Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2017, 04:26 PM

28,098 posts, read 29,970,289 times

Advertisements

If you believe in God (because if you don't, my question is pointless), do you believe He has what you would describe as a "Plan," whether for mankind as a whole or for individual human beings? If the answer is "no," why not? If the answer is "yes," what do you see this plan as encompassing? What was His reason for the plan in the first place, and how does He intend to see it through to its desired conclusion?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2017, 04:28 PM

1,788 posts, read 1,172,553 times
Such a excellent thought.

Old 07-09-2017, 04:38 PM

22,183 posts, read 19,227,493 times
As an individual God's plan for me is to grow into my finer character traits and let go of base behaviors. I am to grow into a mature person who takes responsibility for consciously choosing my thought speech action and feelings. Instead of blaming others for them. It's about choosing to do the right thing in any given moment or situation. God's plan for me is that I choose good through my use of free will. And that I recognize God is back of everything. The result is peace in my daily life.

God's will for humanity as a whole. Same thing. Recognize God is back of everything, choose good through use of free will. The result is world peace

Great thread topic Katz. Thank you.

Oh what was God's reason for this? That we grow and advance and learn to behave in ways of peace instead of strife. We were created in God's image and just as God creates, we are to learn how to create in ways of harmony not destruction.

How does God intend to see it through? For now God is concealed. When God is revealed then everyone will see oh God was back of everything all along. If people want to continue acting out strife and conflict they will have a planet or corner of the universe to keep doing that. Sort of like a rough part of town with lots of violence greed crime run amok.

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 07-09-2017 at 04:48 PM..

Old 07-09-2017, 04:48 PM

8,226 posts, read 3,423,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
If you believe in God (because if you don't, my question is pointless), do you believe He has what you would describe as a "Plan," whether for mankind as a whole or for individual human beings? If the answer is "no," why not? If the answer is "yes," what do you see this plan as encompassing? What was His reason for the plan in the first place, and how does He intend to see it through to its desired conclusion?
For someone who is infinitely above our level, and who is beyond what we call "time," your question would be meaningless.

A plan implies past to present to future thinking. That is how we think, not how God thinks.

Old 07-09-2017, 04:50 PM

22,183 posts, read 19,227,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
For someone who is infinitely above our level, and who is beyond what we call "time," your question would be meaningless.

A plan implies past to present to future thinking. That is how we think, not how God thinks.
A plan implies purpose and meaning to our life. God is very much about that.

Old 07-09-2017, 04:55 PM

1,788 posts, read 1,172,553 times
It would take a Book to describe it ().

In my opinion, the Chapters could be labeled as follows.

Chapter 1. Desire
Chapter 2. Hurt
Chapter 3. Retaliation
Chapter 4. Fallen
Chapter 5. The Gathering
Chapter 6. Containment
Chapter 7. Redemption's Plan
Chapter 8. Creation's Crista
Chapter 9. The 4 Horsemen
Chapter 10.Judgement
Chapter 11.Forever

Last edited by HushWhisper; 07-09-2017 at 05:49 PM..

Old 07-09-2017, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post

So it is evident that you believe in God, or at least a Higher Power. Your answer implies that He had no purpose in creating us and has no desires for us. That makes no sense to me. I guess you'd say that this is because He is infinitely above my level. Still, I'm not convinced that you know how God thinks any more than anybody else does. I feel quite certain that He does have a plan for us. To have put us here for no rhyme or reason doesn't sound like something an all-knowing being would do. God isn't chaos, after all.

Old 07-09-2017, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
As an individual God's plan for me is to grow into my finer character traits and let go of base behaviors. I am to grow into a mature person who takes responsibility for consciously choosing my thought speech action and feelings. Instead of blaming others for them. It's about choosing to do the right thing in any given moment or situation. God's plan for me is that I choose good through my use of free will. And that I recognize God is back of everything. The result is peace in my daily life.

God's will for humanity as a whole. Same thing. Recognize God is back of everything, choose good through use of free will. The result is world peace

Oh what was God's reason for this? That we grow and advance and learn to behave in ways of peace instead of strife. We were created in God's image and just as God creates, we are to learn how to create in ways of harmony not destruction.

How does God intend to see it through? For now God is concealed. When God is revealed then everyone will see oh God was back of everything all along. If people want to continue acting out strife and conflict they will have a planet or corner of the universe to keep doing that. Sort of like a rough part of town with lots of violence greed crime run amok.
I love that, Tzaphkiel, and I agree with it fully, even though the details may be different.

Old 07-09-2017, 06:29 PM

63,816 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
I am in complete agreement with this, Tzaph. It makes me wonder what any of our disagreements are about.

Old 07-09-2017, 06:32 PM

2,071 posts, read 2,163,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I believe in God and that He has a plan for us (maybe more than one). He is our Creator and we are His family. As such, He loves us unconditionally and wants us to recognize His existence and love Him in return.

I believe that He wants us to know who He is and wants to become close to each of us... to have a personal relationship, and that we can communicate with God by soul-to-soul communication.

I believe that I have heard the voice of God when He said, "Everyone will know that I am their God, and I am their Father," and that God's plan for me is to share what I know about His loveliness, sweetness and gentleness. That He is such an awesome Father, as I write this it moves me to tears. These attributes of God we discover when we bring Him close to our heart.

I believe God's plan is that He wants His children to live near Him in the Celestial Heavens, and that in order for this to happen, it requires us to become at-one with Him by obtaining His Divine Love in our soul.

As Jesus was the first to become at-one with God, he is our teacher, the Master of the Celestial Heavens, and the closest one to God. Jesus continues working to enlighten us that the truths of God can be understood by the simple. If we commit ourselves to God to follow His will, it will bring an understanding of what He wants us to do to help with His plan.

Last edited by SoCalAngel2009; 07-09-2017 at 07:39 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality