Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2018, 08:35 AM

4,765 posts, read 1,995,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Fervent hope, I'm betting.

You lose. One main activity of conservative Christianity is evangelism. If you understand evangelism, you would know just how wrong you are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2018, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
The above bolded is what absolutely floors me about Christians. They take at face value ANYTHING the Bible says simply because it's the Bible. Doesn't matter how riddled with errors the Bible has been proven to be

Be specific. What errors are you thinking of? IMO, you are too ignorant of the Bible to recognize an error.

[quote]yet Rob can say, WITH A STRAIGHT FACE YET, he "knows" people looked into Jesus face when history cannot even prove there WAS a Jesus. [quote]

There is more evidence He did exist than He didnt

Quote:
This is why Christians get taken to the cleaners regularly--because they are so trusting of anything anyone says--as long as it conforms to the Bible, of course.

Wrong again. Those ignorant of Christianity cant take those who understand it to the cleaners., All you do is expose your and your bias. You should also know that we do not someones word for what they say even if it is in the Bible. We study the passage and determine if their interpretation is right.

Quote:
Rob, I'll say it again: If sex gets one guy through the day sanity intact, do it. If booze does for the next guy, do it! Do whatever you have to, believe whatever you want to make it through the day. If talking to Jesus every day is what gets you through the day, GO FOR IT!

What a silly thing to say. People have done that for years and More sex wont cure any problem and more booze might get worse.

Old 09-17-2018, 08:57 AM

THE ot SPSOKE OF hIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post
I get your point, but you are missing mine. Your opinion does not matter. What authority do you have to decide what goes into someone elses book, or even into their history, or even into what they believe?

Would you not have to confess the answer would be - none?

Would you want say - me - to have such authority over you, your book, your history, your beliefs? I certainly hope not.

At any rate - nothing in the Old Testament has anything to do with Jesus. If people believe he was predicted, okay. If they don't, okay. He is already worshipped by quite literally millions of people throughout the world. The comparative handful that speak against him will have no effect on that.

Not true. Jesus told the 2 men on the road to Emmaus that all of he OT spoke of Him(Lk 24:27 & 44). You can find Him there if you understand the passages. The first mention of Him is Gen 3:15.

Old 09-17-2018, 09:00 AM

2,676 posts, read 1,264,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
THE ot SPSOKE OF hIM

Not true. Jesus told the 2 men on the road to Emmaus that all of he OT spoke of Him(Lk 24:27 & 44). You can find Him there if you understand the passages. The first mention of Him is Gen 3:15.
3:15
I will put enmity Between you and the woman, And between your offspring and hers; They shall strike at your head, And you shall strike at their heel.”

Ah, enmity and striking. Good ol' Jesus.

Actually, that verse refers to the Cavity Creeps, if you understand the passages. Clearly, anyone who doesn't see that simply doesn't understand the passages.

Old 09-17-2018, 09:31 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,029,149 times
Quote:
There is more evidence He did exist than He didn't

Where is this proof?...What is it?...

Old 09-17-2018, 09:32 AM

Quote:
THE ot SPSOKE OF hIM

Would you believe me if I told you that the OT spoke of me?...

Old 09-17-2018, 09:33 AM

Quote:
THE ot SPSOKE OF hIM

Genesis 3:15 refers to Israel...

Old 09-17-2018, 11:29 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,857,175 times
Quote:
Be specific. What errors are you thinking of? IMO, you are too ignorant of the Bible to recognize an error.
There he goes again folks. Asking for evidence of errors when I personally have given him a list of things mentioned in the Bible that are verifiably not true. Transponder has also given him numerous examples of errors in the NT but as usual, he waits a few weeks until he thinks people have forgotten and then, back he comes asking for 'evidence' of errors once again.

Old 09-17-2018, 11:38 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
There he goes again folks. Asking for evidence of errors when I personally have given him a list of things mentioned in the Bible that are verifiably not true. Transponder has also given him numerous examples of errors in the NT but as usual, he waits a few weeks until he thinks people have forgotten and then, back he comes asking for 'evidence' of errors once again.

He's a robot. Just spews the same tired, old, ridiculous responses. It's all he's programmed for. Poor, sad little thing.

Old 09-17-2018, 11:57 AM

23,144 posts, read 10,445,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post
Although you seem to want me to - against all odds - prove your point, I prove no such thing for you. I offer no proof. I prove nothing. I sound absurd because that is the type of absurd thing you want or need to say.

The only thing that can be proved is that you hold prophets (people who have visions and tell other people about them) up in line with gods apparently. My messiah came. He was called Jesus Christ. My words prove that that is what I believe.

Your words prove that you are still waiting for a messiah as prophesized in the Old Testament since you claim to be a Jew. What if you are wrong?

I offer Rabbi Schneerson as a modern day example of those exalted as a possible candidate for messiah - as proof that it happens. It is proof that people listen and come to believe, just like the 12 apostles did.

I can agree that there is no need to debate about a messiah or Jesus Christ for that matter. Many millions of people worldwide accept the all-inclusive teachings of Jesus Christ. Whether or not you do means little to nothing to me or them. It could be important for anyone that feels they have a calling to convert you. I have no such calling.

That is something that only makes a difference to you. You prove that Jesus Christ is VERY important to you. You are willing to be offensively rude over him. If he did not matter to you, you would make no such silly and vain attempts.

Have a nice day!
Wow, this is so weird, I just can't believe what I am reading.

Tell me more about the rabbi, should I follow him?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality