Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is there any excuse or reason for not hearing "The Word"?
Yes, it could easily happen and is excusable 5 20.83%
Yes, but only in very rare and exceptional circumstances 1 4.17%
No, there is simply no excuse, "The Word" is how we will be judged 5 20.83%
The Word is not how we will be judged anyway/ or we cease to exist 13 54.17%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2017, 11:06 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,920,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
The Word?

You mean this?
No.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2017, 11:39 AM

23,150 posts, read 10,449,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Don't twist my words, fundie. It's what unethical people do.

And if you're too afraid to say what you think of me in public, feel free to DM me. I promise I won't report you to the local sheriffs.

I reprove and correct fundamentalists. You don't like it and think it makes me "mean." That I don't give a flying fart what you think seems to bother you.

Maybe you should talk it out with your chief churchy person and she can help you feel better.

O you are so mean, scary like a Panda.

But Christians are the ones irrational saying that you should catch a thief and give him more, be loving and kind to those who hate and despise you.

That is what I hear from the New Testament, but it is never what I witness.

Christians in the days of Jesus ~ Run to those who would kill you, offered themselves up to be jailed and prayed to be persecuted, whipped over and over again, tortured, hung upside down, stabbed, sliced and diced, heads used as lanterns, and as they died, they said,'' God forgive them.''

Christians of today ~ You look wrong at them once with a silent face gesture and they done called all kinds of curses telling you that you are messing with God's beloved, will wish you dead, hoping the earth swallows you up.'' How dare you challenge a beloved?''

What a difference.

Old 08-22-2017, 11:55 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,020,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
O you are so mean, scary like a Panda.

But Christians are the ones irrational saying that you should catch a thief and give him more, be loving and kind to those who hate and despise you.

That is what I hear from the New Testament, but it is never what I witness.

Christians in the days of Jesus ~ Run to those who would kill you, offered themselves up to be jailed and prayed to be persecuted, whipped over and over again, tortured, hung upside down, stabbed, sliced and diced, heads used as lanterns, and as they died, they said,'' God forgive them.''

Christians of today ~ You look wrong at them once with a silent face gesture and they done called all kinds of curses telling you that you are messing with God's beloved, will wish you dead, hoping the earth swallows you up.'' How dare you challenge a beloved?''

What a difference.
Or maybe I was just giving a word of advice of how to live in society as a whole. It's just easier to get along with people if you're nice. If one prefers to be a jerk, ok....but don't be surprised if people treat them as a jerk.

Old 08-22-2017, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Or maybe I was just giving a word of advice of how to live in society as a whole. It's just easier to get along with people if you're nice. If one prefers to be a jerk, ok....but don't be surprised if people treat them as a jerk.
Meh, I wasn't pointing at you, just jacking with Trout in general. It is what I see from Christians in general.

I guess I fail when I interact with Christians because they somewhat already believe, but given the chance to witness Christ to a non believer is something that should be done with long suffering, great patience, love, meekness, gentleness, and this is just not what I see from Christians interacting with people who don't believe in Messiah. They get offended right off the bat it seems, but the idea would be long suffering to witness a change in you that you have become a very loving person who shows the love of Christ to people who do not believe in Christ.

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. 24And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
25If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. 26Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

Old 08-22-2017, 12:07 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
Likewise, if a person advertises himself as a fundie, he shouldn't whine when he's treated like one.

Old 08-22-2017, 12:24 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,020,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Likewise, if a person advertises himself as a fundie, he shouldn't whine when he's treated like one.
You can treat me badly all day long, I'm just giving you some free advice.

Old 08-22-2017, 12:30 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
You can treat me badly all day long, I'm just giving you some free advice.
And it's worth every penny.

Old 08-22-2017, 02:48 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,011,213 times
Quote:
Meh, I wasn't pointing at you, just jacking with Trout in general. It is what I see from Christians in general.

I guess I fail when I interact with Christians because they somewhat already believe, but given the chance to witness Christ to a non believer is something that should be done with long suffering, great patience, love, meekness, gentleness, and this is just not what I see from Christians interacting with people who don't believe in Messiah. They get offended right off the bat it seems, but the idea would be long suffering to witness a change in you that you have become a very loving person who shows the love of Christ to people who do not believe in Christ.

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. 24And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
25If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. 26Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.
Why not just leave 'em be?! Seriously, can one be a Christian without recruiting disciples?

Old 08-22-2017, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
Why not just leave 'em be?! Seriously, can one be a Christian without recruiting disciples?
I didn't come here to witness to Atheist and so I don't, but a witness is what a person is whether he is trying to sell his faith or not, how he interacts with people is a witness, even when you are not pushing your faith, how you act is very telling. I doubt any of the Atheists on here think that I am pushing my religion, I speak about my religion but I don't push it like many do. I try and convert Christians to the belief in a Jewish Messiah.

Old 08-22-2017, 03:02 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,011,213 times
Quote:
I didn't come here to witness to Atheist and so I don't, but a witness is what a person is whether he is trying to sell his faith or not, how he interacts with people is a witness, even when you are not pushing your faith, how you act is very telling. I doubt any of the Atheists on here think that I am pushing my religion, I speak about my religion but I don't push it like many do. I try and convert Christians to the belief in a Jewish Messiah.
Huh, well, Jews do not recruit, but to each her/his own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality