Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2017, 09:04 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,319,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Clearly, you are not speaking for a person who believes in the God of Israel, you proved that you were never religious and under the covenant of God in your opening post, so whatever you say does not reflect on a religious person of the bible.

You prove that you were never a believer from jump street, and so you do not, and couldn't possibly speak for a believer in the bible because your very words condemn you, they mark you right between your eyes and upon your right hand as a person who doesn't follow God, and who never has, and so you don't have much to say either way, not unlike many Christians. You didn't even follow the Ten commandments, your words teach lawlessness.
That is probably the most small minded, and mean spirited response the OP will receive on this thread. That you cannot accept the possibility that a person can stop believing in your God hence the reason to attack their history and their character.

On the positive side I guess at least you are not yet advocating the death penalty for those who stop believing for not following the ten commandments and teaching lawlessness of not fearing and worshipping your God. And only those commandments that demand worship of your God, not the others like not killing or stealing, no just the important ones of worshipping and fearing him or her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2017, 09:05 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,001,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yologuy01 View Post
I feel like i used to be or still am mentally handicapped or have some kind of mental issue. How can a 12 or 14 year old realize that there is no god. I was about 24 when I became atheist. That's a lot of years of my life wasted. I went to church every sunday, didnt have sex, etc. I was a slave ruled by many do's and dont's. How can I live with myself
I'm sorry that you were apparently in a bad church that told you Christianity was more about rules than Jesus. I really am. You left religion, you didn't leave Christianity.

Old 08-01-2017, 10:19 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,363,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
You left religion, you didn't leave Christianity.
yologuy said, '...I became an atheist'. What you said then makes no sense. Sorry, but true.

Old 08-01-2017, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
That is probably the most small minded, and mean spirited
response the OP will receive on this thread.
I hope so, because it doesn't compare to the mean posts I have seen!

Old 08-01-2017, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
yologuy said, '...I became an atheist'. What you said then makes no sense. Sorry, but true.
My point was that he wasn't a Christian. He was in a religion and may or may not have heard of Jesus, but if all he was doing was obeying a set of rules and wasn't actually in a relationship with Jesus, he wasn't a Christian. Because Christianity is not just a set of rules, and that isn't what it's about. It's about Jesus.

Old 08-01-2017, 10:25 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,912,231 times
Quote:
My point was that he wasn't a Christian. He was in a religion and may or may not have heard of Jesus, but if all he was doing was obeying a set of rules and wasn't actually in a relationship with Jesus, he wasn't a Christian. Because Christianity is not just a set of rules, and that isn't what it's about. It's about Jesus.
Every indication I see in what he said screams that he was exactly the kind of Christian you represent.

Old 08-01-2017, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Oh, that was nice of you to explain...and nicely. Thank you.

Old 08-01-2017, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Every indication I see in what he said screams that he was exactly the kind of Christian you represent.
Great. That's wonderful. Bless your heart. Love the ad hominems. Does that represent the type of religion you want to be involved in?

Old 08-01-2017, 10:32 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,912,231 times
Yes, one that looks truth square in the eye without flinching.

Old 08-01-2017, 10:42 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,319,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I hope so, because it doesn't compare to the mean posts I have seen!
I agree but also it was not the tone I would of expected from him either. I suspect that to the OP the loss of religion was a major upheaval, explaining the regret for having being a believer and does not need people to accuse OP of not only thinking they wasted those years but that during those years they must of been a fraud and a faker the entire time as well. I see little empathy or the so called agape love towards the OP or towards anyone with a different faith system or a lack of one. This has really come out in Hannibus , Rabbi1 or BaptistFundie posts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality