Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2017, 10:43 AM

465 posts, read 235,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
People are letting the devil influence them. No wonder about it. There are only two sides; good and evil.
Sure there is good and evil, the only two sides there are, and Horus the Hawk would say to the church that is has been way too civil.

The kindness some have said they feel in their hearts to those who have rebuked, dissuaded, constantly harassed, Hollywood has evil.

Old 08-26-2017, 10:46 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,039,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumbo10 View Post
Wow, this thread has turned quite nasty to the point where it's getting evil. I'm pretty speechless, but seems (as I heard someone else previously mention on here) that people's God is a reflection of them.

Do you have facts to back this up or are you saying this out of ignorance to spread prejudice?

Have they done any studies on it? I have no idea. Have I noticed it from decades of ministry and the testimonies of personal friends? Yes, and I'm far from the only one who has. Peace

Old 08-26-2017, 12:03 PM

1,807 posts, read 1,890,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Maybe if you'd be nice long enough you would.
Let me be frank, Baptist. I've tried to be nice. All I've usually received from Jeff, and Vizo, and Rabb1, and sometimes even yourself is blind assumption about how I 'want to destroy [your] faith', as well as some rather unkind remarks regarding my character.

Well, now I've stopped trying to be 'nice'. I've stopped trying to wrap up what I feel in a pretty package and present it to you just the way you want it. I'll censor myself, because I'm that kind of person and I don't want to make the mods' job any harder, but I'm not going to sit back and let sly sideways insults and insinuations slide.

For the most part, we are nice, Baptist. We're just not masochists that enjoy being offended.

Old 08-26-2017, 06:22 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,062,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
I don't know that it is from their literature, that seems doubtful, but there is widespread practice of persecution of those different from mainstream religion. I'd say it comes from the silversmiths of Ephesus.
Why? Are you talking about the Story in the Book of Acts? The Silversmith's guild were all syncretic polytheists in favor with the Temple of Diana (Goddess of Wisdom) at Ephesus and were mad that the high income from their religious works was diminishing since her temple was constantly under attack by Christian terrorists and bad-mouthed by intolerant Christian proselytizers (similar to the ones that flayed Hypatia of Alexandria after the gang wars between Christians and Jews there were blamed on her "evil" professorship and political influence). The syncretic polytheists of the Roman Empire called the Christian "atheists" for a reason, because the Christians sects were unwilling to accept/tolerate the worship of non-Jewish gods.

Old 08-26-2017, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Tolerance is highly overrated. Instead we are told to take every thought captive to the mind of Christ, which means SLAY IT if it doesn't line up (we take no prisoners). Every man has a kingdom between his ears that must be overcome and all of them put to the sword, and a watchman set upon the walls of the true kingdom that if any raise up they not be missed. No mercy is to be shown to these enemies and none will be given. The enemies of your kingdom have clearly run over the walls. Better take up the sword of the Spirit and do battle while it is yet day, for the night cometh when no man can work. Peace
What a dark metaphor. Sorry is the one who clouds their minds in such Tolerance of Evil Violence. I am not going to kill any free and peaceful citizens or peoples. All the peaceful can speak their minds, down with all the fascism and gore. A King is born onto this land, who has shed away his Kingdom for True Freedom. A true Precedent will manifest in storminess minds. The Kingdom had be an overrated mess anyway, full of inequity.

Old 08-26-2017, 06:35 PM

15,840 posts, read 6,308,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
Why? Are you talking about the Story in the Book of Acts? The Silversmith's guild were all syncretic polytheists in favor with the Temple of Diana (Goddess of Wisdom) at Ephesus and were mad that the high income from their religious works was diminishing since her temple was constantly under attack by Christian terrorists and bad-mouthed by intolerant Christian proselytizers (similar to the ones that flayed Hypatia of Alexandria after the gang wars between Christians and Jews there were blamed on her "evil" professorship and political influence). The syncretic polytheists of the Roman Empire called the Christian "atheists" for a reason, because the Christians sects were unwilling to accept/tolerate the worship of non-Jewish gods.
The early Christians were not "true" atheists. They were poly atheists and believed many Gods didn't exist instead of the one true non existent God. *

*Stold from Ken M

Old 08-26-2017, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
And I'd say you'd know more about Diana worship than we would, seeing how you uphold their detestable temple practices and what not. Peace

Another example of intolerant ignorance. The Temple of Diana's acquisition if silver (probably plated) statues is as detestable of a temple practice as Bibliolatry. Peter-the-Reader flayed Hypatia of Alexandria. Yet in Ephesus none of the Priests or Monks/Nuns of Diana even gave lip service to "the detestable practices" of the atheistic Christian and how all traces of their evil freedoms should be destroyed. Yet that is exactly what the Lord of Hidden Face in Dark Clouds did, supposedly.

Last edited by LuminousTruth; 08-26-2017 at 06:53 PM..

Old 08-26-2017, 07:37 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,912,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
Under attack by Christian terrorists? You really have a vivid imagination. I suppose the Hindu shrines in India are also "under attack" by Christian terrorists who in the current climate are just people who are trying to keep their heads down.

The account in Acts: Demetrius, a silversmith said to his fellow craftsmenr, "Paul has persuaded a great number of people to turn away. He says that man-made gods are no gods at all. 27There is danger not only that our business will fall into disrepute, but also that the temple of the great goddess Artemis will be discredited and her majesty deposed—she who is worshiped by all the province of Asia and the whole world.”
So with their livlihood supposedly threatened they rioted. Poor victims of persecution.

Really?

Old 08-26-2017, 07:41 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,500,581 times
Started out as an interesting discussion, then the reports came...60 posts of topic, rude, attacking, etc. and the responses have been deleted.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 08-26-2017 at 09:21 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality