Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2018, 06:22 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,920,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
So if I litter I am worshipping Satan? If I pick up someone else's litter am I then worshipping your God?

Most people are more good than bad but according to you if they do a single thing bad they are devil worshippers. As I stated before I had read enough Watchtower mags to realize just how lacking thought and logic your religion is.

Satan does not exist, or at least there is insufficient evidence for his mere existence let alone for him controlling 99% of the world's population.

( FACTS of history)
The encyclopedias clearly show the added pagan practices straight off the table of demons to both Christmas and Easter, to many celebrations.
Do ones actually think my teachers just make stuff up - The facts are there--They even went so far as to name the spring celebration after the false goddess involved in the rites of spring festivals, Ishtar( pronounced-easter) --Astarte in another language.( bunnies, dyed eggs of Pasch, hot cross buns added as well)
And Christmas--Santa( satan) steals 98% of the holiday away from Jesus. Jesus gets 2%, turned into a commercial greed holiday.
Satan transforming into an angel of light.( 2Cor 11:12-15
It is the same with the image of the beast. It will look good to the mortal heart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2018, 07:52 PM

28,099 posts, read 29,976,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
All except yours of course.

I'm always amazed to be alive in 2018 and to come across people that believe in 'demons'. So primitive. Yet they are allowed to vote and give us people like Trump!
And isn't his presidency proof of demons?

Old 09-13-2018, 10:25 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,393,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
And isn't his presidency proof of demons?
Shhh, we will get in trouble here!

Old 09-13-2018, 11:07 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,862,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Satan was created a perfect spirit being, With free will. God gave him great power and responsibility. He let it go to his head, he wanted worship. He rebelled and made Eve rebel with his lie and Adam stood up for Eve.
Which of course, your god would have known was going to happen, him being omnimax and all that!

Old 09-14-2018, 01:30 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,328,055 times
Quote:
( FACTS of history)
The encyclopedias clearly show the added pagan practices straight off the table of demons to both Christmas and Easter, to many celebrations.
Do ones actually think my teachers just make stuff up - The facts are there--They even went so far as to name the spring celebration after the false goddess involved in the rites of spring festivals, Ishtar( pronounced-easter) --Astarte in another language.( bunnies, dyed eggs of Pasch, hot cross buns added as well)
And Christmas--Santa( satan) steals 98% of the holiday away from Jesus. Jesus gets 2%, turned into a commercial greed holiday.
Satan transforming into an angel of light.( 2Cor 11:12-15
It is the same with the image of the beast. It will look good to the mortal heart.
And the Virgin birth and Noah's flood are taken from earlier religions. I understand that there are parts of Christians practice that are from other sourses, that is not in dispute. My MIL was JW. What I am saying is that JW is even worse than many other religions in their viewpoints about others.

I do not believe in Satan or your God and certainly not your religion. You express zero love or tolerance for others and you use your religious beliefs as a means on showing you who to be against.

Yes I eat hot cross buns but I also like scones and Mongolian food and none of that is worshipping let alone worshipping a very silly concept such as Satan. It's unfortunate that your teachers never helped you wirh the concept of thinking.

Old 09-14-2018, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
And the Virgin birth and Noah's flood are taken from earlier religions. I understand that there are parts of Christians practice that are from other sourses, that is not in dispute. My MIL was JW. What I am saying is that JW is even worse than many other religions in their viewpoints about others.

I do not believe in Satan or your God and certainly not your religion. You express zero love or tolerance for others and you use your religious beliefs as a means on showing you who to be against.

Yes I eat hot cross buns but I also like scones and Mongolian food and none of that is worshipping let alone worshipping a very silly concept such as Satan. It's unfortunate that your teachers never helped you wirh the concept of thinking.

It has 0 to do with worship. It has everything to do with partaking off the table of demons( 1Cor 10:21)
By sacrificing ones self for Jesus out of LOVE--the true followers do as Jesus taught-Luke 10--Acts 20:20

Old 09-14-2018, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Which of course, your god would have known was going to happen, him being omnimax and all that!

With free will, there was that possibility. I never heard him called omnimax--a man made word--what does it mean? It is not in the bible.

Old 09-14-2018, 06:27 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,608,522 times
Quote:
Satan was created a perfect spirit being, With free will. God gave him great power and responsibility. He let it go to his head, he wanted worship. He rebelled and made Eve rebel with his lie and Adam stood up for Eve. And 99% have been mislead by him throughout. The only exception would be in the OT days when Israel stood strong, but they fell over and over.
If that was what Satan was created for (to be the entity that tempts, tests, accuses, etc), how would he be 'rebelling' in anyway, by doing what he was created for?

Old 09-14-2018, 07:29 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,606,392 times

Old 09-14-2018, 08:17 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,862,986 times
Quote:
With free will, there was that possibility. I never heard him called omnimax--a man made word--what does it mean? It is not in the bible.
Omnipotent
Omniscient

Nothing to do with free will and everything to do with your god being Omnimax. All seeing and all knowing means that your god would have know, from the outset that 'Satan' would rebel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality