Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2019, 01:49 AM

10,901 posts, read 5,874,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by auralmack View Post
Any God but Bible God is fine, would be predetermined prejudice.

Basing opinions on faith? Faith is "Confidence or trust in a person or thing."

Every opinion is based upon faith in something, even yours. And you certainly seem to have faith in your illogical opinions.
Would you care to expand on that statement?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2019, 02:38 AM

50,079 posts, read 20,492,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
Hope you will be Ok. Take care and get well.
What? I missed that Snakebite? I'm sure we all wish Auralmack a speedy and generally not-too-painful recovery.

Old 08-22-2019, 11:52 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,551,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
What? I missed that Snakebite? I'm sure we all wish Auralmack a speedy and generally not-too-painful recovery.
We do. Sincerely.

Old 08-22-2019, 01:51 PM

611 posts, read 278,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
Would you care to expand on that statement?

It is reply to Trans:

Quote:
When we say 'There is no God'. The god of the Bible is the one we mean.
Originally Posted by auralmack

Quote: Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER
It isn't prejudice, it is the result of considering the information. Basing opinions on faith - that's prejudice.

Originally Posted by auralmack

Basing opinions on faith? Faith is "Confidence or trust in a person or thing."

Every opinion is based upon faith in something, even yours. And you certainly seem to have faith in your illogical opinions.

Something like that...

I think HD called it irony.
BTW, I think quantum fluctuations has possibilities.

Old 08-22-2019, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
So you imagined your god. Fine.

You've been told many times by many people that water did not exist, nor did light, before the Big Bang. You may want to read a book on astronomy.

Or pick one of these videos. You might learn something

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...e+from+nothing
I think you're watching to much video TV...if you can't tell me how you can compress "Nothing - something that doesn't exist" before the BB with "Nothing - something that doesn't exist" before the BB?

You claim "Nothing" existed before the BB, and "Nothing" existed to compress anything before the BB...and that is where the Universe or God and everything came from, is illogical, without reasoning. Totally Unreasonable. Why would I believe your statement no matter how many times it gets repeated? You have given me no knowledge to consider, just orders to go do something. Why would I want to go jump in that box with you?

“Imagination is more important than knowledge,” Einstein would say. It's no coincidence that around the same time, Einstein began to use thought experiments that would change the way he would think about his future experiments. ... His work on gravity was influenced by imagining riding a free-falling elevator." --goggle

So you can't imagine, fine.

Universe from Nothing:
Go sit down and try to imagine what it is you know, and rehearse it in your mind with words [It's called thinking] so you may express whatever it is that you know but cannot say. It works for me.

Universe from Nothing - No, I can't even imagine that. And no, I'm not expecting anything from "Nothing - Something that doesn't exist."

-

Old 08-22-2019, 02:34 PM

Quote:
I'm afraid you can't project your own bias and prejudices onto me. A god of some sort is less disprovable than the god described in the Bible, because the Bible is demonstrably unreliable. Don't blame me.

Your attempt to work a semantic fiddle on 'Faith' is not going to get you very far either. Even if the 'Faith' I have is just as unquestioningly trusting as is Theist -type faith (which it isn't) it is based on the findings of science, which are evidence-verified and not on the claims of a debunked old book plus denial of the verified science, as you have been trying to do, without much success, since all you seem to be doing is retreat from each overrun trench to the final last ditch Theist defence: "where did all the stuff that everything came from come from, eh?"

Answer is the same every time. 'Wherever, or however it got there, that a fully formed invisible being with no origin of its' own was there to do it makes no sense".

This is going to be the rebuttal to any 'nothing can come from nothing' apologetic. And that you may declare that it makes no sense to you makes no difference to us.
Go back to sleep.

Old 08-22-2019, 02:42 PM

Quote:
We do. Sincerely.
No big deal, after 24 hours the swelling is subsiding, copperhead bit me on my Achilles Heel, and swelling went up to the knee. I think they took copperheads off the deadly poison list...almost all deaths are multiple bites or allergy to venom. No big deal...but thanks.

Old 08-22-2019, 02:48 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,551,598 times
Quote:
I think you're watching to much video TV...if you can't tell me how you can compress "Nothing - something that doesn't exist" before the BB with "Nothing - something that doesn't exist" before the BB?

You claim "Nothing" existed before the BB, and "Nothing" existed to compress anything before the BB...and that is where the Universe or God and everything came from, is illogical, without reasoning. Totally Unreasonable. Why would I believe your statement no matter how many times it gets repeated? You have given me no knowledge to consider, just orders to go do something. Why would I want to go jump in that box with you?

“Imagination is more important than knowledge,” Einstein would say. It's no coincidence that around the same time, Einstein began to use thought experiments that would change the way he would think about his future experiments. ... His work on gravity was influenced by imagining riding a free-falling elevator." --goggle

So you can't imagine, fine.

Universe from Nothing:
Go sit down and try to imagine what it is you know, and rehearse it in your mind with words [It's called thinking] so you may express whatever it is that you know but cannot say. It works for me.

Universe from Nothing - No, I can't even imagine that. And no, I'm not expecting anything from "Nothing - Something that doesn't exist."

-
In other words, you watched none of the videos, even the short ones, and chose to stay ignorant. I'm sorry.

Old 08-22-2019, 03:02 PM

50,079 posts, read 20,492,491 times
Quote:
Go back to sleep.
So to this and the previous post (see #355)you have no response other than 'i can't comprehend this, so it can't be true' and 'Shut up and go away' in lieu of any sensible or valid response. You do realise that you are not looking very impressive, don't you?

Old 08-22-2019, 04:17 PM

Quote:
In other words, you watched none of the videos, even the short ones, and chose to stay ignorant. I'm sorry.
I just had a longish reply to you other post and my pc locked up...lost everything. This happens a lot.

UTube or videos or movies don't play well at all on my old outdated pc that has had no flash support since support was stopped eons ago.

If I don't go and try watch some video to please you just because you think, "Nothing is not what I think it is," over what the word "Nothing" means, makes you the ignoramus.

Nothing is not what I think it is? my dictionary is useless? And I ask what you mean by Nothing then? You surely can't tell me...you don't know what your "Nothing" means, other than it is something that you can not show or speak of. Sounds like you have a grammar problem where "Nothing," must mean whatever you don't know and can't say...then I've just been called ignorant by an ignoramus.

You seem to have no ability to reason, your world must be a fishbowl with you in it.

Give me your definition of "Nothing," since you claim it doesn't mean what I think. "Cow," does not mean what I think it means? Just because you call a cow a bird doesn't make it likely it can fly.

And after, all this is just one theory among many... <goggle> Big Bang never happened <goggle>
you not gonna goggle it? According to your mentality expressed here...you must be an ignoramus. Who cares?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality