Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2017, 03:46 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,388,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jilly9244 View Post
I want to read A Course in Miracles, but I'm a little scared to read it...
I do not think we will be going off topic considering holiness daily...why are you scared?
Maybe I could help?

And, btw, what's wrong with desires? They are what make the world go round!
Unfulfilled desires can be a bummer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2017, 03:48 PM

2,071 posts, read 2,163,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
How do you live a holy life? What does it mean to you and how do you put it into practice in your daily life?

Thank you everyone for your input and examples, may we grow in our understanding of what this means to each of us.

Also this is only about what it means for you in your life nothing to do with what it means for anyone else in their life.
I'm not holy yet, but working on it! Since it's a lifelong process and I'm a procrastinator at heart, I don't expect to reach that pinnacle while I'm on earth... but ya never know!

On the best advice from God to one of my questions, I followed His advice that if something is bothering me that involves another person.... what is the best solution. "Do nothing, and stay silent."

And so it goes that some emails don't get a reply.

Old 07-02-2017, 04:41 PM

1,058 posts, read 676,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I do not think we will be going off topic considering holiness daily...why are you scared?
Maybe I could help?

And, btw, what's wrong with desires? They are what make the world go round!
Unfulfilled desires can be a bummer.
Would you mind if I send you a message? I wouldnt want to hijack the thread, I'll post here if you like. It's up to you.

Old 07-02-2017, 05:19 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,388,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jilly9244 View Post
Would you mind if I send you a message? I wouldnt want to hijack the thread, I'll post here if you like. It's up to you.
It's really up to the mods and the orig poster...Is talking about a Self-study book ..that each day involves and promotes holiness , 365 days a year...
ok for this topic? I think yes. And that it would be helpful for any others interested in
this thing called ACIM.
Let's wait and see if it is ok...

Old 07-02-2017, 06:12 PM

22,182 posts, read 19,227,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
It's really up to the mods and the orig poster...Is talking about a Self-study book ..that each day involves and promotes holiness , 365 days a year...
ok for this topic? I think yes. And that it would be helpful for any others interested in
this thing called ACIM.
Let's wait and see if it is ok...
Sounds good to me
Holiness in your daily life is the topic

Old 07-02-2017, 08:27 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,549,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
The concept of holy doesn't mean anything to me, so this is a meaningless measure. As a result, I don't attempt to lead a holy life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Ditto.
I don't understand why atheists participate in threads that don't pertain to their belief systems. If one has nothing to contribute, why post?

Old 07-02-2017, 08:31 PM

13,011 posts, read 13,050,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
I don't understand why atheists participate in threads that don't pertain to their belief systems. If one has nothing to contribute, why post?
It was posted in R&S, not the Christianity sub. That seems to indicate the OP wanted a wide variety of responses. Different people live their lives in different ways, and holy might mean a bunch of things. I was responding to the question as posed.

Old 07-02-2017, 08:43 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Ditto but I don't have any bibles.
Tools of my Trade

Quote:
I don't understand either - it's a bugger, ain't it? Perhaps its' a similar impulse that drives some theist apologists to parachute into an A/A discussion on some aspect of atheism and tell us we are all wrong.

Old 07-02-2017, 09:23 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Quote:
You're inability to understand many points of view is well-understood by those familiar with your posting history.

And, for the umpteenth time, I'm not an atheist.

(Not that...etc.)

Old 07-02-2017, 09:34 PM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Holy means that which is set aside for God, whomever or whatever you may perceive God to be.

So, regular prayer would be my primary way. Another os to be a better person than the one I am by nature, but I forget and fail pretty miserably at that one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality