Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2017, 06:11 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,043,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by auralmack View Post
Perhaps you bowed that knee before you searched out his word enough to really know him and the god you hear isn't really God at all. All Abraham believed was that God existed, and God accounted this alone as righteousness. How righteous was Abraham really? Surely we have a generous God.

People go join a religion and bow the knee to a god they know nothing about except they don't want to burn forever in some hell, and they either believe what the preacher dished out or found another church that pleased them better, itching ears hearing what they desired to hear. They are indoctrinated and we end up with 4200 different religions and 4200 different sets of hearing ears. And only one of them have the truth? It is not an easy job to discern God in the scriptures. It takes a lot of time...a lot of time.

How about we just humble ourselves, sinners as we are, and search for God ourselves instead of letting some one else search the matter out for us before we bow our knee to just make sure the other guy really knew what he was doing. I'd like to know the God I'm going to serve and not just take your word that you know the truth.

And the truth is that my hogwash is where I am at now in this search. Yes, I think this is how God is, and that is the truth, I think this is how God is, no lie. And it is Biblical. I can support it. And you said God hates a sinner but my ear hears differently, God loves the sinner but hates the sin because death and destruction is the result of it, but rejoices greatly if the sinner repents - turns around and change his ways.

That's what I think. We may not know all the truth, but some of us are working on it. And as for the truth, you can't give it away, it has to be found.

I don't know WHO you THINK you're talking to, but it's not me. I NEVER said G-d hates a sinner.

And no, all Abraham believed was not JUST that He existed. Better read that again.

And I didn't join a religion after I bowed the knee. Instead, I locked myself up with Him and the books for 2 years studying in the original language (I don't really count Greek, because I know by the precepts running from Genesis to Revelation it was all originally written in the writers native tongue). Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2017, 07:08 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,918,865 times
Quote:

If you try to believe everything in the book then your concept of God will be insane, not make any sense. .....
You tumbled to it.

Old 08-10-2017, 07:08 PM

611 posts, read 281,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Don't hold your breath, auralmack. It seems the characteristics of her God are a secret known only to her and a select few who are privy to the rituals, symbolism, and traditions she follows.
The Bible. I think somebody in this book is after your blood. And I think another one in this book is after your heart. And I think we are setting near Armageddon, like fire and fury and power like the world has never seen before. And somebody in this book is coming after your blood and another one is coming after your heart. One of them is God, and the other one is Men as gods. Oh my PhD I think I’m in way over my head. Oh what’s that song? You tell me what I see, and I’ll tell you what I believe? Just plain crazy, right?

Old 08-10-2017, 07:12 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,918,865 times
Quote:
The Bible. I think somebody in this book is after your blood. And I think another one in this book is after your heart. And I think we are setting near Armageddon, like fire and fury and power like the world has never seen before. And somebody in this book is coming after your blood and another one is coming after your heart. One of them is God, and the other one is Men as gods. Oh my PhD I think I’m in way over my head. Oh what’s that song? You tell me what I see, and I’ll tell you what I believe? Just plain crazy, right?
How ELSE are we gonna have fun?

Old 08-10-2017, 07:23 PM

611 posts, read 281,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
You tumbled to it.
yep. easier to do than you would think.

If you try to believe everything in the book then your concept of God will be insane, not make any sense.

.....If you try to believe every "God said" in the book is true then your concept of God will be insane, not make any sense. wherever that goes.

Old 08-10-2017, 07:52 PM

2,186 posts, read 1,171,699 times
So, where does that innate divine entity go when you have brain damage/Alzheimer's? You are your brain u til it doesn't work properly, nothing more.

Old 08-10-2017, 08:17 PM

63,806 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Hardly. He's revealed in all 66 books....ALL OF THEM, not just the cherry picked ones you like. Peace
Which of the many contradictory characteristics in those 66 books do you believe are true since so many are absolutely evil and savage?

Old 08-10-2017, 08:18 PM

Quote:
yep. easier to do than you would think.
If you try to believe everything in the book then your concept of God will be insane, not make any sense.
.....If you try to believe every "God said" in the book is true then your concept of God will be insane, not make any sense. wherever that goes.
Rbbi does NOT see it.

Old 08-10-2017, 08:24 PM

Quote:
If you don't cherry pick what you are going to believe, who is?

Even they had to cherry pick which books to add and which to not add...but you think cherry picking is over, eh? Well we will go and read those books they didn't add anyhow, because we know how men are.

If you try to believe everything in the book then your concept of God will be insane, not make any sense. You don't gain any wisdom in the book of life, or this world, if you just believe everything that is said. We are here to judge those words, to separate the good from the evil, to put things in order. That is how you gain wisdom, and if we persist, understanding will come. And we should not judge that which we do not understand.

I always cherry pick what I believe, and if I learn better, I toss that cherry and cherry pick that one too.
I am a repenter, when I learn better - I turn around and change my thinking, I have repented.

Old 08-10-2017, 08:26 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,043,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Which of the many contradictory characteristics in those 66 books do you believe are true since so many are absolutely evil and savage?

Oh, you mean, do I believe the Tanach, the books of the JEWS, do you? All of them, because none of them are contradictory. Peace
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality