Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2017, 04:14 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,375,370 times

Advertisements

Jumbo...look at the '...' marks closer.....when it begins with, in other words...all that is me, not Mr. Tolle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2017, 05:52 PM

678 posts, read 429,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Jumbo...look at the '...' marks closer.....when it begins with, in other words...all that is me, not Mr. Tolle.
Oh ok, got it. I totally misread it the first time around

Old 07-24-2017, 11:31 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,042,639 times
You know what I find interesting? That everyone is fully accepting and unquestioning of ANY point of view on it, but G-d's. Yet the same people accuse Christians of not being "open" to receive anything outside their norm. I wonder why that is. Peace

Old 07-24-2017, 11:40 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,388,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Hi Jumbo,
Btw, I'm quite slender and don't overeat ...it was more of an example I thought would be relatable...
however, that Triple Choco Cake at SAM'S club for $7, I always take to parties...calls to me!!!
So I know that devilish voice in me!!!
Feelings and emotions as related to the ego or heart/soul is an interesting topic,indeed.
Btw, I like the Tolle quote.

Now,did this quote below come from Tolle, also, or Adyashanti or Ramana Maharshi, New Thoughters, or all of those guys?!
'Anything that is not kind, loving, forgiving or compassionate is not from the Holy Spirit's thought system.'....in other words comes from 'the other guy'...the Ego thought system...I relate to as the Christian devil.
(read Holy Spirit as: God, Higher Self, Jesus, Vishnu, whatever you want..) Or it could have just me that made that up, with their influences...

So for many years, 25 of them living with a therapist, I believed my feelings were 'me'...not to be suppressed, very imp...yada, yada.
Well, guess how many times (yrs ago, haha) i wanted to Molotov Cocktail a business that cheated me.
It did not take long for me to analyze that these feelings of anger were not to be entertained and came from
an egoic mind...not from my soul/heart/spirit.

I do follow the phrase religiously...''If it is not kind and loving...it is from the ego...not God or
Truth or my Higher Self...and get rid of it!!!!''
No matter how my egoic mind wants me to feel justified and all self-righteous about, 'how dare they'!
Nope, anything that makes me feel anything but joy and forgiveness, etc....is from the ego.

Sorry for the ramble...it is my main focus for decades...being happy and not listening to the
unpleasant feelings others may stew in...as anything other than indicators and then move on

Appreciate your perspective, MissH.

Old 07-24-2017, 01:17 PM

678 posts, read 429,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
You know what I find interesting? That everyone is fully accepting and unquestioning of ANY point of view on it, but G-d's. Yet the same people accuse Christians of not being "open" to receive anything outside their norm. I wonder why that is. Peace
Not sure I follow or agree. I think my point of view is mine, not God's. I do think my feelings about it can bring me closer to God or at least serenity on earth. I would never accuse Christians of not being open, but a select few may be bigots. It's probably the same with any religion, not just Christianity, where it's their beliefs and interpretation of scripture and everyone else is wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality