Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2017, 06:24 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,209,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
They don't just question...they bash and mock. The hate drips off their posts.
I didn't go on sites for autos and tell them "The harm from automobiles is well documented"...and bash those who are into cars..and only note the pollution and people injured in accidents.
I was using that as an example of things I know they do not criticize the way they do Religion...that has harmed many more children.
That's just it...I don't feel the same way about those things that they feel toward Religions.
Some aspects of Religion, or anything, is inevitably negative...but to note nothing but the negative aspects of it...and mock and insult it in every way possible...that goes beyond questioning.

Not only have I not "bought into" the idea that the whole world is out to get Religion...I note how prolific and powerful it is.
I do know that some Religious take bigtime exception to their faith being mocked...especially insults of the Deity and Prophet Characters.
Hmmmm...did Jesus not do the same when talking with the Pharisees?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2017, 06:45 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,602,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valebv View Post
there is nothing in leviticus 19 about slaves, but i bet you cut the corner of your hair and beard. If you have a beard.

You are disregarding the entire chapter of exodus 21. It clearly state on how slaves are to be dealt with, and as i stated before, the difference between those captured in war and those who are debt slaves. It even tells you how to scam a slave who is about to be set free if he married a wife, because the wife stays. If he stays, he's in for life.

Your lord teaching his subjects how to cheat, lie and scam a person out of their liberty? Not a very moral lord, that one.
boom!

Old 06-08-2017, 07:09 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,648,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
The hate seems to drips off your posts too. Is your anger justified and their's not? At what point is anger justified? I don't agree with that style of debate so I don't participate in it. I have yet to see you call out a Viz or a Jeff for their hate speech. Why is that? I don't agree with that style of debate so I don't participate in it.

Ah, the Ford forum again. If Ford owners read in the manual that children should ride in a Ford vehicle strapped to the hood and non Ford owners went in that forum to warn them that was erroneous would that be out of hate of Fords? What if some of those kids grew up and came back to tell their story about the horrors of riding around strapped to the hood are they liars and haters. Maybe there is something wrong if people who have lived it feel it necessary to come forward.
All have their perspective...and the mindset they post from.
I have no hate or anger toward anything at its base. I note the hatred...I don't have it myself. I used to refer to it as hating, hate...biased against bias...and have a prejudicial view of prejudice.

I note that this is the "Religion and Spirituality" (formerly Religion and Philosophy) Forum on the City-Data website. This would indicate that it would make sense and be reasonable to discuss Religions and the doctrine thereof on this board. Viz and Jeff and others like them are Religious people...some even are Pastors...them discussing the tenets of the theology they follow on a board titled "Religion and Spirituality" would figure.
Of course there will be some that hold a differing view or dissent...but to have this board be 3/4 bashing and mocking the subject of the board seems very strange to me. You would be hard pressed to find a board for any subject that the majority of the posts were people slamming the subject, those who embrace the subject in some way, and cheering any downturn in the subject they can find.
Most of the posts to a board about Football are not about concussions and the waste of time, money, and pollution caused going to see the games...with most of the posts insulting the game and people that play it or like it...likewise with Automobiles, or any other subject.
No matter what is discussed you will find people that are not into it, and some that even don't like it...but to to call it, "sick", "delusional", "mental illness", "the worst threat to humankind", etc? Wow!

Of course, I like this kind of exchange...I have noted that many times. I see it like entertainment or a sport. Like Boxing...people are punching each other, with the goal to actually knock the other person unconscious...but it is not viewed by the participants or spectators as pure violence, but as a sporting contest. For someone to note only that aspect of it, or the few participants that have an Ivan Drago (from Rocky. Who said of a badly hurt vanquished opponent, "If he dies, he dies") mentality, is disingenuous...and not what you would expect to typically see on a Forum for Boxing.
I note that this board is actually mostly a bash, insult, mock, and criticism of the subject of the board and the people who are into it...with veritable loathing and hated toward it openly presented. I note how strange that is...and how much the twisted side of me finds that amusing.

Old 06-08-2017, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Hmmmm...did Jesus not do the same when talking with the Pharisees?
Did Jesus do that? I don't know for sure. Neither do you, or anyone else.
I see those stories as metaphorical and allegorical...not literal accounts of occurrences.

Old 06-08-2017, 12:09 PM

15,851 posts, read 6,311,569 times
Quote:
All have their perspective...and the mindset they post from.
I have no hate or anger toward anything at its base. I note the hatred...I don't have it myself. I used to refer to it as hating, hate...biased against bias...and have a prejudicial view of prejudice.

I note that this is the "Religion and Spirituality" (formerly Religion and Philosophy) Forum on the City-Data website. This would indicate that it would make sense and be reasonable to discuss Religions and the doctrine thereof on this board. Viz and Jeff and others like them are Religious people...some even are Pastors...them discussing the tenets of the theology they follow on a board titled "Religion and Spirituality" would figure.
Of course there will be some that hold a differing view or dissent...but to have this board be 3/4 bashing and mocking the subject of the board seems very strange to me. You would be hard pressed to find a board for any subject that the majority of the posts were people slamming the subject, those who embrace the subject in some way, and cheering any downturn in the subject they can find.
Most of the posts to a board about Football are not about concussions and the waste of time, money, and pollution caused going to see the games...with most of the posts insulting the game and people that play it or like it...likewise with Automobiles, or any other subject.
No matter what is discussed you will find people that are not into it, and some that even don't like it...but to to call it, "sick", "delusional", "mental illness", "the worst threat to humankind", etc? Wow!

Of course, I like this kind of exchange...I have noted that many times. I see it like entertainment or a sport. Like Boxing...people are punching each other, with the goal to actually knock the other person unconscious...but it is not viewed by the participants or spectators as pure violence, but as a sporting contest. For someone to note only that aspect of it, or the few participants that have an Ivan Drago (from Rocky. Who said of a badly hurt vanquished opponent, "If he dies, he dies") mentality, is disingenuous...and not what you would expect to typically see on a Forum for Boxing.
I note that this board is actually mostly a bash, insult, mock, and criticism of the subject of the board and the people who are into it...with veritable loathing and hated toward it openly presented. I note how strange that is...and how much the twisted side of me finds that amusing.
Really? Why do I get such an angry vibe off your posts then? Hmmmm because I don't dislike you. That's weird.

Old 06-08-2017, 01:20 PM

4,466 posts, read 1,604,553 times
Quote:
Really? Why do I get such an angry vibe off your posts then? Hmmmm because I don't dislike you. That's weird.
To Gldn, when he "points out" something, he is merely making an observation, no matter how much venom may seem to be behind it. If an atheist/agnostic "points out" something, their posts are "dripping with hatred".... Gldn is nothing more than a typical hypocrite.

He is like the believers on here *cough cough Jeff*, who claim to be all about the love of Christ, yet show none of it, while spewing hate all around the board. Hypocrites. They all think they are somehow different, or that things don't apply to them.

Old 06-08-2017, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
To Gldn, when he "points out" something, he is merely making an observation, no matter how much venom may seem to be behind it. If an atheist/agnostic "points out" something, their posts are "dripping with hatred".... Gldn is nothing more than a typical hypocrite.

He is like the believers on here *cough cough Jeff*, who claim to be all about the love of Christ, yet show none of it, while spewing hate all around the board. Hypocrites. They all think they are somehow different, or that things don't apply to them.

Zealots couldn't stay elitists without that mindset in the first place. They have to believe that the whole world resides in the control of the wicked one but somehow they possess a unique quality that entitles them to untold rewards while those that disagree will suffer. That's what makes it hard for me to feel compassion for them because I know what goes into fueling that level of righteousness. They come face to face with other elitist on this board and use the exact same scriptures on each other but never figure out how similar they are. It's human greed and arrogance. I'm sure I do it too which is scary if I'm half as oblivious as those guys are(see what I did there?)

Gldn isn't a believer. If he says he isn't feeling the hate then I take him at his word. It's only words on a screen.

Old 06-08-2017, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post

Wrong. I'm not a hypocrite...I lay it out in no uncertain terms what I am about, and where I'm coming from.
Also...I have said many, many, many times that I am "bad guy"...and I can prove I have. Here, try this://www.city-data.com/forum/43848986-post732.html
I'm the guy that sees a dude menace a girl...and in a flash he is jumped and strangled unconscious. I guess you could say what I did was violent too...but I wasn't initiating, I was defending. In the strictest sense it could be declared hypocritical...but I would fervently debate that.
I do not hate, dislike, or have any problem at all with Religion, or those who embrace it for doing so.
I do not hate, dislike, or have any problem at all with Atheism, or those who embrace it for doing so.
Now you tell me...How prevalent is it for people to come on this board and insult and criticize, in the most mocking manner possible, Religion and Christianity specifically, the doctrines and tenets of Religion, and the Theists that embrace a Religion?
Every aspect of it...the writings, the organizations, the adherents, the beliefs, in any and every way imaginable.
Check this out...just one Member "cupper3"...over FOUR HUNDRED threads to this forum in 3 years. All but a few are to bash Religion and Religious
THAT takes bigtime hate.
Me...I've never started a thread in all the time I've been here.

Old 06-08-2017, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Wrong. I'm not a hypocrite...I lay it out in no uncertain terms what I am about, and where I'm coming from.
Also...I have said many, many, many times that I am "bad guy"...and I can prove I have. Here, try this://www.city-data.com/forum/43848986-post732.html
I'm the guy that sees a dude menace a girl...and in a flash he is jumped and strangled unconscious. I guess you could say what I did was violent too...but I wasn't initiating, I was defending. In the strictest sense it could be declared hypocritical...but I would fervently debate that.
I do not hate, dislike, or have any problem at all with Religion, or those who embrace it for doing so.
I do not hate, dislike, or have any problem at all with Atheism, or those who embrace it for doing so.
Now you tell me...How prevalent is it for people to come on this board and insult and criticize, in the most mocking manner possible, Religion and Christianity specifically, the doctrines and tenets of Religion, and the Theists that embrace a Religion?
Every aspect of it...the writings, the organizations, the adherents, the beliefs, in any and every way imaginable.
Check this out...just one Member "cupper3"...over FOUR HUNDRED threads to this forum in 3 years. All but a few are to bash Religion and Religious
THAT takes bigtime hate.
Me...I've never started a thread in all the time I've been here.
Are you under the impression that Christianity is the underdog? You keep bringing up how low our numbers are and how hated we are. Many of us have been bullied by the religions we grew up in and we are trying to stick up for ourselves and others trapped inside. Attacking us is nothing new.

Old 06-08-2017, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Are you under the impression that Christianity is the underdog? You keep bringing up how low our numbers are and how hated we are. Many of us have been bullied by the religions we grew up in and we are trying to stick up for ourselves and others trapped inside. Attacking us is nothing new.
Underdog? Not at all. It is one of the most prolific and powerful concepts ever. I've noted that a jillion times.
Saying that Atheism has low numbers and viewed in society as one of "Most Hated and Least Trusted" groups there has ever been...is just stating the facts as to how things are. I was Atheist for 40 years...I'm hip to it.

Nothing is all bad, or all good.
Even I have my good points and things I have done in my life that were decent. HaHa!

I'm sorry that stuff caused you distress...unfortunately, you caught some of the bad part of it. I hope things are better now for you...and it seems they are, and I'm glad for that.
State your opinion in no uncertain terms...and say just what you believe at any given time. IMO...that is seldom not the best thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality