Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2018, 09:18 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,603,327 times

Advertisements

omnigod had to invent rebellion first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2018, 11:54 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,322,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
It has 0 to do with worship. It has everything to do with partaking off the table of demons( 1Cor 10:21)
By sacrificing ones self for Jesus out of LOVE--the true followers do as Jesus taught-Luke 10--Acts 20:20
I am more confused, first you said if we did anything your God didnt like we were worshiping Satan and now it is just partaking from his table. If everything is either about God or about Satan in your world I am very glad I am not of it. And 8t sure does not sound anything like love, more like blind submission and hoping there is actually something to your belief.

Old 09-14-2018, 01:45 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,916,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
I am more confused, first you said if we did anything your God didnt like we were worshiping Satan and now it is just partaking from his table. If everything is either about God or about Satan in your world I am very glad I am not of it. And 8t sure does not sound anything like love, more like blind submission and hoping there is actually something to your belief.

Yes you are confused, I agree. The teachings of Jesus back the JW teachers, 0 doubt about that. Jesus said--satan is the ruler of this world( system of things) you bet if God isn't there, he is.
For Example--Hollywood, music, video games--violence, immoral sex and the occult rule all 3--God hates all 3.

Old 09-14-2018, 01:48 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,176,355 times
Quote:
Yes you are confused, I agree. The teachings of Jesus back the JW teachers, 0 doubt about that. Jesus said--satan is the ruler of this world( system of things) you bet if God isn't there, he is.
For Example--Hollywood, music, video games--violence, immoral sex and the occult rule all 3--God hates all 3.

LOL. You know your god-thing's mind. You should charge admission.

Old 09-14-2018, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Omnipotent
Omniscient

Nothing to do with free will and everything to do with your god being Omnimax. All seeing and all knowing means that your god would have know, from the outset that 'Satan' would rebel.

No where does it say--God is all knowing. certain teachers twist what is said, The bible does not say God is omniscient-- Why would God make a covenant with Israel, and then realize mortals could not live by that covenant( written law) then send Jesus with a new covenant= Love? Most cant do that either.
Why would God say that he desires all to repentence if he knew most wouldn't?
The future God predicts is what his will, will do to accomplish those future teachings.

Old 09-14-2018, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
LOL. You know your god-thing's mind. You should charge admission.
The darkness does exactly that. The bible teaches about Gods truth--You have received freely, give freely.

Old 09-14-2018, 02:30 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,322,357 times
Quote:
Only if one believes in a God or in your God and if one believes in Jesus. I am only confused because you change what you mean when asked. I am not confused about you believing a bunch of nonsense. If G9d hates violence he should not read the Old Testament. I'll leave it to your personal expertise on sex, violence and the occult ruling music or movies. Harry Potter must freak you all out.

Old 09-14-2018, 06:46 PM

18,249 posts, read 16,912,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
All except yours of course.

I'm always amazed to be alive in 2018 and to come across people that believe in 'demons'. So primitive. Yet they are allowed to vote and give us people like Trump!
It' not our faults. The devil made us vote for Trump. He even made some of us like him.

Old 09-14-2018, 10:32 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,855,009 times
Quote:
No where does it say--God is all knowing. certain teachers twist what is said, The bible does not say God is omniscient--...
God is Omniscient - Old Testament Evidence
“Remember the former things, those of long ago; I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me. I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come. (Isaiah 46:9-10).

“Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O LORD” (Psalm 139:4).

“O LORD, you have searched me and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways” (Psalm 139:1-3).

From heaven the LORD looks down and sees all mankind; from his dwelling place he watches all who live on earth—he who forms the hearts of all, who considers everything they do” (Psalm 33:13-15).

God is Omniscient – The New Testament Evidence
“Nothing in all creation is hidden from God’s sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account” (Hebrews 4:13).

...but if all that isn't true then that would certainly explain all the c*ck-ups your god has made.

Old 09-14-2018, 10:32 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,586,929 times
Quote:
Now Im confused...arent all those things what satan supposedly wanted in the first place (to be the ruler of our world, to be worshiped, to help spread immorality, evil, etc?)

If he rebelled against God, it wouldnt make sense for God to turn around give him what he was wanting, if God wanted to punish Satan for rebelling, he could have just removed Satans ability to have influence over us or our world....when the farmer catches the fox trying to get into the chicken coop, he generally makes it impossible for the fox to gain entry...NOT open the door for him!

Im sorry to say but when you really scrutinize the story of Satans 'fall/ rebellion', it doesnt make much sense at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality