Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2019, 04:32 AM

16,779 posts, read 4,982,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
As the religious are more likely to confuse this, I must your .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2019, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
harry ol chum, its a simple fact. list the major personality types as described by the people in the industry.

Atheism and theism will have them.
Yes we have heard this before. What it has to do with me pointing out Ozzy's projection that he later claimed to be observational humor, that I do not know.

Old 01-25-2019, 12:20 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,920,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
This failing common with theists has what relation to what I wrote?
The fact that it is a prominent failing in those who carry a fundamentalist mindset to their atheist perceptions.

Old 01-25-2019, 12:24 PM

63,812 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
The fact that it is a prominent failing in those who carry a fundamentalist mindset to their atheist perceptions.

Old 01-26-2019, 04:02 AM

Quote:
I understood what you said the first time. Explaining it again is still irrelevant to what I posted.

Old 01-26-2019, 04:31 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,580,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
Observational humor is based on what you observe, it is not based on what you projecting your failings on to us.
actually harry it does. You only hitting submit multiple times only reinforces the error to you and making more real to you. The internet is just like a brain connection.

We are not "projecting". That's another tactic by you that has absolutely no meaning past proving what we are saying. But you don't see that, you can't ... yet.

what I am saying ... List the personality types as described by the people in the field. Toss in addiction, abuse, and mental illness. Atheism and theism have those types of people in them. Those personality types effect the expression of a belief.

That is a more valid statement than "you (me) are projecting." In fact, we are so much more valid in our claim I am left to wonder why you are stating otherwise?

Old 01-26-2019, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
actually harry it does. You only hitting submit multiple times only reinforces the error to you and making more real to you. The internet is just like a brain connection.

We are not "projecting". That's another tactic by you that has absolutely no meaning past proving what we are saying. But you don't see that, you can't ... yet.

what I am saying ... List the personality types as described by the people in the field. Toss in addiction, abuse, and mental illness. Atheism and theism have those types of people in them. Those personality types effect the expression of a belief.

That is a more valid statement than "you (me) are projecting." In fact, we are so much more valid in our claim I am left to wonder why you are stating otherwise?
And now back to the real world ...

Old 01-28-2019, 03:16 AM

3,636 posts, read 3,426,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monumentus View Post
The difference is that when you make assertions I point out where and when you did it and ask you for the specific back up required. When you do it you just screech "assertions" and then run away. What have I claimed specifically that you want back up for? Ask me, and I shall provide it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
The difference I see is that you can't understand that people can have two completely different perspectives when presented with the same evidence. At least am acknowledging that you have your own perspective.
You are making my point for me here - thanks. Again I point out the difference that I showed above - and point out that in your reply the problem once again is that you are not presenting the evidence at all - but moaning that we have different perspectives about the evidence you did not offer.

Quote:
It wouldn't be enough for your biased perspective.
So now not only are you not offering evidence and now admitting you are not doing so - but you are hand waving away your lack of evidence by making up things about others. You just pretend you have evidence but that you are not offering it because of some fault on the part of others. This is a real JeffBase approach to conversation.

Quote:
So I'm not going to try to convince people who don't want to hear about it. These debates on this forum are meaningless anyway. No one listens to anyone they disagree with.
Then why post nonsense at all? Why even be here if you not only refuse to engage openly and honestly in the discussion - but you moan about the very discussion itself? Are you here just to throw any attempt at conversation off the rails? Is someone compelling you to read and post here against your will?

Quote:
Non-religious people are not a part of society because they are not involved with religion
What now? In what world is involvement with religion a criteria for being a part of our society???

Quote:
Perhaps you should consider the idea that "fundamentalist atheists" are the ones who can't seem to distinguish between "evidence" and "proof."
The problem for me has always been that people making religious claims never offer me any of _either_ but deflect from that by going off on a conversation about what they thing the difference is between the two. It is like me asking a child if they ate any vegetables today and rather than saying yes or no they just tell me the difference between vegetables and fruit.

Old 01-28-2019, 03:35 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,920,829 times
No, monumentus,the problem for you is that you don't CREDIT any evidence and require proof that does not exist, denigrating those for whom evidence they believe is enough to sustain a perception and commitment you refuse: a very "fundamentalist" attitude.

Old 01-28-2019, 04:41 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times
Quote:
No, monumentus,the problem for you is that you don't CREDIT any evidence and require proof that does not exist, denigrating those for whom evidence they believe is enough to sustain a perception and commitment you refuse: a very "fundamentalist" attitude.
Refresh my memory and give maybe even only two pieces of evidence that have been resented which have been rejected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality