Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2017, 08:41 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,383,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
I'm glad you asked I agree that 'Divine input' of the kind that all people get is the 'agpe love' lype of thing that mystic says is there for all and the there is no question of disagreement debunking divine revelation.

However, many other emotions or feelings as powerful or nearly so, can equally well be explained as an evolved instinct. I see no reason to think that 'agape love' (as an experience rather than a reccomended lifestyle) is anything else.
Okay. My only quibble is with the word "emotion". Agape is a principle of concern for the well-being of others as well as self.

Quote:
The question of special information being accessed as divine revelation, for example the science of dark matter or conscious nature is however not common to all because others don't know it or accept it. So that is either divine input that others are not listening to or it is just a theory that is worked out and must be validated with more than divine revelation.
I would agree that such a revelation would be able to eventually be validated as truth and need not be accepted as truth by anyone until that time occurs.

Old 07-10-2017, 09:59 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,039,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
God created no religions. The authors of confusion are ALL human, Rbbi.

Confusion comes from idolatry Mystic. For there to be confusion, there must then be idolatry and if idolatry, then something has been established by G-d that is NOT idolatry and NOT confusion. Peace

Old 07-10-2017, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
Thanks for your input, however, we'll have to agree to disagree about spirit communication.

I highlighted the bible verse above because it has a reference to Divine Love. God is perfect and for us to become perfect, we must receive the "thing" He has, which is His essence and substance.

Can I impose upon you to post the bible verse where Jesus' disciples received this Love in their souls after his passing? I believe it may say something like the room shook... or they felt a mighty wind...

Gracias.

Should be really interesting around your house when you turn. If it happens while I'm still here, don't be a stranger. Peace

Old 07-10-2017, 10:09 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,912,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Confusion comes from idolatry Mystic. For there to be confusion, there must then be idolatry and if idolatry, then something has been established by G-d that is NOT idolatry and NOT confusion. Peace
Idolatry would be relating to other Gods, NOT idolatry would be relating to the God we agree Jesus taught about. Religion would be establishing required forms for that relationship. There are none established by God under the New Covenant of Christ but a commitment to love as a basis for that relationship demonstrated in our relationship with the people around us.

Old 07-10-2017, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Idolatry would be relating to other Gods, NOT idolatry would be relating to the God we agree Jesus taught about. Religion would be establishing required forms for that relationship. There are none established by God under the New Covenant of Christ but a commitment to love as a basis for that relationship demonstrated in our relationship with the people around us.

You remind me of one of the sons of the prophets. Peace

Old 07-10-2017, 10:30 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,912,231 times
Quote:
You remind me of one of the sons of the prophets. Peace
Would you like to specify your reference or do you just want to seem wise?

Old 07-10-2017, 10:44 AM

63,775 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Again, you get things reversed. Idolatry comes from confusion over who God is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Amen, nate. The New Covenant of Christ is based on love of God and each other.

Old 07-10-2017, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Again, you get things reversed. Idolatry comes from confusion over who God is.
Amen, nate. The New Covenant of Christ is based on love of God and each other.

No, it's a spiritual principle. Seek and ye shall find. Peace

Old 07-10-2017, 01:17 PM

15,840 posts, read 6,308,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
You may be right there. I'll let Mystic clarify that. If he claims that the only divine information getting through to him is Agape Love, that changes the game a bit, and the disagreements are about information based on human science, really. But I did get the impression that Mystic could not have got his information from human sources, but were information from a divine source. in fact past posts suggest strongly that is where he thinks it is coming from.

Thus, those who are also getting divine input should say the same as he does. But since hardly anybody does, the conclusion is that - as he says - everyone has access to the divine input but - as he also said - others are not listening.

Thus it seems to me inescapable that (apart from Agape love, which is something available to all no matter what religion they beleive) those who disagree with Mystic over everything else are simply not tuning into the divine radio -channel, and it is inescapable that he is just about the only one that is.
That's an apt description of my experience as well. It was everywhere and always had been but I was disconnected from it all. I wouldn't venture a guess how many other people where picking it up but I had the feeling most people did in one way or another. I think I was coming off of a depression and I was connecting with the outside world again.

Old 07-10-2017, 02:29 PM

2,065 posts, read 2,160,407 times
Quote:
Should be really interesting around your house when you turn. If it happens while I'm still here, don't be a stranger. Peace

Oh, you're hilarious. In my house, we believe the same thing, so there will be no surprises!

Don't you worry. When we're both passed over, I'm going to look you up and you know what I'm going to say? See... I told you so!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality