Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2017, 02:48 PM

88,271 posts, read 84,241,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Hey, to tell the truth I loved your paraphrase of what really IS in scripture.
I did too, especially the last sentence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2017, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumbo10 View Post
It's kind of vague, but that's somewhat on purpose since religious beliefs differ so much. So I would expect most Christians to say Jesus Christ, but you could also answer about who founded the church if you're part of a certain denomination. No right or wrong answer, just how you would describe things to someone like myself who is interested in learning more.
I got it, which is why I said Henry VIII. The Episcopal Church is a descendant of the Church aof England.

To be clear, it is the church I am in right now because the specific community I found is part of that denomination.

Old 07-15-2017, 03:36 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,870,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I got it, which is why I said Henry VIII. The Episcopal Church is a descendant of the Church aof England.

To be clear, it is the church I am in right now because the specific community I found is part of that denomination.
Know what you mean. I was in a community church under the umbrella of the Episcopal Church and they were great, as was the priest, from whom I learned at least one outstanding lesson concerning what Jesus meant in the standard quote beginning, "I am the Way..."

Old 07-15-2017, 04:09 PM

63,538 posts, read 39,828,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
1. I'm a Christian. I'm denominationless.

2. Jesus Christ

3. "Love everyone as much as you love yourself, even to the point of sacrifice. How you treat the least among you, is how you treat Me. Don't be a self-righteous jerk."
Amen!

Old 07-15-2017, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Know what you mean. I was in a community church under the umbrella of the Episcopal Church and they were great, as was the priest, from whom I learned at least one outstanding lesson concerning what Jesus meant in the standard quote beginning, "I am the Way..."
Same here. The priests I've had were such scholars and deep thinkers and teachers.

I posted this the other day, but it bears repeating. Michael Curry, the Presiding Bishop of the Episcopal Church in the USA, calls it the Episcopal branch of the movement started by Jesus.

Old 07-15-2017, 05:21 PM

691 posts, read 417,361 times
my belief is that God is the founder of truth. and in everything thats called scripture -writtings that God has credit of- that ive read ( OT, NT, Koran, Book of Mormon, Gita etc) God states that religion is mans way of trying to control God, and it does not get considered by God.

Thats what ive learned so far about pursuing an honest life

Old 07-15-2017, 05:27 PM

Side note- I am a fan of John MacArthur who's stand point is that the question we will all answer to God is why did we kill his son? it is a troubling question for sure. it can be understood in one way or many but the accusation is the same. God sends a messenger and the human species goes about to kill them. how many people would try to murder God if they had the chance?

Old 07-15-2017, 06:15 PM

31,374 posts, read 20,081,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstelm View Post
Side note- I am a fan of John MacArthur who's stand point is that the question we will all answer to God is why did we kill his son? it is a troubling question for sure. it can be understood in one way or many but the accusation is the same. God sends a messenger and the human species goes about to kill them. how many people would try to murder God if they had the chance?
That's not a problem for most of the planet which doesn't believe the OT god is "The" god.

Old 07-15-2017, 06:31 PM

392 posts, read 247,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumbo10 View Post
It's kind of vague, but that's somewhat on purpose since religious beliefs differ so much.
One should expect that the phenomena presented are different since the term "religion" doesn't group by same source. Hence multiple different conditions with their own environs are present.

Old 07-15-2017, 07:55 PM

all honest pursuits to God results in the same learning ... God is in much more control than we give credit for
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality