Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2017, 08:47 PM

10,036 posts, read 4,965,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
It's whatever threatens the Old Age.
Interesting ^ above ^ because what threatened the OLD age of Noah's day was the Flood - 2nd Peter 3:5
In our NOW age ( time from Noah's day to our day ) what threatens the wicked is their destruction - 2nd Peter 3:7
What follows then is the NEW age, so to speak, which is Jesus' coming 1,000-year governmental rule over Earth.
In that coming NEW righteous Earth only righteousness will dwell on Earth - 2nd Peter 3:13.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2017, 09:03 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Interesting ^ above ^ because what threatened the OLD age of Noah's day was the Flood - 2nd Peter 3:5
In our NOW age ( time from Noah's day to our day ) what threatens the wicked is their destruction - 2nd Peter 3:7
What follows then is the NEW age, so to speak, which is Jesus' coming 1,000-year governmental rule over Earth.
In that coming NEW righteous Earth only righteousness will dwell on Earth - 2nd Peter 3:13.

Old 08-21-2017, 10:28 AM

8,175 posts, read 6,925,948 times
Well, personally, I have several categories of "new age" but here are a few:

New age... like "Donate now and the Lord will bestow blessings upon you in abundance!!"
That kind of new age?

Or the manipulative flim-flam men who sell spirituality via "$500 'angel training' retreats"?

Or the ideas/beliefs/ponderings/tools that get tossed into the big box labeled "new age" by the brothers and sisters who (for right now, at least) just don't fully understand those particular thoughts/ideas/beliefs/ponderings/tools ? (Tossing stuff into that box, is an easy way out.)

Old 08-21-2017, 10:34 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Well, personally, I have several categories of "new age" but here are a few:

New age... like "Donate now and the Lord will bestow blessings upon you in abundance!!"
That kind of new age?

Or the manipulative flim-flam men who sell spirituality via "$500 'angel training' retreats"?

Or the ideas/beliefs/ponderings/tools that get tossed into the big box labeled "new age" by the brothers and sisters who (for right now, at least) just don't fully understand those particular thoughts/ideas/beliefs/ponderings/tools ? (Tossing stuff into that box, is an easy way out.)
I'm curious... Are there people who actually think of themselves as New Agers? If so, how would they define their beliefs? Or is "New Age" a label that others have slapped on to various groups of people and beliefs that they don't like?

Old 08-21-2017, 11:31 AM

8,175 posts, read 6,925,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I'm curious... Are there people who actually think of themselves as New Agers? If so, how would they define their beliefs? Or is "New Age" a label that others have slapped on to various groups of people and beliefs that they don't like?
It's both.

It's kind of, sort of, barely, almost like...

"I'm religious" and "Ugh! He's so religious!"

Old 08-21-2017, 12:44 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times
I'm browsing around, trying to find some "New Age" sites. I'm not finding much. From what I can tell, about the only beliefs they have in common seem to be...

*All people have the ability to make their own spiritual decisions.
*What any person does with that ability is unique to them, but in the ability, itself, there is unity.
*Each person has a responsibility for their own life, and their own decisions.

Scary stuff.

Old 08-21-2017, 12:55 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,493,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
1) What is it...or what do you think it is.
2)Seems to be often mocked and a threat..why?
3)Also, it seems people looking 'at' something through a window label it New Age, not
the person speaking or writing...why?
And then dismiss what is said.
4)Seems what is said, that is called New Age talk, is ancient talk...
5)and often not something Jesus would
have any argument about....but would put the person at the head of the class! ha!
1A: It's against the truth of scripture, therefore all lies from the one who speaks his native language.

2A: a "threat" only in that it's one of many a "wrong path" as Jesus stated which many will find to their damnation.

3A: Jesus said to beware of false teachers for a reason ... and it's not because Jesus' view is subjective.

4A: True, it's nothing but ancient talk that opposes the truth

5A: That is simply outright false on several levels

Old 08-21-2017, 01:14 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
I'm browsing around, trying to find some "New Age" sites. I'm not finding much. From what I can tell, about the only beliefs they have in common seem to be...

*All people have the ability to make their own spiritual decisions.
*What any person does with that ability is unique to them, but in the ability, itself, there is unity.
*Each person has a responsibility for their own life, and their own decisions.

Scary stuff.
There's a lot of New Age-type shops around where I've lived. They tend to stock Tarot cards, incense, candles, Tibetan singing bowls, bling, crystals, amulets and books about Wicca, Buddhism, Yoga, Meditation and other esoteric beliefs.

They always smell good. I burn quite a bit of incense, especially in winter and will browse the shops every couple-few months.

Old 08-21-2017, 01:43 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,920,829 times
Quote:
I would say that there are people who recognize that their particular faith or faith tradition is among those grouped under the banner of "New Age," and who do not deny the possibility of value in other "paths."

Old 08-21-2017, 01:48 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,807,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
What is it...or what do you think it is.
Seems to be often mocked and a threat..why?
Also, it seems people looking 'at' something through a window label it New Age, not
the person speaking or writing...why?
And then dismiss what is said.
Seems what is said, that is called New Age talk, is ancient talk...and often not something Jesus would
have any argument about....but would put the person at the head of the class! ha!
Put simply it is the illness that gave a woman an issue of blood for twelve yrs.

And is wrought with pathogens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality