Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2018, 11:53 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,004,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
LOL, you don't believe what the gospels say bro.
OK. Whatever. You're as way out there as anyone on this forum. I'm just done with your silly, stupid, off-base, nonsensical posts. I'm done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2018, 12:04 PM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Christians have been told all their lives that Isaiah 53 perfectly describes Jesus. They've been told so many times that Isaiah 53 proves Jesus was God because he was prophesied in Isaiah 53 that they cannot think about Isaiah 53 without thinking about Jesus.

But Isaiah is not about Jesus at all. It only APPEARS to be because it's propaganda devised by the early church leaders to brainwash you into believing that.

On first glance, Isaiah 53 seems to be perfectly describing the story of Jesus' crucifixion and character because that's how the story of Jesus has evolved over the 100 years the gospels were being written and re-written. But notice the "he" in Isaiah 53 never uses the name, "Jesus". It never uses the term, "Messiah".

In actuality the "he" is perfectly identified in Isaiah 52 and other books of the Old Testament.

It is Israel.

There is so much proof Isaiah 42-53 is NOT about Jesus that I cannot possibly post it all in this post No 1. I will add all the proof to this thread as the conversation goes along.
I don't see what the problem is.

You don't see Jesus as Savior anyway - so why would you see Him here?

You are right that Isaiah is referring to what is occurring in His day. However, there are similarities here and there to what Jesus went through during his stay on the earth. Isaiah likely wasn't aware of Jesus, but God was.

Old 09-05-2018, 12:19 PM

23,126 posts, read 10,426,638 times
I will go with Israel being the suffering servant because of the fact that they are, I also see Jesus as a suffering servant as Israel.....I see Jesus coming as the suffering servant that not all people accepted, and then the entire nation became the suffering servant.

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 09-05-2018 at 12:39 PM..

Old 09-05-2018, 12:31 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
You've got to be kidding. Thrill has posted so much evidence about the errors and fallibility of the Bible in totality, that you'd have to be purposely avoiding Thrill's posts to have missed it all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
where?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
The trick is opening your eyes. Then the bigger one is opening your mind.

Rotsa ruck.

Quote:

I know, I know. You don’t accept anything anyone says that does not conform to your beliefs in an inerrant infallible Bible.

Quote:
as if you DO accept antying that goes against your preconceived ideas.
Quote:
You do know I was a card-carrying fundamentalist-type Christian for the majority of my life. So, yeah, I did finally have to accept things that went against that indoctrination. It’s not easy, BF, but a little courage and desire for truth goes a long way.
Quote:
And now you're just as fundamentalist, but you have a different set of beliefs. Ones that won't be changed by reading an internet message board.
Quote:
I know what it does NOT make sense to believe (among other things, that a God who is love would require a brutal blood sacrifice in order to forgive or would torment people for eternity for any reason, including their unbelief in such heinous doctrines). Beyond that, it’s all fair game.

Explain how that is fundamentalism, please.

Quote:
You have your beliefs that you are quite convinced of. No Scripture, no evidence will convince you otherwise. You know what you know, and nothing will change your mind. That is very typical of a fundamentalist.
Quote:
If anyone can explain to me how it makes sense that a God who is love would torment people for eternity with no hope of reprieve, I would believe it was possible. I would not love or worship such a being but I would accept it was possible.

So, go ahead. Explain that belief in a rational way.
Good exchange, Pleroo! I am afraid you will be waiting a very long time before anyone succeeds in answering your question!

Old 09-05-2018, 12:34 PM

4,765 posts, read 1,993,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
The Bible is NOT inspired by God. You're going to learn that one of these days, Fundie.

How do you know the Bible is not inspired by God? You accept your theology just like I accept mine---BY FAITH ALONE.

Old 09-05-2018, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Nor will you ever, as long as you choose to remain a close-minded fundie.

With your great , show us were we are wrong. One day you will discover, maybe, that insults are stupid and not evidence.

Old 09-05-2018, 12:39 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
With your great , show us were we are wrong. One day you will discover, maybe, that insults are stupid and not evidence.

I hear a clanging gong.

Old 09-05-2018, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
If you are Jewish and accept the predominant position -you definitely believe Jesus is not the messiah
But I have not seen anybody else to step up to take the job
As to inspired works of course it is -portions that is - so is Quran & sutras of Buddhism
They all are

They can't step up because they can't fulfill any of the Messianic prophecies.

Old 09-05-2018, 12:40 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,004,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post

Good exchange, Pleroo! I am afraid you will be waiting a very long time before anyone succeeds in answering your question!
And you're as fundy as anyone else. You have your beliefs, and you don't base these beliefs on any actual evidence other than what you know to be "true". So really, you ought to call yourself "FundyPhD".

Old 09-05-2018, 12:42 PM

23,126 posts, read 10,426,638 times
Quote:
OK. Whatever. You're as way out there as anyone on this forum. I'm just done with your silly, stupid, off-base, nonsensical posts. I'm done.
Is that because you can't hold with sound doctrine? I quote Jesus and you contradict Jesus? I quote Paul and you contradict Paul? I don't blame you for not wanting to talk to me, I will put scripture after scripture up that contradicts everything you believe.....

We could put the actual covenant up just to see how it doesn't involve you in the least.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality