Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2017, 07:31 PM

19,103 posts, read 27,696,540 times

Advertisements

Couldn't it have been a bit more palatable question, OP? It is about one of the most fundamental ones known to humanity and you want to have answer HERE? No disrespect but the greatest humanity minds clashed over this to no avail.
Even further out.. Say, we provide you with an answer. Someone. A hidden gem, a genius. Maybe even HE himself? Will YOU hear that answer? As from what I know, every poster asking a question already has an answer and then simply matches his to posts and picks ones that match. As if you asked - you had the answer BEFORE you asked.

Ok, so here's a plan. As I do not believe in god the way you describe, so I might be wrong in assumption, so maybe you should clarify what exactly is a god you refer to as every respondent will presume that it is HIS god you refer to. And gods are a plenty.

Ok, back yours truly. I do not believe in god. I believe into a general organizational principle, immortal, omnipresent, that is origin to everything and end to everything. You can call that god or you can scratch my answer.

Plan for the universe, known and unknown, is to progress every unit of nature into consciousness.

That's it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2017, 09:20 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,340,082 times
I believe in the fates,the norns,the sudice,and all the other names by which the three women who weave our fate are known,but yes sure the Christian God probably has a plan too.There are many concepts of fate across the world.

Old 07-10-2017, 02:45 AM

9,696 posts, read 10,045,032 times
The plan of God is for everyone , but God can only accept people who are willing to seek Him out by His rules , and then receive His spirit .... See the plan from the very beginning of God interaction with man is for God to have a family with His creation who are somewhat intelligent to interact with Him

Old 07-10-2017, 09:48 AM

28,115 posts, read 30,036,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
The plan of God is for everyone , but God can only accept people who are willing to seek Him out by His rules , and then receive His spirit .... See the plan from the very beginning of God interaction with man is for God to have a family with His creation who are somewhat intelligent to interact with Him
Most everyone who has posted has mentioned God's plan, but everyone seems to be interpreting the word "plan" as "goal." I pretty much agree with what everybody has said, but how is this actually supposed to happen? I mean, how is everyone in the world supposed to figure out what He wants? And what about all of the terrible things that happen in the world? Sure, many of them can be attributed to mankind, but not all of them? What about the hurricanes, tsumanis, earthquakes, toronados, etc. that destroy the lives of millions, many of whom really didn't get much of a chance to "seek Him out by His rules" before they were killed by "an act of God"? How do those people fit into his plan if it's supposed to be for everyone?

Old 07-10-2017, 11:59 AM

50,089 posts, read 20,793,492 times
" how is everyone in the world supposed to figure out what He wants? And what about all of the terrible things that happen in the world? Sure, many of them can be attributed to mankind, but not all of them?"

This is not a thread for atheists, but since that is stating what is as good a couple of questions as an atheist can ask I shall be interested to see the answers, which at least won't be "You just don't want to believe in God".

My money is on "God has a Plan. It may not make sense to us, but it makes sense to Him".

Old 07-10-2017, 12:42 PM

2,074 posts, read 2,167,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Most everyone who has posted has mentioned God's plan, but everyone seems to be interpreting the word "plan" as "goal." I pretty much agree with what everybody has said, but how is this actually supposed to happen? I mean, how is everyone in the world supposed to figure out what He wants? And what about all of the terrible things that happen in the world? Sure, many of them can be attributed to mankind, but not all of them? What about the hurricanes, tsumanis, earthquakes, toronados, etc. that destroy the lives of millions, many of whom really didn't get much of a chance to "seek Him out by His rules" before they were killed by "an act of God"? How do those people fit into his plan if it's supposed to be for everyone?

This isn't our only life... there is another one awaiting.

Old 07-10-2017, 12:51 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,613,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
That would be a bonus

Old 07-10-2017, 12:57 PM

28,115 posts, read 30,036,941 times
Quote:
Would you mind elaborating?

Old 07-10-2017, 03:21 PM

2,074 posts, read 2,167,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Would you mind elaborating?
Of course.

When we pass from this earth life, we don't begin anew starting as babies, but rather we will have a continuous existence from this life. In this way, I like to say "we don't die, we just move."

The next world is the spirit world also known as the Kingdom of Heaven. It's in another dimension not far from the earth and is unseen with our physical vision. However, the earth is visible to spirits; they can see us, but we can only see them if our psychic abilities are developed.

Heaven is composed of seven spheres with many planes in each sphere and above the seventh sphere is the Celestial Heavens. The first sphere is called the earthplane; the hells are below and are closest to the earth.

The spirit world is the image of the earth. In the many planes are cities and countryside, lakes and rivers, and mountains, trees and flowers of all different varieties. There are homes, places of worship, and universities to learn God's spiritual laws.

As we are here on earth with our own individual personalities, so are we there, but without the physical body. Our appearance is the same, except there is no outward evidence of race or skin color. Our beliefs, faith, thoughts about all things and our memories are all intact.

There's more...

Old 07-10-2017, 03:53 PM

4,466 posts, read 1,612,655 times
Quote:
Of course.

When we pass from this earth life, we don't begin anew starting as babies, but rather we will have a continuous existence from this life. In this way, I like to say "we don't die, we just move."

The next world is the spirit world also known as the Kingdom of Heaven. It's in another dimension not far from the earth and is unseen with our physical vision. However, the earth is visible to spirits; they can see us, but we can only see them if our psychic abilities are developed.

Heaven is composed of seven spheres with many planes in each sphere and above the seventh sphere is the Celestial Heavens. The first sphere is called the earthplane; the hells are below and are closest to the earth.

The spirit world is the image of the earth. In the many planes are cities and countryside, lakes and rivers, and mountains, trees and flowers of all different varieties. There are homes, places of worship, and universities to learn God's spiritual laws.

As we are here on earth with our own individual personalities, so are we there, but without the physical body. Our appearance is the same, except there is no outward evidence of race or skin color. Our beliefs, faith, thoughts about all things and our memories are all intact.

There's more...
Any substantiation to these outrageous claims, Angel?

No? I didn't think so...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality