Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2017, 08:52 PM

2,854 posts, read 2,051,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgaviria View Post
This study explains what the "firmament" was and where the waters came from that caused the great flood of Noah, and also what the "foundations of the earth" are and why the earth is said to be founded on the seas. The study can be found in English here The Firmament of Ice and the Water from the Great Flood | Wisdom of God or in Spanish here El Firmamento de Hielo y el Agua de la Gran Inundación | Sabiduria de Dios . Let us begin a discussion on these matters.
//www.city-data.com/forum/relig...eia-flood.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by granpa View Post
Earth originally had four moons.
A greater moon (Theia) and a lesser Moon and two much smaller moons (Ceres and ????).

Quote:
And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven

16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.
3 billion years ago Theia's decaying orbit reached the Roche limit and for the next 1 billion years Theia slowly deposited all of its mass onto a ring of mountains circling the earth's equator.

First the water ice on Theia's surface was deposited. This created Earths ocean. (The flood). Since the earth at that time had no continents the water completely flooded its surface.

Then the granodiorite was deposited. The granodiorite metamorphosed into the various rocks of the continental crust.

Then 2.4 billion years ago the dunite was deposited. This created the banded iron formations. The dunite sank to the bottom of the mantle.

During all this time Earth would have had a ring like Saturn. From the ground this ring would have looked very much like a rainbow.

Quote:
And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.

14 Make thee an ark of gopher wood;
17 And, behold, I, even I, do bring a flood of waters upon the earth

And the rain was upon the earth forty days and forty nights.

And God said, This is the token of the covenant which I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations:

13 I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2017, 10:04 PM

19,014 posts, read 27,562,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
I hate to be the one to burst your bubble, but there isn't anywhere nearly enough water in all the oceans of the world to cover the entire earth. That would require more than twice as much water as exists on all the earth, in any form.

Well, not the entire earth. But, a significant part of it - sure.
There is a very sound hypothesis that around 16th century a stellar body collided with earth in whereabouts of roughly north of Ireland. Resulting in about 1km high massive tsunamit that went into Europe and wiped it out, split by Alps and went into modern Ukraine/Russian and Mediterranean/Turkey and down that way.
Biomass sediment from that flood resulted in known methane gas bubble at the bottom of the Black sea. Millions of tons of biomass rotting there.
It doe snot really have to be one to one volume. It can be rather big a.. wave, you know.

Old 07-23-2017, 10:34 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,320,166 times
Quote:
Don't be sarcastic and a mocker, for rest assured the Lord will one day mock you for your stubbornness and hardness of heart. Did it not occur to you that water flows downwards? It doesn't just sit where it lands. If you throw a large amount of water into a tub, it will flood the tub, and will then subside as the water falls into a drain. And in this similar way the earth became flooded covering mountains with the water that came from above, which then subsided as it flowed to the lowest points of the earth to settle there. The lowest points of the mantle of the earth are the oceanic trenches, hence why the oceans are the collections of the waters that originally came from above. This isn't so hard to understand, nor believe, but because of stubbornness people like you want to refuse to believe. I will say nothing further about this to you... believe, or do not believe.
Trying to make sense of this...did the floodwaters not cover the oceans as well during the same time? If so how can those waters be in two places at the same time? Sorry but it is very difficult to picture what you mean from a physical geography perspective. And I have studied fluvial geomorphology so it's not like I do not understand how flowing water works. Please d9 not be yet another who states something that goes against our current knowledge of science or logic and then just blames us for being to stubborn to understand.

Old 07-23-2017, 10:42 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,320,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
There is a very sound hypothesis that around 16th century a stellar body collided with earth in whereabouts of roughly north of Ireland. Resulting in about 1km high massive tsunamit that went into Europe and wiped it out, split by Alps and went into modern Ukraine/Russian and Mediterranean/Turkey and down that way.
Biomass sediment from that flood resulted in known methane gas bubble at the bottom of the Black sea. Millions of tons of biomass rotting there.
It doe snot really have to be one to one volume. It can be rather big a.. wave, you know.
I take it you are meaning 1600 BCE? Do you have any references to this as I have never come across this reading about that period of time.

Old 07-23-2017, 10:49 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,850,754 times
Quote:
The water is now in the great oceans, where before they were collected there they covered the entire earth.

Old 07-23-2017, 11:21 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,850,754 times
Quote:
The water is now in the great oceans, where before they were collected there they covered the entire earth.
So you are saying that the great oceans that we see now, once covered the planet to a depth of 5 miles??

Quote:
Did it not occur to you that water flows downwards? It doesn't just sit where it lands. If you throw a large amount of water into a tub, it will flood the tub, and will then subside as the water falls into a drain. And in this similar way the earth became flooded covering mountains with the water that came from above, which then subsided as it flowed to the lowest points of the earth to settle there. The lowest points of the mantle of the earth are the oceanic trenches, hence why the oceans are the collections of the waters that originally came from above. This isn't so hard to understand, nor believe, but because of stubbornness people like you want to refuse to believe. I will say nothing further about this to you... believe, or do not believe.
Well actually it's very difficult to understand. If the water once covered the highest mountain, which would be Everest at around 5 miles high and then over time sank into the ocean trenches to give us the level we have now, Why didn't it sink into those same trenches as it was falling thus never exceeding the level we have now?

Quote:
The earth's surface is covered by roughly 70%, with its deepest trench deeper than the tallest mountain, which is mount Everest, and yet you say there is not enough water to cover the entire earth? LOL. I can't with you people.
Well there isn't! The trenches have been there for millions of years so the water would have flowed into them at the time the rain was falling - and the water would never have got any higher than it is now.

Old 07-24-2017, 02:44 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,646,703 times
For those making a literal analysis of the story...don't forget the Omnimax God that can just envoke miracles to solve any issues.
Why do the people analyzing The Flood Story from a literal standpoint always forget that part of the literal story?
If an Entity has the power to make it rain 375 inches per hour for 960 hours...that Entity can *SNAP* get rid of the water, handle what was going on in a big boat, or any other issue!
So...there ya go...problem solved! But, why was there a question?...it is right in the story.

Old 07-24-2017, 03:06 AM

11,020 posts, read 5,976,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Yes but the Noah's flood took a year to subside. Hardly a tsunami event.

Old 07-24-2017, 04:22 AM

50,087 posts, read 20,691,451 times
Quote:
The earth's surface is covered by roughly 70%, with its deepest trench deeper than the tallest mountain, which is mount Everest, and yet you say there is not enough water to cover the entire earth? LOL. I can't with you people.
Nice job of debunking your own argument. The world is NOT covered by this water NOW. So you'd need a lot more to flood the world, even above the mountains. Where has that water gone?

Or are you going to produce the Eusebian Inflatable mountain -ranges theory? We could all do with a good laugh.

And threatening us with divine retribution is we don't swallow your Creationist idiocies just makes us laugh louder.

Which reminds me...

Well I'm sure there is a very appropriate "Why do people laugh at Creationists?" you tube, but out of over 40....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
So you are saying that the great oceans that we see now, once covered the planet to a depth of 5 miles??

Well actually it's very difficult to understand. If the water once covered the highest mountain, which would be Everest at around 5 miles high and then over time sank into the ocean trenches to give us the level we have now, Why didn't it sink into those same trenches as it was falling thus never exceeding the level we have now?

Well there isn't! The trenches have been there for millions of years so the water would have flowed into them at the time the rain was falling - and the water would never have got any higher than it is now.
Well, Raffs, you nailed it ahead of me.

And planetary collisions? I'm wondering is this guy is for real. But as always there is no post that is such a ludicrous spoof that you can't find a believer who believes it seriously.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 07-24-2017 at 04:45 AM..

Old 07-24-2017, 04:54 AM

16,662 posts, read 15,654,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Nice job of debunking your own argument. The world is NOT covered by this water NOW. So you'd need a lot more to flood the world, even above the mountains. Where has that water gone?

<snip>
Correct. Oceans cover more or less the same amount of the earth that they did 6000 years ago. The deepest parts of the ocean are [more or less] the same depth as the height of the highest mountains. The height of the mountains hasn't changed much in the last 6000 years. Therefore, covering the earth with water to a depth sufficient to put Everest & K2 underwater would essentially expand the volume of the entire planet by enough water to increase the diameter of the earth by approximately 11 miles. Leaving the water in the oceans, that project would require MORE water than what is in the oceans now, in addition to the fact that the oceans would STILL be filled, so that water is essentially irrelevant to he idea of covering the earth with water ABOVE sea level.

Last edited by mensaguy; 07-24-2017 at 05:21 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality