Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2017, 02:12 PM

11,020 posts, read 5,982,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
I have given you my explanation. Now I am waiting for yours.
You asked us for our plausible explanation.
Quote:
When you present another plausible explanation for the universe I will consider it and I promise to try and not laugh.
I asked you for your plausible explanation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
We are still waiting for your plausible explanation.
All you've given us is your opinion.

We want a plausible explanation for how the universe came into being. No magic please. I can give you a magic alternative explanation too if you like.

Before the beginning of time there existed the future of time and in that future time there existed the future and past and in that future and past lay the creation of the universe.

Last edited by 303Guy; 08-13-2017 at 02:32 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2017, 02:20 PM

2,770 posts, read 2,667,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
If the Quran is true, the others are wrong. If one of the others is right, the others - including the Quran - is wrong..
The Quran is Final Holy Book and abrogated all the previous holy books and ordered to be followed by all human and all jinn.

Quote:
You know, the best argument you have is 'let them write another like it'. .
I am not going comment about this challenge because I lack the talent but I challenge you to find one post
from me about it.

Quote:
If there is an explanation, I suggest that Caliph Uthman had a court in which (as I read) top class Arabic poetry was the language of elite commerce, court society, and political dialogue. The very best poets of the time were in and out in droves. How likely then that if Uthman decided the basis of the religion of his empire was to be given written form, he would give his top poets the job of doing it?
here is the history about writing the Quran

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) appointed a group of his companions who were trustworthy and knowledgeable to write down the revelation.
They are..... https://islamqa.info/en/10012

Old 08-13-2017, 03:07 PM

Quote:
God sent one book, The Bible. He divided it into to parts, the OT and the NT .

In Islam when we say Allah or Allah did we bring evidence for that by posting verses from the Quran
or by posting the prophet saying

can you give evidence from the Bible that the god send a book named Bible or OT or NT?
Quote:
Periclytos(Paraclete) does not mean Muhammad. It means helper or comforter..
according to Jesus he is Mahammad in his origin language

and I would like to ask any one reading this to just see 2 seconds from this historical clip about Jesus from 1:46 to 1:47 Have you heard the sayin Allah from the Jesus mouth
and that is how we name the creator and not God
and that is enough proof that we are the one with correct creed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RbVt8Us8aY

Quote:
It is not muhammad in any language in the Bible ..
I asked you what is the name of the creator you answered It is not Muhammad

you are not able to give a direct knowledge about the name of the creator that you believe in him

the name of the creator is Allah in all the language.

Quote:
Not in the Bible and David was not a prophet. ..
his real name is Dawood and Allah send holy book to him called Zaboor but in English it has more than one name, Psalms or song of song or Solomon's song
Quote:
If that is what you beliee, find with me, but it is not Biblical.
is Jesus the god or his son or both?

Old 08-13-2017, 03:35 PM

465 posts, read 235,823 times
Quote:
God sent one book, The Bible. He divided it into to parts, the OT and the NT
Quote:
The Hebraic Version is not part of the canon.
Is the term "canon" found in your Bible, and if so, what version of the Bible would it be found written?

The Book of Jashe(a)r is referred to in Joshua chapter 10:13 and II Samuel 1:18; is it in your version?

Old 08-13-2017, 05:03 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,551,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
There it is. Show us exactly what you have that convinces you Jesus was a real person. It cannot be from the Bible because those writings are not considered historical evidence by non-biased Biblical scholars.

Go on. Show us something extra-Biblical that proves Jesus existed--ANYTHING, artifacts, a grave, a monument, an ossuary containing his bones, a relief, just anything-- and then let us examine it and if it is convincing I know that I will change my belief and say that he truly was the Son of God.

Go ahead!
I do not believe the Bible is the word of God, that Jesus is the Son of God, or for that matter a Christian or belong to any religion.

However, I do keep an open mind to the good that religion does provide to people.

I looked at your post and I did not sense sincerity in the search for knowledge. You came across with me that you already have your mind made up and you do not truly want to find out if Jesus really existed. I love history and based on the Bible and one or two outside sources, it looks like he did exist. That does not mean he was the son of God though.

I have read a couple of sources and a video series that provide logic, sources, and the Bible references that give enough logic to say that he may have existed.

I don't believe in you are sincere in learning about it. Sorry, but that is how you came across with me. If I had sense otherwise, I would provide what I have read about his existence.

Old 08-13-2017, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elamigo View Post
I do not believe the Bible is the word of God, that Jesus is the Son of God, or for that matter a Christian or belong to any religion.

However, I do keep an open mind to the good that religion does provide to people.

I looked at your post and I did not sense sincerity in the search for knowledge. You came across with me that you already have your mind made up and you do not truly want to find out if Jesus really existed. I love history and based on the Bible and one or two outside sources, it looks like he did exist. That does not mean he was the son of God though.

I have read a couple of sources and a video series that provide logic, sources, and the Bible references that give enough logic to say that he may have existed.

I don't believe in you are sincere in learning about it. Sorry, but that is how you came across with me. If I had sense otherwise, I would provide what I have read about his existence.
There are others here who would like to know. I share your views that he may have existed. He may even have been crucified and he may have even planned it that way. He may even have actually survived the crucifixion. But first he has to have existed.

Old 08-13-2017, 05:37 PM

50,087 posts, read 20,712,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth_teller View Post
The Quran is Final Holy Book and abrogated all the previous holy books and ordered to be followed by all human and all jinn.

I am not going comment about this challenge because I lack the talent but I challenge you to find one post
from me about it.

here is the history about writing the Quran

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) appointed a group of his companions who were trustworthy and knowledgeable to write down the revelation.
They are..... https://islamqa.info/en/10012
You didn't. My fault. I should have said 'The best argument I have found for the Quran is 'write another like it'.

I of course see the claim that Allah dictated the Quran being true because Hank (1) says so is a circular fallacy, and I have expressed my doubts about the recollections of followers and scratching on skins or slates as accounting for the work we now have.

(1) see the atheist parable 'kissing Hank's ass' which is always worth a re -post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaFZQBb2srM

The Other classic Parable is Dark Matter's 'If God was a used car.."

Hon Mentions 'Double standards' and "The Black Knight"

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 08-13-2017 at 05:47 PM..

Old 08-13-2017, 09:12 PM

another history about Jesus from a different culture
some said to jesus how are able to walk on water
jesus said by faith and certainty
they said we have faith and certainty
jesus said then walk on water
they tried and could not
then he showed them gold and stone
He said: which one is the Sweetest in your hearts?
They said: this gold.
He said they are the same to me.

Old 08-13-2017, 11:07 PM

truth_teller, I just want to say that I appreciate the insight that you give me. I know nothing about the Qu'ran and Islam. I have had a few muslim friends and they were good people. I have met or come across several more and they too were good people.

Old 08-13-2017, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth_teller View Post
another history about Jesus from a different culture
some said to jesus how are able to walk on water
jesus said by faith and certainty
they said we have faith and certainty
jesus said then walk on water
they tried and could not
then he showed them gold and stone
He said: which one is the Sweetest in your hearts?
They said: this gold.
He said they are the same to me.
Which culture would that be just out of interest?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality