Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2017, 03:36 PM

23,148 posts, read 10,445,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValeBV View Post
Yeah, most Christians sort of ignore 2/3's of the bible, unless it is to rail against homosexuals and lesbians. Then they are all over endorsing that part.
That's because they haven't a clue what they are talking about because they haven't a clue what the law actually teaches. Every time a Christian opens his mouth about a person who is sexually immoral, they judge themselves each and every time.

It is for this reason that it needs to be done, that Christians need to open their mouths to judge, it is needed for them to judge themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2017, 04:29 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,604,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ValeBV View Post
Yeah, most Christians sort of ignore 2/3's of the bible, unless it is to rail against homosexuals and lesbians. Then they are all over endorsing that part.
What does the bible say about lesbians?

Old 06-06-2017, 11:08 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
Wasn't god making appearances back in the day?
He was quite chatty too, right? Why didn't god enlighten these ignorant ancestors?
Lay some special pleading on us.
NO need for special pleading. God has been inspiring humans since the beginning. What presented problems was our ignorance and inability to interpret the inspirations. Evolution is real. We had to evolve the capability to reason and learn about reality and we had to evolve the self-control necessary to subdue our baser urges. Prior to Jesus, we did not have those abilities. That was the point of the schoolmaster stage (OT) of our physical and spiritual evolution using the fear of God to evolve our species self-control. By the time of Christ, the "fields were ripe for the harvest" and Jesus was the one human evolved enough to perfectly embody the Holy Spirit of God in His human consciousness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
If I told you, you wouldn't understand. And if you wouldn't understand...
how would people back then get it do you suppose?
I love when Jesus said...picture the scene...with all his disciples that had been sitting around campfires
being told amazing things privately and 3 seeing him turn into pure light...he still said to them
at supper...There are many things I want to tell you but you cannot grasp them now. John 16And they were hundreds of years after the Old Testament writers...their little pea brains just didn't get
certain things.
(Remember they were similar to tribes throwing virgins into volcanoes, still...)
I wonder what Mystic will say, indeed.
Amen, Miss H. It IS experiential and it takes a deep understanding of what unconditional love and acceptance are all about - something the mainstream religions seem unable to comprehend.

Old 06-07-2017, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
NO need for special pleading. God has been inspiring humans since the beginning. What presented problems was our ignorance and inability to interpret the inspirations. Evolution is real. We had to evolve the capability to reason and learn about reality and we had to evolve the self-control necessary to subdue our baser urges. Prior to Jesus, we did not have those abilities. That was the point of the schoolmaster stage (OT) of our physical and spiritual evolution using the fear of God to evolve our species self-control. By the time of Christ, the "fields were ripe for the harvest" and Jesus was the one human evolved enough to perfectly embody the Holy Spirit of God in His human consciousness.
Amen, Miss H. It IS experiential and it takes a deep understanding of what unconditional love and acceptance are all about - something the mainstream religions seem unable to comprehend.

And whose fault is that?

Not the creator omnigod, right?

Old 06-07-2017, 10:59 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,390,383 times
Quote:
And whose fault is that?

Fault? Do you assign blame when someone is too young, too inexperienced or not yet educated enough to understand something?

Old 06-07-2017, 11:16 AM

Quote:
And whose fault is that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Fault? Do you assign blame when someone is too young, too inexperienced or not yet educated enough to understand something?
I'm not the omnicreatorgod.

It should know how to create.

Old 06-07-2017, 11:19 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,390,383 times
Quote:
I'm not the omnicreatorgod.

It should know how to create.
I'm fairly certain that Mystic doesn't claim that such a god exists.

Old 06-07-2017, 11:37 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,379,197 times
Quote:
And whose fault is that?
Sarcasm and blame and eyerolling are uncool.
It has no place in debate or discussion or in good and fruitful communication.
I shows the person to be angry and many other things I will leave out here.

That goes for Christians doing it to atheists, also.

Old 06-07-2017, 03:21 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I'm fairly certain that Mystic doesn't claim that such a god exists.
The Omni's are human creations defining what our God MUST be in order to qualify as our God. They are the result of human vanity and hubris.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality