Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2018, 01:41 PM

50,087 posts, read 20,691,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth_teller View Post
The Messenger of Allah Jesus (peace be upon him) was born from a virgin girl without sexual contact.
Without going into much detail, I can assure you that this claim does not have much credence even in the Christian West. It would actually be an argument against the Quran as i believe the view of Islam is against the virgin birth being true.

Quote:
there is also Paradise
My worshippers! No fear shall be on you this Day, nor shall you grieve,
(You) who believed in Our Ayat (proofs, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.)
and were Muslims
(i.e. who submit totally to Allah's Will, and believe in the Oneness of Allah - Islamic Monotheism).
Enter Paradise, you and your wives, in happiness.
Trays of gold and cups will be passed round them; (there will be) therein all that inner-selves could desire, and all that eyes could delight in and you will abide therein forever. The Holy Quran 43.68:71
An unverified claim, and pretty much all religions proffer a paradise as bait. What more do you have? You seem to be running out of anything that requires much attention.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2018, 03:03 PM

11,021 posts, read 5,976,518 times
Quote:
The Messenger of Allah Jesus (peace be upon him) was born from a virgin girl without sexual contact.
How exactly do you know that?

Old 03-14-2018, 10:14 PM

2,765 posts, read 2,664,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
Without going into details , but that's basic observation and common sense.

Unless of course you are a virgin.
“Things always become obvious after the fact”
Nassim Nicholas Taleb

Old 03-14-2018, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Without going into much detail, I can assure you that this claim does not have much credence even in the Christian West..
the Christian West are wrong in many things regarding Jesus.
Quote:
It would actually be an argument against the Quran as i believe the view of Islam is against the virgin birth being true..
it is very obvious that you took this believe from non Islamic source.
And she who guarded her chastity [Virgin Maryam (Mary)]:
We breathed into (the sleeves of) her (shirt or garment) [through Our Ruh - Jibril (Gabriel)],
and We made her and her son ['Îsa (Jesus)] a sign for Al-'Alamin (the mankind and jinn).
The Holy Quran 21.91

Old 03-14-2018, 11:06 PM

6,324 posts, read 4,320,590 times
Quote:
And if any of this stuff were at all remotely true, something this important would be so absolutely crystal clear that you wouldn't even have Judaism, Christians, and Muslims all worshiping the same god in drastically different ways -- each telling the other that they're wrong.

Not to mention the tens of thousands of denominations within Christianity -- and the various factions within Islam who hate each other so much over religious ambiguity that they've been murdering each other for centuries.

Unless Allah is the God of Chaos, it's all a big fiction.

All of it.

Old 03-14-2018, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
How exactly do you know that?

it is mentioned in the final holy book, the Quran
and this thread is showing the proofs to those who do not believe that the Quran is from the creator .

and not only that the Quran is from Allah but also the proofs that all the verses in the Quran remain the same as it
was told by the creator until now without any alteration or deletion or addition.

Old 03-15-2018, 12:04 AM

Quote:
it is very obvious that you took this believe from non Islamic source.
And she who guarded her chastity [Virgin Maryam (Mary)]:
We breathed into (the sleeves of) her (shirt or garment) [through Our Ruh - Jibril (Gabriel)],
and We made her and her son ['Îsa (Jesus)] a sign for Al-'Alamin (the mankind and jinn).
The Holy Quran 21.91

Read that last bit again and see whether it didn't look like Jesus were "Her son" in a normal way and Allah "breathed" into her sleeves (strange custom; don't think I could ever get used to it) and thereby inspired him for his purposes. Not a divine creation- no more than any other. What you think?
I agree that many ideas regarding (Bible) Jesus are wrong in the Christian west. That doesn't make the claims of the Quran right by default.

Quote:
there is also Paradise
My worshippers! No fear shall be on you this Day, nor shall you grieve,
(You) who believed in Our Ayat (proofs, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.)
and were Muslims
(i.e. who submit totally to Allah's Will, and believe in the Oneness of Allah - Islamic Monotheism).
Enter Paradise, you and your wives, in happiness.
Trays of gold and cups will be passed round them; (there will be) therein all that inner-selves could desire, and all that eyes could delight in and you will abide therein forever. The Holy Quran 43.68:71
Still only seeing faith -claims, not unquestionable Evidences. I say again, you seem to be running short of material. Though you put up a good effort.

Old 03-15-2018, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post
And if any of this stuff were at all remotely true, something this important would be so absolutely crystal clear that you wouldn't even have Judaism, Christians, and Muslims all worshiping the same god in drastically different ways -- each telling the other that they're wrong.

Not to mention the tens of thousands of denominations within Christianity -- and the various factions within Islam who hate each other so much over religious ambiguity that they've been murdering each other for centuries.

Unless Allah is the God of Chaos, it's all a big fiction.

All of it.
one of the reasons of that is that they are deceived by their enemy Iblis and they are continuing to obey him.
Iblis is a clear enemy for humans in general and he has the ability to whisper in humans chest to make them chose the wrong decision or wrong action and he was living before the creation of Adam and Eve
and he impacted on them to disobey Allah and as result of that they got out of Paradise .

he is an enemy to you and to me and to every human.

Old 03-15-2018, 07:17 PM

Mere finger -wagging and preaching.

Old 03-15-2018, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Read that last bit again and see whether it didn't look like Jesus were "Her son" in a normal way and Allah "breathed" into her sleeves (strange custom; don't think I could ever get used to it) and thereby inspired him for his purposes. Not a divine creation- no more than any other. What you think?
I agree that many ideas regarding (Bible) Jesus are wrong in the Christian west. That doesn't make the claims of the Quran right by default..
the words between ( ) and [ ] are not translations from the Holy Quran but they are put by the translator

the translation should be like
And she who guarded her chastity
We breathed into her
and We made her and her son a sign for Al-'Alamin . The Holy Quran 21.91
and breathed is not the literal interpretation for the original Arabic word but it should puff or blow up.

in concise Maryam (Mary) was alone away from her people then the angel Gibril came to her in a form of a man
and (she got scared that he will rape her or harm her I think)
and she remind him about Allah if he fears Allah and he told her that
he is a messenger from her Lord to give her a pure boy then it was blown into her ( the Quran does not mention where)
and here are more verses regarding this
And mention Marium in the Book when she drew aside from her family to an eastern place;
So she took a veil (to screen herself) from them; then We sent to her Our spirit, and there appeared to her a well-made man.
She said: Surely I fly for refuge from you to the Beneficent Allah, if you are one guarding (against evil).
He said: I am only a messenger of your Lord: That I will give you a pure boy.
She said: When shall I have a boy and no mortal has yet touched me, nor have I been unchaste?
He said: Even so; your Lord says: It is easy to Me: and that We may make him a sign to men and a mercy from Us, and it is a matter which has been decreed.
So she conceived him; then withdrew herself with him to a remote place.
And the throes (of childbirth) compelled her to betake herself to the trunk of a palm tree. She said: Oh, would that I had died before this, and had been a thing quite forgotten!
Then (the child) called out to her from beneath her: Grieve not, surely your Lord has made a stream to flow beneath you;
And shake towards you the trunk of the palmtree, it will drop on you fresh ripe dates:
So eat and drink and refresh the eye. Then if you see any mortal, say: Surely I have vowed a fast to the Beneficent Allah, so I shall not speak to any man today.
And she came to her people with him, carrying him (with her). They said: O Marium! surely you have done a strange thing.
O sister of Haroun! your father was not a bad man, nor, was your mother an unchaste woman.
But she pointed to him. They said: How should we speak to one who was a child in the cradle?
He said: Surely I am a servant of Allah; He has given me the Book and made me a prophet;
And He has made me blessed wherever I may be, and He has enjoined on me prayer and poor-rate so long as I live;
And dutiful to my mother, and He has not made me insolent, unblessed;
And peace on me on the day I was born, and on the day I die, and on the day I am raised to life.
Such is Isa, son of Marium; (this is) the saying of truth about which they dispute.
It beseems not Allah that He should take to Himself a son, glory to be Him; when He has decreed a matter He only says to it "Be," and it is. The Holy Quran 19.16:35

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality