Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2017, 04:04 PM

50,079 posts, read 20,474,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
A couple of points. First, name a single other event in history that is commonly and widely regarded as historically factual, which is based on a supernatural claim.

Second, where exactly has anyone been promised free will?
The responses appear to be rapidly decreasing in quality, coherence and relevance. Clearly the opposition is silenced apart from a couple of mindless reciting -robots.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2017, 04:28 PM

4,747 posts, read 2,327,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
The responses appear to be rapidly decreasing in quality, coherence and relevance. Clearly the opposition is silenced apart from a couple of mindless reciting -robots.
This is the perfect opportunity for someone to step up to the plate and make an air tight case for the actual truth of the resurrection. It's only the central claim for all of Christianity after all. Surely SOMEONE out there can make the case that it is, at the very least, plausible.

Old 08-03-2017, 04:52 PM

2,690 posts, read 2,607,739 times
Quote:
Coincidentally, or perhaps not so coincidentally, the Indian king who who made this claim was an early convert to Islam..
the Indian king became a Muslim after the splitting of the moon and because of it.
and as I have mentioned it was seen in china and recorded in the china history and seen in other places
and I will try to provide the links for that.
Quote:
But I feel I have achieved my purpose. Which was to provide the Islamic story of the splitting of the moon, a "fact" accepted as an unquestioned historical event by Muslims, as an example of just how Christians who accept without question that the followers of Jesus could not possibly have made up the story about seeing the risen Jesus fly off up into the sky, and who claim that the resurrection of Jesus is an unquestioned historical event, appear to non believers.
they believed that Jesus was resurrected because they thought that he died
and the story about seeing the risen Jesus fly off up into the sky , yes he did fly off up into the sky and that is
no doubt about at all and I am willing to bet my neck on it.

Old 08-03-2017, 04:54 PM

4,747 posts, read 2,327,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth_teller View Post
the Indian king became a Muslim after the splitting of the moon and because of it.
and as I have mentioned it was seen in china and recorded in the china history and seen in other places
and I will try to provide the links for that.
they believed that Jesus was resurrected because they thought that he died
and the story about seeing the risen Jesus fly off up into the sky , yes he did fly off up into the sky and that is
no doubt about at all and I am willing to bet my neck on it.
Unfortunately your neck is of little value since it would not prove anything. Please hang onto it.

Old 08-03-2017, 05:18 PM

10,898 posts, read 5,865,878 times
Evidence of the splitting of the moon should easily be obtainable from NASA. After all, the surface of the moon has been mapped in great detail. The fissures caused would be massive and obvious. In fact, they would be visible from earth through any good telescope. So there is no need to speculate or look for 1400 year old recordings of the event.

Old 08-04-2017, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
Evidence of the splitting of the moon should easily be obtainable from NASA. After all, the surface of the moon has been mapped in great detail. The fissures caused would be massive and obvious. In fact, they would be visible from earth through any good telescope. So there is no need to speculate or look for 1400 year old recordings of the event.
In my astronomy days, I looked at the moon through a pretty big telescope and, if the moon ever split, it was gloed back together without a visible join.

Why do we even have to deal with these nonsensical claims? It's tiresome enough having to answer bronze -age thinking from the 10th c BC without having people who think that way in the 21st century.

Old 08-04-2017, 08:02 AM

2,690 posts, read 2,607,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
The Split Moon of the Madrid Codex and Persian Manuscripts https://web.archive.org/web/20111028...dr/persia.html

Old 08-04-2017, 08:07 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,467,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
thats what happens when a belief statement is a base axiom instead of knowledge claim for any line of logic.

Old 08-04-2017, 08:24 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,467,787 times
Quote:
This is the perfect opportunity for someone to step up to the plate and make an air tight case for the actual truth of the resurrection. It's only the central claim for all of Christianity after all. Surely SOMEONE out there can make the case that it is, at the very least, plausible.
this gets to the heart of the problem. a dude rising? literally? there is no defense.

In fact, its rude for them to make us ask that question today. back then, ok, I see it. Not now. They can do it through notions of memes, particle physics, biology, and periodic table. And let people decide if they want to choose such a mechanism. But literally rising?

But to force people to make a choice that counters how the universe works "or your not saved"! I ignore these types. They are the reason I pay the police.

I also blame the people making these choices. They are just as responsible. I didn't bite in 3rd grade. What does it tell us when people to bite over the age of 16?

I guess it has to be that way. If there was no "lost soul" nobody would be saved. We would live in Oswald's world. It's a kid cartoon and actually I could see god not going that rout.

Old 08-04-2017, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth_teller View Post
The Split Moon of the Madrid Codex and Persian Manuscripts https://web.archive.org/web/20111028...dr/persia.html

Good grief The Islamic manuscriot is of course just a painting of the story. The point I gather is the similarity of the Split Moon to an aztec (or perhaps mayan) symbol that may resemble the split moon in the persian painting, and a long convoluted argument to show that was what the symbol meant.

You have to remember that the Maya and Aztecs were living LATER than when the Quran was first written. You may as well search 1tth century chivalric heraldry for resemblances to the split moon.

You are going to have to do much, much better than that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality