Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2018, 11:08 AM

6,471 posts, read 6,673,816 times

Advertisements

I came across this article yesterday, and the anti-woman brainwashing is horrifying. I think it hits me extra hard for a couple reasons. I came out of a cult-like church that teaches similar things, and I now live in Utah where the majority of the people are of a very conservative, patriarchal religion, which makes me feel a bit "PTSD-ish."

https://thetransformedwife.com/men-p...thout-tattoos/

Here are some reasons women should not go to college:

"Men don’t want to marry a women with debt. Most of this debt comes from college. They would also prefer a woman who still lives at her parent’s house that has not had other relationships. Do those two things and you will be highly sought after.”

"The husband will need to take years teaching his wife the correct way to act, think, and live since college taught them every possible way that is wrong.” (Sadly, most young Christian women wouldn’t listen to their husbands since they’ve not been taught to live in submission to their husbands.)"

"“They lost a handful of years of experience learning to cook large meals and learning how to work in the garden. College kids don’t cook. If they do, it’s typically for themselves.” (Young women learn nothing about biblical womanhood or what it takes to run a home when they go to college. They don’t learn to serve others either. They learn the ways of the world instead.)"

I am torn between feeling heartbroken for women who get sucked into this mindset, and fury towards the men leading the churches who teach this garbage. What is the point of living, if the best thing a woman can do is create more people, and those females should do nothing more productive or fulfilling than create more people, and on and on? *IF* a woman decides, completely on her own, that her personal goal in life is to simply raise children, fine. But how dare anyone teach women that is is somehow more "pleasing to god" to squelch her intelligence, her potential, any other aspirations she may have, in exchange for having lots of babies. Sickens me to the core.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2018, 11:51 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,176,355 times
Take heart in the certainty that morons like that are on the fast track to extinction. Only weak men, uncertain of their masculinity, seek submissive women. Girls growing up today won't tolerate that thuggish thinking.

Old 07-23-2018, 12:00 PM

23,141 posts, read 10,438,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
I came across this article yesterday, and the anti-woman brainwashing is horrifying. I think it hits me extra hard for a couple reasons. I came out of a cult-like church that teaches similar things, and I now live in Utah where the majority of the people are of a very conservative, patriarchal religion, which makes me feel a bit "PTSD-ish."

"Men don’t want to marry a women with debt. Most of this debt comes from college. They would also prefer a woman who still lives at her parent’s house that has not had other relationships. Do those two things and you will be highly sought after.”

"The husband will need to take years teaching his wife the correct way to act, think, and live since college taught them every possible way that is wrong.” (Sadly, most young Christian women wouldn’t listen to their husbands since they’ve not been taught to live in submission to their husbands.)"

"“They lost a handful of years of experience learning to cook large meals and learning how to work in the garden. College kids don’t cook. If they do, it’s typically for themselves.” (Young women learn nothing about biblical womanhood or what it takes to run a home when they go to college. They don’t learn to serve others either. They learn the ways of the world instead.)"

I am torn between feeling heartbroken for women who get sucked into this mindset, and fury towards the men leading the churches who teach this garbage. What is the point of living, if the best thing a woman can do is create more people, and those females should do nothing more productive or fulfilling than create more people, and on and on? *IF* a woman decides, completely on her own, that her personal goal in life is to simply raise children, fine. But how dare anyone teach women that is is somehow more "pleasing to god" to squelch her intelligence, her potential, any other aspirations she may have, in exchange for having lots of babies. Sickens me to the core.
Maybe that is a Utah thing.

All the women I know, they all rule their home, they are all stronger than the men they married and all the men do whatever their woman tells them to do. Most all the women I know have better jobs than their mates, they make more money, and they rule. I have been married twice, and I went to work everyday and did as I was told. My second wife was an RN, more than I ever accomplished.

Old 07-23-2018, 12:31 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,613,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post

hahahahaha Men thinking it is all about them and what they want. Some women need to wake up and smell the misogyny.

Old 07-23-2018, 02:18 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 4 days ago)

35,613 posts, read 17,948,343 times
One of the major problems with this argument she is making is she is suggesting women give up their ability to have the best career and be best able to take care of themselves if this yet to arrive knight in shining armor doesn't ever arrive at the door. It's fine to look back on your life and say you know, the way I lived my life maybe a college education and 4 years of my time was a waste of effort and money.

It's quite another to tell an 18 year old young woman who is college material to just sit at home and wait for Mr. Right to happen along.

The last major problem with this is, it's highly likely the man who will prefer a non college educated woman who still lives at home with mother and daddy and is doing little to better herself will be a joyful and giving partner. Instead, he'll likely be controlling and petty and will strongly resist any efforts at autonomy and self-fulfillment by his wife.

Old 07-23-2018, 11:08 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,542,599 times
One blogger does not equate Christians as a whole. Why do antichristian posters hold up weirdos and proclaim this is how all of us think? Mrs5150 is an attorney. She makes Good money. Do I resent it? The question is why would I? Having money is nice. I’m retired, she is not.

Does Stalin represent how all atheists behave? Why do people post this crap? Maybe I should search out articles that paint a poor picture of atheists and post them here.

Last edited by Mr5150; 07-23-2018 at 11:23 PM..

Old 07-23-2018, 11:21 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,322,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
One blogger does not equate Christians as a whole. Why do antichristian posters hold up weirdos and proclaim this is how all of us think? Mrs5150 is an attorney. She makes boatloads of money. Do I resent it? The question is why would I? Having money is nice. I’m retired, she is not.

Does Stalin represent how all atheists behave? Why do people post this crap?
The posters were commenting on a single blogger who talked about what women should not do to be good Christian wife's or potential wife. Who mentioned that they were talking about all Christians? And many Christian posters on these forums do indeed claim that Stalin is an indication of how atheists in general behave.

Old 07-24-2018, 03:28 AM

9,455 posts, read 12,542,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
The posters were commenting on a single blogger who talked about what women should not do to be good Christian wife's or potential wife. Who mentioned that they were talking about all Christians? And many Christian posters on these forums do indeed claim that Stalin is an indication of how atheists in general behave.
I guess you were born yesterday and failed to see the point of the OP. Let me explain: the OP is trying to prove Christian men want their wives to be barefoot and uneducated. Why bother to post the link unless the OP was trying make that accusation. Are you new to religious debate forums? This is a place of lies

Old 07-24-2018, 05:10 AM

19,979 posts, read 13,466,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
I guess you were born yesterday and failed to see the point of the OP. Let me explain: the OP is trying to prove Christian men want their wives to be barefoot and uneducated. Why bother to post the link unless the OP was trying make that accusation. Are you new to religious debate forums? This is a place of lies
They are pointing out that significant numbers of Christian men (and, sadly, women) want that.

To the extent that anyone would claim this is typical of most Christians, they would be wrong. To the extent that anyone would claim this is typical of most fundamentalist Christians, they might be wrong. To the extent that anyone would suggest this is the "logical" conclusion of complementarianism, they'd be spot-on correct. To the extent that anyone would suggest that most Christians who disagree with the notion that women should be kept barefoot and pregnant, fail to adequately disavow and call that out, they'd also be correct.

This is not some fringe edge case either. There are countless people caught up in this and other "weirdo" Christian ideas. Are you suggesting these things should not be pointed out because they reflect on you? Well, too bad. When I was a Christian I was constantly embarrassed by my fellow Christians to. At least I did something about it.

Old 07-24-2018, 06:01 AM

5,466 posts, read 3,063,037 times
Some religions dont see
Any value in a 7 yr degree
In lesbian dance theory.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality