatorial or authoritarian paths that constrict its followers to the specific acts and attitudes they like is a valid path to God.

I understand why you don't like Mystic. "Liberty in Christ" would seem to be a Satanic concept to you.
No I am not saying that at all. That is what you are saying. Your thoughts your words your vocabulary your views your (rather colorful) beliefs. I read your post and say "Huh??"

I have a great deal of respect and admiration for mystic and he knows it. I have written him long direct message telling him that. His experience that changed his life is genuine and he is sincere and authentic and passionate in what he puts forth. It takes an incredible amount of courage to not just dismiss or discard his experience but rather instead be willing to jettison or at least question much of who he was and what he believed before his experience in search of honoring and seeking to understand what happened.

I feel it is a privilege that he has shared his experience and where it has taken him. When someone shares something like that with us we benefit. I know I do.

There is what I actually believe. And there is what you think I believe. Trust me....there is absolutely nothing in your post that in any way shape or form remotely resembles or even slightly represents my beliefs my views my reality my religion or my views of other paths to the Divine.

I've said it before and I'll say it again and on this mystic and I agree. G*d is love, and love your neighbor are simple essential powerful truths.

May you one day discover the difference between telling someone what they believe....and asking someone what they believe

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 06-19-2017 at 09:10 PM..

Old 06-19-2017, 09:09 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
Mystic, you are acting exactly like those who say you can ONLY find God through xyz holy book.....when you say you can NEVER find God through xyz holy book.
Huh??? Where did I say that?
Quote:
Can you not hear how you are being authoritarian and dictatorial in your condemning other paths to the Divine?
What paths to the Divine have I condemned???
Quote:
There is one Creator who made us all. Everyone has equal access. All paths lead there. Period. Full stop. We are all beloved children of the Creator.
I have no quarrel with any of that, it is the dictating to others, discriminating against others, mistreating others in the name of God that I am against.
Quote:

I missed where Mystic said you have to NOT find value in religious texts.
I know I am accused of being a bad communicator, nate, but this does seem off the charts.
Quote:
he does not find love
where others do find love
he (his words) "dictates to others in the name of the Creator while pretending that it is out of love."
Huh???? I have said, God IS love.
Quote:
You are simply amazing. Lemme think.... what is it that Mystic says God IS? And where did he get that notion?
When you figure out that things can be USED or they can be MISUSED let us know.
Thanks, nate. This attack is very confusing.

Old 06-19-2017, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
...What paths to the Divine have I condemned???
The OT and anyone who draws inspiration from the OT.
See the bolded phrases in post 154.

Old 06-19-2017, 09:18 PM

Quote:
here is a great response, I will quote it in response to your ongoing denigration of paths to the Divine that differ from your own
What ongoing denigration of paths to the Divine???? I am depressed over the dictatorial and authoritarian abuse of OTHERS in pretended pursuit of piety in the name of God. What God wants from us is personal and refers to each of us individually. We have no charter to impose what we THINK God wants on anyone else, period.

Old 06-19-2017, 09:24 PM

Quote:
What ongoing denigration of paths to the Divine???? I am depressed over the dictatorial and authoritarian abuse of OTHERS in pretended pursuit of piety in the name of God. What God wants from us is personal and refers to each of us individually. We have no charter to impose what we THINK God wants on anyone else, period.
Are you really not aware of how you talk down to others? I will quote Trans because he has a concise way of phrasing it

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
.... don't talk down to people as though they were ignorant turds in the gutter..

Old 06-19-2017, 09:24 PM

Quote:
The OT and anyone who draws inspiration from the OT.
See the bolded phrases in post 154.
The OT describes and prophesies about Jesus, tells us what He will do, how we can identify Him, how He will be validated by events long after His death. There is value in the OT. There is NO value in the dictatorial and authoritarian nonsense used to judge others and abuse them in the name of God nor is there value in corrupting Christ's Gospel of Love and unambiguous demonstration of the TRUE NATURE of God using barbaric beliefs and practices about appeasing a wrathful God, IMO.

Old 06-19-2017, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Are you really not aware of how you talk down to others? I will quote Trans because he has a concise way of phrasing it
I am not responsible if people feel "talked down to" because it is not my intent. The idea that I can be responsible for how others react to me is preposterous.

Old 06-19-2017, 09:34 PM

Quote:
I am not responsible if people feel "talked down to" because it is not my intent. The idea that I can be responsible for how others react to me is preposterous.
You are responsible for how you treat others. We are responsible for owning our feelings, and how we respond to you.

Trust me mystic.....you talk down to people. I believe you when you say that it is not your intent. However you still do it and it is my observation you really don't want to look at it or take responsibility for it or own it or address it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality