Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2018, 12:46 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,394,984 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Good exchange, Pleroo! I am afraid you will be waiting a very long time before anyone succeeds in answering your question!
I know better than to hold my breath about the hell issue. I know that is unanswerable, BFun. But, please, by all means, respond to this:

Originally Posted by Pleroo
I know what it does NOT make sense to believe (among other things, that a God who is love would require a brutal blood sacrifice in order to forgive or would torment people for eternity for any reason, including their unbelief in such heinous doctrines). Beyond that, it’s all fair game.

Explain how that is fundamentalism, please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2018, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
She is way more honest than you, she admits where she finds contradictions like Mighty Queen, or even Nate, you read things and pretend they are not there, Plerro is at least true to herself even if she and I don't agree, she believes what she reads and she adjusts, you on the other hand, you pretend as if things were not even said.
I take sound arguments into consideration and I lean towards what makes sense to me, but I hold it all loosely. Love is my compass in matters of spirituality.

Old 09-05-2018, 01:03 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,038,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Christians have been told all their lives that Isaiah 53 perfectly describes Jesus. They've been told so many times that Isaiah 53 proves Jesus was God because he was prophesied in Isaiah 53 that they cannot think about Isaiah 53 without thinking about Jesus.

But Isaiah is not about Jesus at all. It only APPEARS to be because it's propaganda devised by the early church leaders to brainwash you into believing that.

On first glance, Isaiah 53 seems to be perfectly describing the story of Jesus' crucifixion and character because that's how the story of Jesus has evolved over the 100 years the gospels were being written and re-written. But notice the "he" in Isaiah 53 never uses the name, "Jesus". It never uses the term, "Messiah".

In actuality the "he" is perfectly identified in Isaiah 52 and other books of the Old Testament.

It is Israel.

There is so much proof Isaiah 42-53 is NOT about Jesus that I cannot possibly post it all in this post No 1. I will add all the proof to this thread as the conversation goes along.

Old 09-05-2018, 01:08 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,024,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Come to your Messiah, Richard. He calls out to you.

Old 09-05-2018, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
They can't step up because they can't fulfill any of the Messianic prophecies.
Neither did Jesus...

Old 09-05-2018, 01:12 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post

Saying that to a Jew is in exceedingly bad taste, even for you.

No wonder nobody likes you.

Old 09-05-2018, 01:14 PM

Quote:
And this is YOUR Christian shtick, to antagonize and insult...He is not the Jewish Messiah, he is the Christian messiah...

Old 09-05-2018, 01:18 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,024,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
And this is YOUR Christian shtick, to antagonize and insult...He is not the Jewish Messiah, he is the Christian messiah...
They are the same thing. He is Messiah to the Jew and the Gentile. And no, this is not to antagonize, nor have I insulted you. You can come to him and receive salvation.

Old 09-05-2018, 01:28 PM

23,164 posts, read 10,455,314 times
Quote:
Yes Richard, ''JOIN THE RELIGION OF MESSIAH.''

O, I forget, Between you and BF, YOU ARE the one practicing the religion of Messiah, and so what is BF asking you to do? Does he want you to give up on your culture and heritage to stop being a Jew? Does he want you to call the Torah a strange thing and stop following it? Does he want you to reject all the Sabbaths and feasts of Messiah to join him in his pagan Babylonian Holy days and traditions?

That is what gets me, how a Christian is supposed to witness to Jews from a religion not founded in the bible, but a religion of their own making, they would have the Jews stop being Jews, they would have Jews become Gentiles, lawless, and pagan. Christianity presents an Anti-Semitic, lawless traitor against Moses, against Jerusalem and against Messiah and they want Jews to join.

BF, now what is it that you want Richard to do?

He is the one who has been keeping the religion of Messiah alive, him and all his people for the last 2000 years have been the only people keeping the religion of Messiah and now you want him to join a religion that is AGAINST GOD, AGAINST JEWS, AGAINST JEWISH HERITAGE AND CULTURE.

Let's see, we persecute and kill Jews for 2000 years because they wont stop being Jews and now we wonder why they wont believe in Jesus?

Old 09-05-2018, 01:41 PM

Quote:
They are the same thing. He is Messiah to the Jew and the Gentile. And no, this is not to antagonize, nor have I insulted you. You can come to him and receive salvation.
What exactly do you think Richard needs saving from?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality