Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2018, 09:21 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,397,063 times

Advertisements

I cant place a link tiill my new laptop comes...google Johnson Boat Motors Youtube....the one that is 4:14 min.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2018, 09:52 AM

10,213 posts, read 14,841,188 times
Re: Shirina Post #168 (It didn't justify repeating)

God has chosen to reveal Himself and His truth in His inspired living and written Word (Jesus Christ and Scripture). Our choice is to accept or reject it. Attempting to suppress or change it by covering it in a cloudy layer of personal opinion and philosophy is rejection, which God's Word calls "Inexcusable" (Rom. 1:18-20).

Many choose to parrot untruths and opinions about the Bible; or confuse religion and relationship with God. This is why God has created every person an inborn knowledge of His eternal power and Godhead.

Everyone has a 'truth standard.' All are accountable for living by God's Truth Standard, which is His reliable, unchanging, inspired Word. What is your 'truth standard?' (To claim we cannot know the truth is nonsense ... For example, is that statement in itself - true?)

Old 10-20-2018, 10:01 AM

8,226 posts, read 3,425,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
No....
Do I want a Supreme Court Justice on the bench that has little diplomacy nor idea how to impress the committee of his
anger and frustration without acting like an impudent, scowling 7th grader? No, sir.
That's as much as u will get out of me.
You don't have to admit it. I know what party you vote for. The party of secular humanism.

Old 10-20-2018, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
You don't have to admit it. I know what party you vote for. The party of secular humanism.
I had no idea what that was til I looked that up,
Im not much for labels of any kind, just sayin'. I don't know what many political and relgious labels mean.

Old 10-20-2018, 12:50 PM

50,843 posts, read 24,359,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
Re: Shirina Post #168 (It didn't justify repeating)

God has chosen to reveal Himself and His truth in His inspired living and written Word (Jesus Christ and Scripture). Our choice is to accept or reject it. Attempting to suppress or change it by covering it in a cloudy layer of personal opinion and philosophy is rejection, which God's Word calls "Inexcusable" (Rom. 1:18-20).

Many choose to parrot untruths and opinions about the Bible; or confuse religion and relationship with God. This is why God has created every person an inborn knowledge of His eternal power and Godhead.

Everyone has a 'truth standard.' All are accountable for living by God's Truth Standard, which is His reliable, unchanging, inspired Word. What is your 'truth standard?' (To claim we cannot know the truth is nonsense ... For example, is that statement in itself - true?)
Thank you for clarifying and helping me understand why I reject it.

Old 10-20-2018, 05:11 PM

595 posts, read 762,204 times
Hebrews 11:
17 By faith Abraham, when God tested him, offered Isaac as a sacrifice. He who had embraced the promises was about to sacrifice his one and only son, 18 even though God had said to him, “It is through Isaac that your offspring will be reckoned.”[c] 19 Abraham reasoned that God could even raise the dead, and so in a manner of speaking he did receive Isaac back from death.

God chose Abraham to carry on his promise.
1. A test
2. God before the test had spoken to Abraham concerning Isaac's heritage.
3. Abraham believed God could raise Isaac from the dead.
Faith-a gift God gave Abraham

Old 10-20-2018, 06:17 PM

8,226 posts, read 3,425,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I had no idea what that was til I looked that up,
Im not much for labels of any kind, just sayin'. I don't know what many political and relgious labels mean.
I think the Democrats, in general, are the party of secular humanism. Especially since the Republicans attracted so many fundamentalist Christians.

Old 10-21-2018, 05:40 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,047,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercy777 View Post
Hebrews 11:
17 By faith Abraham, when God tested him, offered Isaac as a sacrifice. He who had embraced the promises was about to sacrifice his one and only son, 18 even though God had said to him, “It is through Isaac that your offspring will be reckoned.”[c] 19 Abraham reasoned that God could even raise the dead, and so in a manner of speaking he did receive Isaac back from death.

God chose Abraham to carry on his promise.
1. A test
2. God before the test had spoken to Abraham concerning Isaac's heritage.
3. Abraham believed God could raise Isaac from the dead.
Faith-a gift God gave Abraham
Yea, I heard that nonsense a long time ago...However, G-d did not tell Avraham to take Yitzchak up AS a sacrifice, but FOR a sacrifice...Since G-d states that He abhors human sacrifice, why would He tell Avraham to sacrifice his son?...It never entered G-d’s Mind to ask for such a thing...

Berei**** - Genesis - Chapter 22

2 And He said, "Please take your son, your only one, whom you love, yea, Isaac, and go away to the land of Moriah and bring him up there for a burnt offering on one of the mountains, of which I will tell you."

Old 10-21-2018, 12:25 PM

Wow...changes everything doesnt it? For not AS....see, I try to tell people God is not some murderous nut.
Thqnks Richard.

Old 10-21-2018, 01:29 PM

4,087 posts, read 3,247,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Yea, I heard that nonsense a long time ago...However, G-d did not tell Avraham to take Yitzchak up AS a sacrifice, but FOR a sacrifice...Since G-d states that He abhors human sacrifice, why would He tell Avraham to sacrifice his son?...It never entered G-d’s Mind to ask for such a thing...

Berei**** - Genesis - Chapter 22

2 And He said, "Please take your son, your only one, whom you love, yea, Isaac, and go away to the land of Moriah and bring him up there for a burnt offering on one of the mountains, of which I will tell you."
Still Christians did NOT plan any human for sacrifice. The lessen of Abraham and Isaac here.... was clearly for obedience and so far as to give up a son if God demanded. NO Christians TEACH that Isaac death was carried out and resurrected again. But Abraham was STOPPED by God .... BEFORE any death was done to Abraham's son at the hands of his own father. But that GOD then would give up the Son ..... in fullfillment to come. That would wait till a Jesus would be revealed and rejected by his own (commonly called Jews).... as the story goes.

Christians do not expect a Temple of sacrifices LITTERALLY again, but clearly ..... many expect one will be rebuilt. Just as final sign of a impending new Age .... commonly called a Kingdom Age is at hand. I liken it to the Jews GoldenAge of Israel in expectations.

If some Jews do expect literal sacrifices again? It isn't Christians as it goes fully against the stand that Jesus death finalized any need again of BLOOD animal or human sacrifice. If some of sect does ... not the same whatsoever.

My response is on the comment "God never asked for ANY form of human sacrifice. The Christian fundamental belief is.... that God himself provided the Final Sacrificial lamb. That being taking on a form as a part of the fulfillment in part as a man commonly called Jesus. Some sects see Jesus as totally a separate entity from God. Most do not.

Only under Judaism..... was there literal blood sacrifices by man FOR atonement of sins. Most Christians do not see Jesus as merely man. Neither was his put to death literally held. As for that reason ... by those that decreed it or carried it out. Pilate in the story did NOT decree Jesus guilty. The Temple leaders and believers against Jesus reinforced guilt and penalty given. Those who followed Jesus then ..... WERE NOT those who called for his death or guilt in any way. But the fulfillment was again .... ssen as the PURPOSE God provided in fullfilment of the sacrificial system and in every Feast of Judaism or Temple practice .... being .... and is a forshadow to have a final fulfillment.

The Temple's destruction would come ..... and Jews never felt a sign to rebuild it has come .... YET.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality