Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2018, 11:27 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,199,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
where?
The trick is opening your eyes. Then the bigger one is opening your mind.

Rotsa ruck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2018, 11:27 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,399,541 times
Quote:
where?

I know, I know. You don’t accept anything anyone says that does not conform to your beliefs in an inerrant infallible Bible.

Old 09-05-2018, 11:32 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,030,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post

I know, I know. You don’t accept anything anyone says that does not conform to your beliefs in an inerrant infallible Bible.
as if you DO accept antying that goes against your preconceived ideas.

Old 09-05-2018, 11:35 AM

Quote:
You do know I was a card-carrying fundamentalist-type Christian for the majority of my life. So, yeah, I did finally have to accept things that went against that indoctrination. It’s not easy, BF, but a little courage and desire for truth goes a long way.

Old 09-05-2018, 11:36 AM

Quote:
You do know I was a card-carrying fundamentalist-type Christian for the majority of my life. So, yeah, I did finally have to accept things that went against that indoctrination. It’s not easy, BF, but a little courage and desire for truth goes a long way.
And now you're just as fundamentalist, but you have a different set of beliefs. Ones that won't be changed by reading an internet message board.

Old 09-05-2018, 11:43 AM

Quote:
And now you're just as fundamentalist, but you have a different set of beliefs. Ones that won't be changed by reading an internet message board.
I know what it does NOT make sense to believe (among other things, that a God who is love would require a brutal blood sacrifice in order to forgive or would torment people for eternity for any reason, including their unbelief in such heinous doctrines). Beyond that, it’s all fair game.

Explain how that is fundamentalism, please.

Old 09-05-2018, 11:47 AM

Quote:
I know what it does NOT make sense to believe (among other things, that a God who is love would require a brutal blood sacrifice in order to forgive or would torment people for eternity for any reason, including their unbelief in such heinous doctrines). Beyond that, it’s all fair game.

Explain how that is fundamentalism, please.
You have your beliefs that you are quite convinced of. No Scripture, no evidence will convince you otherwise. You know what you know, and nothing will change your mind. That is very typical of a fundamentalist.

Old 09-05-2018, 11:50 AM

23,173 posts, read 10,463,936 times
Quote:
Sorry. I believe Matthew, Luke, John, Peter and Paul over you. I've seen no evidence whatsoever to believe a word you say over God's inspired Scripture.
LOL, you don't believe what the gospels say bro.

Old 09-05-2018, 11:51 AM

Quote:
You have your beliefs that you are quite convinced of. No Scripture, no evidence will convince you otherwise. You know what you know, and nothing will change your mind. That is very typical of a fundamentalist.
If anyone can explain to me how it makes sense that a God who is love would torment people for eternity with no hope of reprieve, I would believe it was possible. I would not love or worship such a being but I would accept it was possible.

So, go ahead. Explain that belief in a rational way.

Old 09-05-2018, 11:53 AM

23,173 posts, read 10,463,936 times
Quote:
She is way more honest than you, she admits where she finds contradictions like Mighty Queen, or even Nate, you read things and pretend they are not there, Plerro is at least true to herself even if she and I don't agree, she believes what she reads and she adjusts, you on the other hand, you pretend as if things were not even said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality