Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 05:16 PM

3,162 posts, read 11,436,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DimSumRaja View Post
but souls reach a point in their evolution where we move beyond karma, where it has all been fulfilled, and at that point many very evolved souls still do choose to return in human form as a high act of love, and to further the evolution of others
yes and those are avatars, true God incarnations, such as Christ, Krishna, Buddha, Muhammad, Paramahansa Yogananda, and many many others.

Not all avatars come to the material plane though, some remain in the astral plane or in the causal plane, helping advanced souls on their way back to spirit
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2008, 10:36 AM

22,165 posts, read 19,217,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
yes and those are avatars, true God incarnations, such as Christ, Krishna, Buddha, Muhammad, Paramahansa Yogananda, and many many others.

Not all avatars come to the material plane though, some remain in the astral plane or in the causal plane, helping advanced souls on their way back to spirit
i always like hearing your views Travelling Fella, and this is a great topic

hopefully I'm not going too far off the opening post, but this is an area of that fascinates me and i still have unanswered questions. my understanding is that in any given physical lifetime or human incarnation we CAN move beyond karma as we live, it does not take dozens or hundreds of lifetimes, that we can indeed wipe that slate clean in our current lifetime. This makes sense to me.

So to move beyond karma doesn't ask one to be an avatar, just to evolve sufficiently in this lifetime, and that is a manageable task. Plenty of people are on this planet who are not avatars who are here by choice who have moved beyond karma. Karma really only binds us until we gain the tools to move beyond it, through personal responsibility for all our actions. This lifetime. We don't have to keep repaying past crap, just come clean this lifetime.

But i would love to hear from anyone on moving beyond karma. Thank you

Old 04-01-2008, 11:17 AM

321 posts, read 920,704 times
I believe in my heart that my young son chose me to be his Mommy (I also believe my dearly departed Mother had a hand in selecting him for me!).....but I can only say for myself that since he has arrived I have evolved in many areas of my life - areas that needed work but I was too weak to take it on myself. I would say disabled or challenged folks are here to either build up someone else, or the disability allows them to focus more on some other aspect of their being. I have had my own experiences throughout life that helps confirm to me that I have been here before - why I am here this time I can't quite say but maybe it's not for me to know right now - I just keep exploring and learning how to be a better person.

We decide to keep coming back in physical form to either work out karma or other emotional need until we are free and flowing of pure love and light. I would think the only reason to return physically after reaching this point would be to help others but a pure spirit can also help via channeling.

Old 04-01-2008, 11:21 AM

3,162 posts, read 11,436,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DimSumRaja View Post
i always like hearing your views Travelling Fella, and this is a great topic

hopefully I'm not going too far off the opening post, but this is an area of that fascinates me and i still have unanswered questions. my understanding is that in any given physical lifetime or human incarnation we CAN move beyond karma as we live, it does not take dozens or hundreds of lifetimes, that we can indeed wipe that slate clean in our current lifetime. This makes sense to me.

So to move beyond karma doesn't ask one to be an avatar, just to evolve sufficiently in this lifetime, and that is a manageable task. Plenty of people are on this planet who are not avatars who are here by choice who have moved beyond karma. Karma really only binds us until we gain the tools to move beyond it, through personal responsibility for all our actions. This lifetime. We don't have to keep repaying past crap, just come clean this lifetime.

But i would love to hear from anyone on moving beyond karma. Thank you
I love to read your posts too DimSum, I find them enlightening and spiritually stimulating

Of course we can move beyond Karma in one lifetime, but to achieve that we must erase desires and attachments from our consciousness, because those desires and unresolved issues are what bring us back to the physical plane, this at least according to dharmic phillosophy (Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism, etc)

Those desires and our deeds are what causes karma, but like you mentioned there are tools to burn this karma and have a faster evolution, some tools are so powerful that they give you one year of spiritual evolution everytime you perform them up to 108 for advanced masters.

Karma is also what determines our starting condition in life, and our character, but Karma doesn't have to be paid by suffering, if you start making consciousness and taking responsibility for your actions Karma will start to evaporate quickly, having an spiritual discipline that connects you with God is one of the fastest ways to burn karma and hasten your evolution, it doesn't require being member of an organized religion, although having a master and sticking to his teachings could make things easier for you.

Another way to burn karma very fast is simply loving unconditionally and performing good actions just for the sake of it without expecting anything in return.

Once Karma is fully burnt that person becomes a Siddha (perfected being) or Saint, because he is finally without sin or desire, but as God is all merciful you don't need to become a siddha to be freed from the physical plane, if your effort was hard and sincere enough this could be enough merit for your liberation at the end of your life, as I see it what you really need to do is to win God's heart

Regarding people who are here by their own choice, again according to Dharmic phillosophy just self realized masters can choose to come here by their own will and always with an special purpose, but I'm not the holder of the absolute truth, this is just what I've learnt from my guru and the spiritual path I walk, your experience might be different, and your views are as valid and enlightening as mine

Respect!

Old 12-13-2008, 09:12 PM

9 posts, read 32,685 times
Hello, I am a little late on this thread, but I hope that my 2cents worth will be good for you.

I have 2 children with Fragile x syndrome. I am actually Mormon, so in the literal religious sense, I don't believe in reincarnation. BUT I do have to say that I know my children, and I know their souls are wise. I can't religiously explain how I know this, but it's evident from their eyes that I am the one learning and teaching here, they are helping me with this. My calling seems to be to let everyone in my immediate life know that intellectual superiority is not the gold medal of this lifetime. It is loving every little accomplishment for what it is. The children that have been lent to me for this life are joy and laughter and peace. They are also on an earthly level work and grief and heartache. Do you see how there are two levels? The spiritual, and MY physical (or earthly) The spiritual level only sees the happiness in our life.

I don't know if any of this is making any sense, but it has been cleansing for me to post this. I hope you have a wonderful life with your child, no matter what the diagnosis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality