Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2017, 08:10 PM

2,744 posts, read 2,651,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
.. That happened with Dawkins pointing up that salt and fresh water do in fact mix. You twitted him as "Silly" but in fact it the claim that they don't mix that is silly. I commend you for the sturdy way you tried to make it stick with that dividing line between the pacific and glacier water in Alaska, or proposing some kind of barrier between fresh streams enter the sea underwater. But they do mix, though not immediately
he was silly because he said get some salt water get some fresh water and mix then and see what happens
and he did not say place between them a barrier and prohibiting partition
And it is He Who has let free the two seas (kinds of water):
this is palatable and sweet,
and that is salt and bitter;
and He has set a barrier and a complete partition between them. The Holy Quran 25:53

And it is He who has released [simultaneously] the two seas,
one fresh and sweet and one salty and bitter,
and He placed between them a barrier and prohibiting partition. The Holy Quran 25:53
notice that not only one thingbetween them
but two thing a barrier and a complete partition >>> Sweet and Salt-
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2017, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
The reason why we are 'non believers' as you put it is that we have discovered the truth..
my truth for my existence is Adam and Eve and they got existed directly by Allah.
can you explain the truth you have found regarding your existence in simple few words as I did for my truth?
Quote:
But feel free to produce evidence of the existence of your god. Anything. Any evidence at all. But please don't quote from a book written by a man claiming the existence of your god. We want evidence, real evidence, not make believe.
that is what I am already doing.
I don't quote from a book written by a man

Old 10-17-2017, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
I know. I add the text ref to it when I look it up an post it. It would be polite if you did that when you posted it.
Thank you , that is a positive comment and I will implement it

Old 10-18-2017, 01:16 AM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth_teller View Post
my truth for my existence is Adam and Eve and they got existed directly by Allah.
can you explain the truth you have found regarding your existence in simple few words as I did for my truth?
Yeah, my parents had intercourse and my mom conceived - that's the truth that explains my existence.

Quote:
that is what I am already doing.
By the way your assertion regarding Adam and Eve and them being created by Allah is not an explanation.

Old 10-18-2017, 03:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
Yeah, my parents had intercourse and my mom conceived - that's the truth that explains my existence. .
that does not apply to the first humans
Quote:
By the way your assertion regarding Adam and Eve and them being created by Allah is not an explanation.
Adam and Eve were the only human on earth and the only husband and wife
and when they got sons and daughters they are all brothers and sisters and it is forbidden for brother to marry his sister by the law of Allah

but at that time there was a special situation and rules only for a period of time and the situation was
when Eve become pregnant she carry a twin male and female and they are not allowed to marry each other
but the male can marry female from other pregnancy and that was law for some time until Allah forbid it .
And Allah knows best.

Old 10-18-2017, 03:27 AM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
You said this: Can you explain the truth you have found regarding your existence in simple few words as I did for my truth?

What don't you understand about your own question?
Quote:
and when they got sons and daughters they are all brothers and sisters and it is forbidden for brother to marry his sister by the law of Allah but at that time there was a special situation and rules only for a period of time and the situation was
when Eve become pregnant she carry a twin male and female and they are not allowed to marry each other
but the male can marry female from other pregnancy and that was law for some time until Allah forbid it .
And Allah knows best.
That is another one of your belief assertions and none of it has any evidence what so ever.

Old 10-18-2017, 04:36 AM

50,083 posts, read 20,624,692 times
Quote:
he was silly because he said get some salt water get some fresh water and mix then and see what happens
and he did not say place between them a barrier and prohibiting partition
And it is He Who has let free the two seas (kinds of water):
this is palatable and sweet,
and that is salt and bitter;
and He has set a barrier and a complete partition between them. The Holy Quran 25:53

And it is He who has released [simultaneously] the two seas,
one fresh and sweet and one salty and bitter,
and He placed between them a barrier and prohibiting partition. The Holy Quran 25:53
notice that not only one thingbetween them
but two thing a barrier and a complete partition >>> Sweet and Salt-
You are trying to fiddle the meaning of the passage from a barrier between fresh and salt water (which there is not) into not mixing totally and immediately, which is obviously so.

You are not now just tryinng to fiddle science to fit the Quran but fiddle the Quran to fit science.

And what is 'silly' in the apparent suggestion that salt and water mixing would somehow sweep up all the rivers (against the current) and make all the rivers of the world salt.

Your efforts to make this one work (and it is the Big One ) anre merely making Quranic apologetics look absurd.

Quote:
Nature.

[quote]that is what I am already doing.{quote]

Trying and failing.
Quote:
That's exactly what you are doing, and in fact have done more to prove that the Quran was written by human hand than any Muslim apologist I have yet seen. Think yourself lucky that Allah ceaibly doesn't exist or you'd be right up the creek whether salty or not.

Old 10-18-2017, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
You said this: Can you explain the truth you have found regarding your existence in simple few words as I did for my truth?
What don't you understand about your own question? .
I would like to know the truth you have found regarding the existence of first male and first female .
Quote:
That is another one of your belief assertions and none of it has any evidence what so ever.
The Holy Quran and Hadith are my evidance
O mankind! Be dutiful to your Lord, Who created you from a single person (Adam),
and from him (Adam) He created his wife [Hawwa (Eve)],
and from them both He created many men and women;
and fear Allah through Whom you demand (your mutual rights),
and (do not cut the relations of) the wombs (kinship) . Surely, Allah is Ever an All-Watcher over you. The Holy Quran 4:1
“Forbidden to you (for marriage) are:
your mothers, your daughters, your sisters, your fathers sisters, your mothers sisters, your brothers daughters, your sisters daughters, your foster mother who gave you suck,
your foster milk suckling sisters, your wives mothers, your step daughters under your guardianship, born of your wives to whom you have gone in - but there is no sin on you if you have not gone in them (to marry their daughters),
- the wives of your sons who (spring) from your own loins,
and two sisters in wedlock at the same time, except for what has already passed; verily, Allah is OftForgiving, Most Merciful” The Holy Quran 4:23.

Old 10-18-2017, 07:21 AM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
I would like to know the truth you have found regarding the existence of first male and first female .
That is not what you asked!

As to the first male and female from which we are descended evolution is the truth of the matter.

Quote:
The Holy Quran and Hadith are my evidance
O mankind! Be dutiful to your Lord, Who created you from a single person (Adam),
and from him (Adam) He created his wife [Hawwa (Eve)],
and from them both He created many men and women;
and fear Allah through Whom you demand (your mutual rights),
and (do not cut the relations of) the wombs (kinship) . Surely, Allah is Ever an All-Watcher over you. The Holy Quran 4:1
“Forbidden to you (for marriage) are:
your mothers, your daughters, your sisters, your fathers sisters, your mothers sisters, your brothers daughters, your sisters daughters, your foster mother who gave you suck,
your foster milk suckling sisters, your wives mothers, your step daughters under your guardianship, born of your wives to whom you have gone in - but there is no sin on you if you have not gone in them (to marry their daughters),
- the wives of your sons who (spring) from your own loins,
and two sisters in wedlock at the same time, except for what has already passed; verily, Allah is OftForgiving, Most Merciful” The Holy Quran 4:23.
No, that's not evidence anymore than Harry Potter is evidence of magic and Harry Potter.

Old 10-18-2017, 09:34 AM

50,083 posts, read 20,624,692 times
Quote:
and when they got sons and daughters they are all brothers and sisters and it is forbidden for brother to marry his sister by the law of Allah

but at that time there was a special situation and rules only for a period of time and the situation was
And Allah knows best.
This is, of course, why Evolution, even though it is not really the reason why disbeliever disbelieve, becomes so important in the religion debate. It provides an alternative to the first two humans (as indeed animals, plants and everything). There is no valid reason to postulate 'first two humans'. Evidence is that humans evolved out of a population of thousands of human -like primates and gods had nothing to do with it. Nor their laws of marriage -customs.

That's the explanation we have, and Adam and Even will get you precisely nowhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality