Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 08:34 PM

1,317 posts, read 2,055,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
1 + 1 + 1 in the above equation with 1 x 1 x 1. 1 x 1 x 1 does equal 1

One infinite Father plus one infinite Son plus one infinite Holy Spirit equals one infinite Godhead. Since God is infinite, this is a suitable mathematical description of the doctrine.

For instance, one such analogy is the egg, consisting of the yolk, the white, and the shell. There is one egg, with three parts. However the egg fails as an adequate analogy since there is no way that a yolk can be considered an egg. Nor may either of the other parts be considered an egg. The egg analogy is simply three parts of a whole which is not analogous to the Trinity.
Difference is, an egg is real, your trinity is a pagan concept adopted by the RCC at Nicea

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2009, 09:06 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,855,038 times
Beats me, I suspect it is all myth. Since I do not believe in the god thing, I also do not believe in the devil thing.-------Although....... there are a few politicians I may view as being evil.

Old 07-05-2009, 09:17 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,301,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justme58 View Post
Difference is, an egg is real, your trinity is a pagan concept adopted by the RCC at Nicea
Difference is you are in darkness. Enjoy

Old 07-05-2009, 10:18 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,179,956 times
What Exactly Is The Trinity? Also, Is There A Satanic Trinity?

I think that Jerry Falwell, Pat Robertson, and James Dobson are about as close to being a satanic trinity that we'll ever see.

Old 07-06-2009, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Difference is you are in darkness. Enjoy
How quaint, no answers and then an ad homenum?

I thought you were a scholar - NOT!

BTW, I am very enLIGHTened now having tossed your religion.

Old 07-06-2009, 02:54 PM

Quote:
How quaint, no answers and then an ad homenum?

I thought you were a scholar - NOT!

BTW, I am very enLIGHTened now having tossed your religion.
There isn't a need to debate or answer you, it's not like you are actually making an argument. Your very slow, because you didn't ask a question.

Last edited by Miss Shawn_2828; 07-06-2009 at 04:13 PM..

Old 07-06-2009, 05:29 PM

Quote:
There isn't a need to debate or answer you, it's not like you are actually making an argument. Your very slow, because you didn't ask a question.
Fact, the trinity IS a pagan concept adopted by the council of Nicea.

Fact an Egg is real, I posted a pic of it, care to "prove" your 3-in-one?

Here is another real 3-in-one

http://www.fueldoors.com/mainpics/3in1oil.gif (broken link)

Old 07-06-2009, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Fact, the trinity IS a pagan concept adopted by the council of Nicea.

Fact an Egg is real, I posted a pic of it, care to "prove" your 3-in-one?

Here is another real 3-in-one
This is really lame, you could have come with with something better, sense this has already been used on here. LOL

Some cults and sects claim that the early Christians copied the Holy Trinity from surrounding pagan religions. They are a mile from the truth.

There are so many pagan trinitys, but they don't even come close to christianity, even the ones that people say came from pagans.

Egyptian trinity,

Before Christianity, no religion ever believed in a single Deity consisting of three persons. The Egyptians never considered them to be three persons in one God, but as two separate gods and a goddess

The Hindu trinity,

Other critics within the cults claim that the Hindu "trimurti" - Brahma, Vishnu and Siva - was another model for the Christian Trinity. Yet scholars tell us that this "trimurti" only appears in Hinduism during the 4th-7th centuries AD.

I can give you many trinitys that have nothing to do with Christianity. I personally don't use the term trinity, but the term one as it is used.

Old 07-06-2009, 06:13 PM

Justme58

It's is so funny that you say that the Council of Nicea invented the trinity. LOL, do you even know what the Council of Nicea was, do you even know what the meeting was about, do you even know who they were talking, obviously not.? Wow, LOL, this is really funny.

The council took place around 325 A.D. and was located in Asia Minor. The Council didn't create or invent anything, but rather the Council of Nicea affirmed the Apostles' teaching of who Christ is and was.

Constantine, a converted Christian (debatably), called for a council meeting to be held in Nicea with the bishops of the Christian church to resolve escalating quarrels and controversy mounting to a bitter degree of disunity among the church leadership concerning theological issues.

The Council of Nicea, led by Emperor Constantine, was the meeting to settle differences, to become like-minded, all to the glory of Christ.

The main purpose of the meeting was only based on Christ and Christ only. They didn't make up Christ or invent, the meeting was about Him . LOL, you must have not read that and only read what someone posted.

LOL, if you are going to to put information to try to discredit Christ who is God, then it would help if you wouldn't give us information of a meeting where they are talking about Him to people, and telling the people about God and who He was.. The Council Of Nicea was an affirmation of Christ and His diety.. LOL, I like the can, its really cute. Here is a dance for ya.

Last edited by Miss Shawn_2828; 07-06-2009 at 06:40 PM..

Old 07-06-2009, 06:15 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
i think this is a rhetorical question and by any chance will you now give info about satanic worship, yes?

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 07-06-2009 at 06:43 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality