Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 02:12 PM

321 posts, read 920,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktully View Post
WOW! I have a headache That's some cool stuff coosjoaquin.

I work for a sporting goods company and manage general operations & accounting. I've been exploring my own spirituality lately and find myself heading down the path of metaphysics (God is energy). It's ringing true for me right now and my spirit feels alive and connected to something My husband is not too thrilled with this as he's a Christian - not a heavy duty religious guy but in his heart believes that Jesus died for us. He feels with my current path we are not evenly yolked and what do we teach our young son about God? I think we should expose him to both sides and let him decide when he's old enough - DH doesn't agree Let the games begin
Quote:
Originally Posted by coosjoaquin View Post
lol well imo, I dont think kids are interested at all in the whole religion thing until about 14-16 years of age. By then they have the resources to choose their own path
I agree with you. My son is only almost 3 yrs old - so clearly not a huge deal for him yet, but it's becoming a hot topic for us. DH wants it nailed down so he can begin teaching now. I'm cool with teaching both sides now as it's appropriate but DH doesn't agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nay624 View Post
Good luck with your family :-)
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2008, 02:42 PM

756 posts, read 2,574,298 times
what about your husbands religion do you not want taught??

or is it that he doesn't want you to teach him yours??

why not start with Jesus, you said yourself you believe Him to be 'good'

Old 04-07-2008, 04:36 PM

321 posts, read 920,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nay624 View Post
what about your husbands religion do you not want taught??

or is it that he doesn't want you to teach him yours??

why not start with Jesus, you said yourself you believe Him to be 'good'
As said I have no problem teaching my son about traditional Christian values, the Bible, etc - but I feel it's only fair to also share with him what I believe in, and not to be one sided about it. I've even offered to attend Unitarian Universalist services which accept all religions but DH feels that church is too weak. Hopefully we can come to some acceptable decision
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality