Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2018, 05:58 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,606,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Both Adam and Eve died spiritually on the spot upon eating of that tree. And In Peter it states-1000 years is as a day to God( 2Peter 3:8)--Both died before that day to God ended.
Where in the bible does it say "spiritual death"?

So if a day is a 1000 years in god time then that would mean Adam had 500 - 700 years for god to figure out sex with animals isn't right?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2018, 05:59 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,043,151 times
Quote:
The trinitarian teachers try to say--their is predestination because God is Omniscient--That he knows all the future already--They are in error.
Robots...

Old 09-16-2018, 08:13 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,195,004 times
kjw is doing a fine job ensuring the JWs never exceed 1% of the population.

Old 09-16-2018, 10:25 AM

6,324 posts, read 4,325,782 times
Quote:
God says satan is real. I would choose my words against him carefully.
Satan is not real. Neither is Yahweh/Jehovah.

The words I choose will only ever be heard (or seen) by the eyes of other, very mortal, non-divine, human beings. (Well, unless your cat is on your desk and looking at your screen while you read my post, for whatever reason).

Oh, I know you believe in all of that hocus-pocus, but the historicity of Yahweh and Jesus clearly shows that it's all a fiction. However, I know that no evidence will ever be good enough because your desire to believe overrides the logical part of your brain that *knows* that there are things truly amiss with what you "believe" is true.

Old 09-16-2018, 10:31 AM

6,324 posts, read 4,325,782 times
Quote:
The whole saw it occur in 1914= revelation 6-- The war in heaven--Michael rode the white horse. He defeated satan and his angels and were booted out of heaven forever to the EARTH.
So ... the Austrian-Hungarian Empire declaring war on Serbia ... thus causing Russia to declare war on the Austrian-Hungarian Empire -- thus causing Germany to declare war on Serbia and Russia -- thus causing France and Britain to declare war on Germany and the Austrian-Hungarian Empire -- thus causing the Ottoman Empire to declare war on Russia, Britain, and France -- thus causing Italy, Japan, and later, the United States to declare war on Germany, Serbia, the Austrian-Hungarian Empire, and the Ottoman Empire -- was in Revelation 6? And you were able to derive such precise information from a book of insanity?

I'd sure love to see a flow chart of your thought process.

Old 09-16-2018, 12:52 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,043,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
kjw is doing a fine job ensuring the JWs never exceed 1% of the population.

Old 09-16-2018, 12:57 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,328,055 times
Quote:
Yes one must use wisdom in what they choose. While being no part of this world(satan controlled parts) one must still live in this world. It meant more like--the things that are in the power positions and things God hates)--Govts, false religions, world celebrations, greed, drunkenness, drug addiction, idolatry, spiritism, hatred. all sex out of marriage. liars, cheating, etc.
-- all of those things come off the table of demons( 1Cor 10:21) One must learn what that table consists of so as to not partake off of it--yet 99% on earth are partaking daily. Because most teachers are blind guides who fail to warn what that table consists of.
In that list you gave it seems really silly that God hates sex outside of marriage. It's the game "One of these things doesn't belong here".

You sure like that 99% bit. 99% of those calling themselves Christians are following false teachings and 99% 9f humans are following Satan. I have used my wisdom to see your religion as illogical and irrational and you are welcomed to it. I doubt you will ever be able to convince me of Satan's existence nor why he is s9 much more powerful than your God.

Old 09-16-2018, 03:17 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,173,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
The biblical Satan has a couple of independent sources. The one in Genesis is The Serpent, probably based on the serpent god of the Hyksos.
You couldn't be more wrong.

There is no serpent in Genesis.

The Hebrew satan, rendered s-t-n, simply means "accuser" or "adversary."

It does not mean devil or demon or anything else.

Nothing in the Hebrew pre-historical mythology in Genesis is original. It is all plagiarized from older works.

The original version of the Garden of Eden myth is Sumerian in origin.

Enki, the deity the Sumerians allege created humans wishes to give humans more knowledge, but his half-brother Enlil is opposed. Enki gives humans the knowledge anyway, and Enlil and Enki become embroiled in conflict which culminates with the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities of the plain centuries later.

Everything from creation, to Eden story, to the 10 pre-diluvial patriarchs, to the flood, to the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah are copies of older Sumerian texts.

Even the Book of Job, which repeatedly makes use of 32 Sumerian/Akkadian loan-words originated in Sumer.

In the Sumerian version of Sodom and Gomorrah, it is Enlil's son Ninurta (Erra in Akkadian language) and Enki's son Nergal who destroy the cities, not because of their wickedness, but because Marduk's son Nabu has his armies based there.

The Hebrews always lived in Canaan and never in Egypt, and they were familiar with those stories, albeit with the Canaanite names of the deities: El, Ba'al, El Elyon, El Berith, El Shaddai, Mot, Suf, Asherah, Dagon, Kothar, Shapsu and Yahweh. As the Hebrews shifted from polytheism to henotheism, the "E" writer substituted the plural elohim for the names of the gods. Later after the Hebrews shifted from polytheism to monaltrism, the "P" writer substituted Yahweh for elohim.

And, the Hebrews are monaltrists and not monotheists, because the Hebrew texts state expressly there are other gods in addition to Yahweh, and even names them.

Judges 11:24 Chemosh ’elohim (Moabite) Samuel I 5:7 Dagon ’elohim (Philistine and Ugaritic)
Kings I 11:33 Astarte ’elohim (Canannite goddess), Milcom ’elohim (Ammonite), Chemosh ’elohim (Moabite) Kings II 19:37 Nisroch ’elohim (Assyrian).

Note the "J" writer uses the same format: Yahweh elohim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
The Hyksos have been proposed as ancestral to Hebrews, and were from the same general area. They controlled Egypt for about 100 years starting in the 17th century BCE, then were driven out and went back to where they came from. There's no way to tease out why the Israelites abandoned the serpent god centuries later
That fails miserably.

Had you bothered to read the Septuagint:

Exodus 12:40 And the sojourning of the children of Israel, while they sojourned in the land of Egypt and the land of Canaan, four hundred and thirty years.

The Hebrews were always in Canaan, just as the Septuagint says, and those who weren't in Canaan weren't in Egypt-proper, rather they were in Canaanite lands under Egyptian suzerainty.

As far as the Hysos, their chief deity was Haddad, which is the same deity of the Hurrians and Hittites, and was Adad in the Sumerian/Akkadians pantheon, being the younger brother of Ninurta and son of Enlil.

On top of that, one of the Hyksos pharaohs was clearly an Amorite (Amorites were the founders of the Babylonian Empire), and the Amorites were at odds with the Hebrews, even before the Babylonian Empire arose.

Old 09-16-2018, 04:43 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,606,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
Why didn’t eve drop dead like god said would happen?
Quote:
Both Adam and Eve died spiritually on the spot upon eating of that tree. And In Peter it states-1000 years is as a day to God( 2Peter 3:8)--Both died before that day to God ended.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
Where in the bible does it say "spiritual death"?

Old 09-17-2018, 12:31 AM

15,293 posts, read 17,691,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post
Satan is not real. Neither is Yahweh/Jehovah.

The words I choose will only ever be heard (or seen) by the eyes of other, very mortal, non-divine, human beings. (Well, unless your cat is on your desk and looking at your screen while you read my post, for whatever reason).

Oh, I know you believe in all of that hocus-pocus, but the historicity of Yahweh and Jesus clearly shows that it's all a fiction. However, I know that no evidence will ever be good enough because your desire to believe overrides the logical part of your brain that *knows* that there are things truly amiss with what you "believe" is true.
It's obvious to anyone that Adam and Eve never existed, but the fundies have theologied themselves into a corner. If there was no Fall of Man there is no Original Sin. We don't need a savior because there is nothing to save us from. People got along fine for tens of thousands of years without Jesus or guilt theology.

Human consciousness depends on a functioning human brain. When you die, that's the end of the line. There is no life after death. Any religion that preaches it is a fraud, taking advantage of the wishful thinking of ignorant people. However, digging into the mythological roots of religion can be entertaining. The last judgment comes from the Egyptian Thoth. Armageddon and angels come from Zoroastrianism, as does Satan, though the Hyksos/Egyptian worship of the serpent god Seth (Set) is the origin of the serpent myth. Moses is a mash-up of multiple culture heroes. The murderer who ran way to the Kenites (descendents of Cain) is not the same guy as the one who was inducted into the family priesthood business by his father-in-law, Jethro. There are patterns of more ancient religions all through Judaism, Christianity and Islam. The current Christian obsession with heaven was adopted from Islam during the Crusades. If Muslims got to go to paradise when they died, so did Christians.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality