Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2017, 04:15 PM

1,379 posts, read 1,760,935 times

Advertisements

Sorry, don't get it. When you have supernatural powers at your disposal to resist so called sin, why should this Jesus character be looked at some role model of not "sinning". The Christian faith has some weird beliefs, this being one of them and one that makes no sense. No wonder I'm not Christian. This so called god expects us to emulate someone who have powers far beyond us and then we are to use this so called deity as an "example." Could somebody explain this silly doctrine to me, a lowly human being.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2017, 04:38 PM

1,708 posts, read 1,098,725 times
Christianity may not be for you.

Old 05-29-2017, 04:43 PM

2,066 posts, read 2,161,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan2008 View Post
Sorry, don't get it. When you have supernatural powers at your disposal to resist so called sin, why should this Jesus character be looked at some role model of not "sinning". The Christian faith has some weird beliefs, this being one of them and one that makes no sense. No wonder I'm not Christian. This so called god expects us to emulate someone who have powers far beyond us and then we are to use this so called deity as an "example." Could somebody explain this silly doctrine to me, a lowly human being.
Jesus is not God and he doesn't want to be worshiped as God. He is the son and a child of God, just as we all are children of God.

He was special because he was the first person on earth to receive God's Divine Love in his soul, as his soul was created to long for this Love. He didn't sin because of this Love. He was the first Divine Man and his teachings are that we can follow in his footsteps, if it is our desire to do so.

Jesus had the power to heal, but any other supernatural powers, like turning water into wine or walking on water didn't happen, and he didn't bring Lazarus back from the dead, because Lazarus wasn't dead.

Truth for all people - Lazarus says he was not dead when he was raised by Jesus. Confirms that Jesus writes through Mr. Padgett

Old 05-29-2017, 04:56 PM

23,141 posts, read 10,438,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan2008 View Post
The idea is that Jesus walked in the law and the 7 feasts to show each human how to progress from one level to the next where a progressiveness is shown whether it be from the outer court into the holy place from brazen to silver and gold, so is walking in Passover, progressing to Pentecost and to becoming a tree of the feast of Tabernacles.

Becoming a tree of Tabernacles is to become a brethren that had progressed just as Jesus progressed from a prophet to then be a priest so as to become a king and all these days were already appointed. A certain amount of days for each level. Jesus reached the prize that all men should reach for, and that is to have achieved the same walk as Jesus in the days of his prophecies, in the days of his being appointed priest which begins speaking in the temple, to his appointed day that is the day set aside and appointed for the coronation of the king.

Revelation 2

26And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations: 27And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.

Salvation is not the point at all, receiving all the promises that the father gave Jesus is the point.

There must be billions of earths that have humans on them who have evolved from animals and they are all set and ready for an overcomer to rule an entire planet.

Think of the earth as a breeding ground for the sons of God.

I believe the overcomers are few, and I don't pretend to be one, but if there is just one overcomer, it means he has been given sole rule over an entire planet, and now he has inherited all the prophesies that the father gave Jesus and he will also go down to an earth to do just what Jesus did here.

Sounds a bit crazy, but that is what I believe.

What does it truly mean when you have become a brethren of Christ instead of a child?

What does it mean when you are promised all the same promises that the father gave to Jesus?

Are you ready to die?

Old 05-30-2017, 06:12 PM

25,957 posts, read 22,102,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
Jesus is not God and he doesn't want to be worshiped as God. He is the son and a child of God, just as we all are children of God.

He was special because he was the first person on earth to receive God's Divine Love in his soul, as his soul was created to long for this Love. He didn't sin because of this Love. He was the first Divine Man and his teachings are that we can follow in his footsteps, if it is our desire to do so.

Jesus had the power to heal, but any other supernatural powers, like turning water into wine or walking on water didn't happen, and he didn't bring Lazarus back from the dead, because Lazarus wasn't dead.

Truth for all people - Lazarus says he was not dead when he was raised by Jesus. Confirms that Jesus writes through Mr. Padgett
I agree!

Also, many get confused that God is only a part of the Christian belief. One can believe in God and not believe a single thing about Jesus.

People tend to not understand that Biblical stories were passed down through the generations and each one might have tried to make it a little more interesting.

Knowing so little about religions, God, the Bible, etc. may just turn out to be the reason many don't believe yet keep asking questions hoping to justify their not being a believer. Maybe if they need so much to support not believing, there is a reason why they remain questioning.

I believe worshiping Jesus as God breaks Exodus 20:3: "You shall have no other gods before me."

Old 05-30-2017, 08:37 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,176,355 times
I see the Jesus-character as a positive role model because he challenged the existing system. He made people question -- which led to thinking. Which, back then, was pretty much a rarity, considering the other crap that went on in the bible. Which is why that aspect of him resonated with the 60s counter-culture, hippie-type folk.

Jesus was an agitator. He made ripples in the Force.

That's why it doesn't matter a whit to me if he was real or not. I don't believe he was the son of any kind of god. But he, or his legend, led people to think in way different from the norm at the time - a way that could generally be considered to be progressive and empathetic - a considerable step beyond the primitive barbarism of his (purported) father's time.

So, good on Jesus.

He's the bandaid to the wounds his old man inflicted.

ETA: Could use a person like that today.

Old 05-30-2017, 08:53 PM

2,066 posts, read 2,161,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I agree!

Also, many get confused that God is only a part of the Christian belief. One can believe in God and not believe a single thing about Jesus.

People tend to not understand that Biblical stories were passed down through the generations and each one might have tried to make it a little more interesting.

Knowing so little about religions, God, the Bible, etc. may just turn out to be the reason many don't believe yet keep asking questions hoping to justify their not being a believer. Maybe if they need so much to support not believing, there is a reason why they remain questioning.

I believe worshiping Jesus as God breaks Exodus 20:3: "You shall have no other gods before me."

Exactly. God first and then everything else.

Believing in God is one thing, the other is knowing that we can receive in our souls His very essence and substance.

"I was the instrument in God's hands of leading men to His favor and Love. When I said "I am the Way, the Truth and the Life," I meant that through my teachings and example men should be able to find God. I was not God and never claimed to be. The worship of me as a God is blasphemous and I did not teach it. I am a son of God as you are."

Truth for all people - Jesus is not God, but was sent by the Father

There are references to God's Love in the Bible, but with the confusion about Jesus, it's like finding a needle in a haystack. That said, here's one:

Romans 5:5 - Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.

Old 05-31-2017, 04:50 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,861,079 times
Some people want to believe there is Someone out there who has all the answers. Otherwise they feel scared and alone. Jesus is the only one they have heard of.

Old 05-31-2017, 07:00 AM

2,186 posts, read 1,171,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by functionofx View Post
Christianity may not be for you.
Or any other rational person.

Old 05-31-2017, 07:02 AM

2,186 posts, read 1,171,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I see the Jesus-character as a positive role model because he challenged the existing system. He made people question -- which led to thinking. Which, back then, was pretty much a rarity, considering the other crap that went on in the bible. Which is why that aspect of him resonated with the 60s counter-culture, hippie-type folk.

Jesus was an agitator. He made ripples in the Force.

That's why it doesn't matter a whit to me if he was real or not. I don't believe he was the son of any kind of god. But he, or his legend, led people to think in way different from the norm at the time - a way that could generally be considered to be progressive and empathetic - a considerable step beyond the primitive barbarism of his (purported) father's time.

So, good on Jesus.

He's the bandaid to the wounds his old man inflicted.

ETA: Could use a person like that today.
Perhaps without the narcissism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality