Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2017, 06:11 PM

2,745 posts, read 3,957,115 times

Advertisements

I expect a birthday party. One of my boys turns 13!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2017, 06:52 PM

9,688 posts, read 10,008,103 times
Christians will still be here after that time , as Jesus needs more prophecies to happen before He comes on His second coming , like the gospel of Christ still needs to be heard in all the nations so this testimony will be proved right in Jesus judgment at the end of time .....

Old 08-06-2017, 07:14 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,206,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Christians will still be here after that time , as Jesus needs more prophecies to happen before He comes on His second coming , like the gospel of Christ still needs to be heard in all the nations so this testimony will be proved right in Jesus judgment at the end of time .....
LEFT BEHIND...

Based on a dispensationalist interpretation of prophecies in the Biblical books of Revelation, Daniel, Isaiah and Ezekiel, Left Behind tells the story of the end times (set in the contemporary era), in which true believers in Christ have been "raptured", (taken instantly to heaven) leaving the world shattered and chaotic. As people scramble for answers, an obscure Romanian politician named Nicolae Jetty Carpathia rises to become secretary-general of the United Nations, promising to restore peace and stability to all nations. What most of the world does not realize is that Carpathia is actually the Antichrist foretold in the Bible. Coming to grips with the truth and becoming born-again Christians, airline pilot Rayford Steele, his daughter Chloe, their pastor Bruce Barnes, and young journalist Cameron "Buck" Williams begin their quest as the Tribulation Force to help save the lost and prepare for the coming Tribulation, in which God will rain down judgment on the world for seven years.

Old 08-06-2017, 08:10 PM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Matthew 24

36 “But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only." -Jesus
On this one we agree.

If you've made it to a certain age, you've seen enough of these end-of-the-world dates to just roll your eyes.

Old 08-07-2017, 12:53 AM

6,855 posts, read 2,843,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
Both Bruce (the boss) Springsteen and Ray (the genius) Charles were born on 9/23. That makes 9/23 an obvious choice. Benny Hinn was born on 12/3 however. In case 9/23 doesn't work out.

If you were born in Israel, as Benny Hinn was, and if you discovered that tourists coming from the US were in such a la la land state of mind when visiting the holy land that they would pay $10 for a plaster statue of Jesus that cost you 10 cents, wouldn't you just naturally want to go to the source of the wealth so you could become mega-wealthy?

Don't even get me started on Kenneth Copeland.

Who is the richest pastor in the United States?
1 — Kenneth Copeland — Net Worth $760 Million.
Hinn and Copeland, the two most ardent followers of Make It Rain Jesus (prosperity gospel adherents). Followed by Creflo Dollar and a whole host of others.

Old 08-07-2017, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiafrog View Post
I expect a birthday party. One of my boys turns 13!
Wish him a Happy Birthday for me.

Old 08-07-2017, 01:09 AM

What do I think will happen on 9/23? I'll probably be working over at my church getting ready for the neighborhood party the next day (24th). Other than that, same as it ever was.

Old 08-07-2017, 09:22 AM

18,249 posts, read 16,904,903 times
Christians are like Jews in that they attach all this mysticism to numbers. Why is 2017 the magic number this time?

Because it is 100 years since General Allenby recaptured Jerusalem putting Palestine on the path to being renamed Israel.

That's all. It's the only reason Christians are looking at Rosh Hashana this year.

And yet again for the 1000th time they will be disappointed.

Old 08-07-2017, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
Both Bruce (the boss) Springsteen and Ray (the genius) Charles were born on 9/23. That makes 9/23 an obvious choice. Benny Hinn was born on 12/3 however. In case 9/23 doesn't work out.

If you were born in Israel, as Benny Hinn was, and if you discovered that tourists coming from the US were in such a la la land state of mind when visiting the holy land that they would pay $10 for a plaster statue of Jesus that cost you 10 cents, wouldn't you just naturally want to go to the source of the wealth so you could become mega-wealthy?

Don't even get me started on Kenneth Copeland.

Who is the richest pastor in the United States?
1 — Kenneth Copeland — Net Worth $760 Million.
Just proves Kenneth was better at investing in the stock market for his Golden Parachute than Benny. Benny wants to eat, drink and be merry right now for tomorrow he might die.

This the perfect allegory for the grasshopper-and-the-ant allegory.

Old 08-07-2017, 09:48 AM

Here> This website should send you rapture watchers into ecstasies. It's loaded with beautiful timelines, graphs, and beautiful fonts and videos on the timing of the "Countdown":

Signs of the End 2017-2024

I used to follow this guy, Daniel Matson. He wrote a book "Countdown to 2017" when he thought 2011-2017 was the tribulation. He's backpedaled and now says the tribulation is 2017-2024.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality