Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2018, 06:37 PM

23,128 posts, read 10,426,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post
I get your point, but you are missing mine. Your opinion does not matter. What authority do you have to decide what goes into someone elses book, or even into their history, or even into what they believe?

Would you not have to confess the answer would be - none?

Would you want say - me - to have such authority over you, your book, your history, your beliefs? I certainly hope not.

At any rate - nothing in the Old Testament has anything to do with Jesus. If people believe he was predicted, okay. If they don't, okay. He is already worshipped by quite literally millions of people throughout the world. The comparative handful that speak against him will have no effect on that.
Wow, I have to say, this has to be the very worst post I have ever seen, I have never seen a bigger false presentation of Jesus, EVER, and that is saying a lot from somebody like me.

Makes me really wonder.

Your Jesus was the greatest traitor against the commandments of God and the people of God, who would follow such a wicked man?

I bet we could even get you to say that you are the real Jew now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2018, 07:07 PM

4,005 posts, read 2,079,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
You just prove the fact that Jesus could not have been the Messiah to Jews, they get it, but you don't.

With your one post you have proven Jesus to be a false prophet who deserved death, and why would the Jew break the Law to follow a false prophet so they too can be deserving of death?

LOL! I never knew my words were so powerful, or could be so manipulated in an individual's singular mind.

People to this day go to Rabbi's (Jesus was a rabbi, his 12 'followers/friends/students' called him their Rabbi) to listen to them speak and ask them questions. Are they following false prophets and breaking laws in your mind?

You are proof that people see what they want, possibly even need, to see; and, hear what they want/need to hear.

Old 09-16-2018, 07:14 PM

i
Quote:
LOL! I never knew my words were so powerful, or could be so manipulated in an individual's singular mind.

People to this day go to Rabbi's (Jesus was a rabbi, his 12 'followers/friends/students' called him their Rabbi) to listen to them speak and ask them questions. Are they following false prophets and breaking laws in your mind?

You are proof that people see what they want, possibly even need, to see; and, hear what they want/need to hear.
I think it because you don't understand what is coming out of your mouth concerning the law and the prophets, all you do is prove Jesus couldn't be the Messiah to Jews, maybe you shouldn't really debate with a rabbi at least.

Nothing stands next to the law and the prophets, and God has his own religion, his own worship system of Sabbaths and feasts and commandments that he has demanded his people to keep even if the whole world gathers them up to put in a furnace or reject God, they go down into the furnace, maybe you should buy yourself some gold refined in the furnance, and ask a rabbi to help you.

Old 09-16-2018, 07:27 PM

Quote:
i

I think it because you don't understand what is coming out of your mouth concerning the law and the prophets, all you do is prove Jesus couldn't be the Messiah to Jews, maybe you shouldn't really debate with a rabbi at least.

Nothing stands next to the law and the prophets, and God has his own religion, his own worship system of Sabbaths and feasts and commandments that he has demanded his people to keep even if the whole world gathers them up to put in a furnace or reject God, they go down into the furnace, maybe you should buy yourself some gold refined in the furnance, and ask a rabbi to help you.
This is an anonymous forum, so nothing is what it seems. If I am debating with someone, they can claim to be Fievel Mousekewitz, and no one can prove or disprove their claim.

I can debate with anyone I like, if that is indeed what I am doing - but what I have been saying all along, and I will bolden it so you can possibly focus better, is that...

ANYTHING IN THE OLD TESTAMENT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH JESUS CHRIST.

Can you hear me now Hannibal, or will you throw more ridiculousness my way?

Old 09-16-2018, 08:34 PM

Quote:
This is an anonymous forum, so nothing is what it seems. If I am debating with someone, they can claim to be Fievel Mousekewitz, and no one can prove or disprove their claim.

I can debate with anyone I like, if that is indeed what I am doing - but what I have been saying all along, and I will bolden it so you can possibly focus better, is that...

Can you hear me now Hannibal, or will you throw more ridiculousness my way?
My point, you prove Jesus was a lawless pagan that had nothing to do with the prophesies concerning the Messiah, you are proving my point. There is no need for anyone to debate whether Jesus was the Messiah or not, you prove without a doubt that he was not the Messiah spoken about in the law and the prophets, what else is there to say?

You prove that Messiah has yet to come, and so you stand with everyone who says that Jesus is not the Messiah.

YOU PROVE JESUS CANNOT BE THE MESSIAH AND HERE YOU ARE SPEAKING TO JEWS WHO AGREE WITH YOU.

YOUR PROOF that Jesus could not be the Messiah is all any Jew needs to prove Jesus could not be the Messiah, what is astonishing is that you don't know the religion you are speaking of well enough to know how absurd you sound.

Old 09-17-2018, 12:16 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,852,858 times
Quote:
So wait, you quote a wall of text taken from the Old Testament and somehow any issues that are said to be a problem with that text help prove Jesus Christ did not exist. Yeah...GO FOR IT! lol
It's not for us to prove that your Jesus Christ did not exist. It's for you to prove that he did.

Old 09-17-2018, 02:48 AM

Quote:
My point, you prove Jesus was a lawless pagan that had nothing to do with the prophesies concerning the Messiah, you are proving my point. There is no need for anyone to debate whether Jesus was the Messiah or not, you prove without a doubt that he was not the Messiah spoken about in the law and the prophets, what else is there to say?

You prove that Messiah has yet to come, and so you stand with everyone who says that Jesus is not the Messiah.

YOU PROVE JESUS CANNOT BE THE MESSIAH AND HERE YOU ARE SPEAKING TO JEWS WHO AGREE WITH YOU.

YOUR PROOF that Jesus could not be the Messiah is all any Jew needs to prove Jesus could not be the Messiah, what is astonishing is that you don't know the religion you are speaking of well enough to know how absurd you sound.

Although you seem to want me to - against all odds - prove your point, I prove no such thing for you. I offer no proof. I prove nothing. I sound absurd because that is the type of absurd thing you want or need to say.

The only thing that can be proved is that you hold prophets (people who have visions and tell other people about them) up in line with gods apparently. My messiah came. He was called Jesus Christ. My words prove that that is what I believe.

Your words prove that you are still waiting for a messiah as prophesized in the Old Testament since you claim to be a Jew. What if you are wrong?

I offer Rabbi Schneerson as a modern day example of those exalted as a possible candidate for messiah - as proof that it happens. It is proof that people listen and come to believe, just like the 12 apostles did.

I can agree that there is no need to debate about a messiah or Jesus Christ for that matter. Many millions of people worldwide accept the all-inclusive teachings of Jesus Christ. Whether or not you do means little to nothing to me or them. It could be important for anyone that feels they have a calling to convert you. I have no such calling.

That is something that only makes a difference to you. You prove that Jesus Christ is VERY important to you. You are willing to be offensively rude over him. If he did not matter to you, you would make no such silly and vain attempts.

Have a nice day!

Last edited by ComeCloser; 09-17-2018 at 03:03 AM..

Old 09-17-2018, 04:01 AM

16,761 posts, read 4,968,659 times
Quote:
According to Paul and the epistle to the Hebrews, Jesus was revealed in the Old Testament (and for Paul, also seen in visions).

Old 09-17-2018, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
According to Paul and the epistle to the Hebrews, Jesus was revealed in the Old Testament (and for Paul, also seen in visions).
Okay. If you say so. That would be Paul's interpretation of an Old Testament vision. Paul was originally named/called Saul, and was Jewish.

Old 09-17-2018, 06:28 AM

16,761 posts, read 4,968,659 times
Quote:
Okay. If you say so.
No, the Bible says so. Have you read it?

Quote:
That would be Paul's interpretation of an Old Testament vision.
Not according to Paul.

Quote:
Paul was originally named/called Saul, and was Jewish.
I believe the English talk about grandmothers and eggs in this situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality