Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2018, 10:41 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,865,041 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Im sorry to say but when you really scrutinize the story of Satans 'fall/ rebellion', it doesnt make much sense at all.
...and the rest of what you believe does??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2018, 04:03 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,047,648 times
Quote:
Now Im confused...arent all those things what satan supposedly wanted in the first place (to be the ruler of our world, to be worshiped, to help spread immorality, evil, etc?)

If he rebelled against God, it wouldnt make sense for God to turn around give him what he was wanting, if God wanted to punish Satan for rebelling, he could have just removed Satans ability to have influence over us or our world....when the farmer catches the fox trying to get into the chicken coop, he generally makes it impossible for the fox to gain entry...NOT open the door for him!

Im sorry to say but when you really scrutinize the story of Satans 'fall/ rebellion', it doesnt make much sense at all.
That’s because Satan is not the enemy of G-d...The Torah shows that he is simply an angel of G-d that He uses to test man’s worthiness...That is what Job is all about...

Old 09-15-2018, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
No where does it say--God is all knowing. certain teachers twist what is said, The bible does not say God is omniscient-- Why would God make a covenant with Israel, and then realize mortals could not live by that covenant( written law) then send Jesus with a new covenant= Love? Most cant do that either.
Why would God say that he desires all to repentence if he knew most wouldn't?
The future God predicts is what his will, will do to accomplish those future teachings.

Yeshayahu - Isaiah - Chapter 46

10 [i] tell the end from the beginning, and from before, what was not done; [i] say, 'My counsel shall stand, and all My desire I will do.'

Old 09-15-2018, 05:18 AM

6,366 posts, read 2,920,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
That’s because Satan is not the enemy of G-d...The Torah shows that he is simply an angel of G-d that He uses to test man’s worthiness...That is what Job is all about...

Then Why does Michael battle satan and his angels kick them out of heaven forever? Why when Jesus comes at Har-mageddon he captures satan and abysses him for 1000 years, then loosed for a little while then destroyed in the lake of fire?
How is it that in Genesis, satan fathered a lie which this system is now the result> totally antichrist=99% of this world. Brought death and pain and suffering to all. You really think you know God? That is NOT Gods will.

Old 09-15-2018, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Yeshayahu - Isaiah - Chapter 46

10 [i] tell the end from the beginning, and from before, what was not done; [i] say, 'My counsel shall stand, and all My desire I will do.'

Yes, Gods will is what he sees in the future.

Old 09-15-2018, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Only if one believes in a God or in your God and if one believes in Jesus. I am only confused because you change what you mean when asked. I am not confused about you believing a bunch of nonsense. If G9d hates violence he should not read the Old Testament. I'll leave it to your personal expertise on sex, violence and the occult ruling music or movies. Harry Potter must freak you all out.

Satan has 99% beat--he gets them to partake off of his table-1Cor 10:21--God says if one does, they cannot partake off of his table--yet this is the majority of God worshippers path. They don't even know it because their blind guides never warned them what is on satans table.
In BOTH celebrations they hand to Jesus-The encyclopedias( fact of history) clearly show both are filled with pagan practices off the table of demons. I am glad my teachers cared enough to warn us. Why does one think Jesus said to be NO PART of this world.

Old 09-15-2018, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
God is Omniscient - Old Testament Evidence
“Remember the former things, those of long ago; I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me. I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come. (Isaiah 46:9-10).

“Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O LORD” (Psalm 139:4).

“O LORD, you have searched me and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways” (Psalm 139:1-3).

From heaven the LORD looks down and sees all mankind; from his dwelling place he watches all who live on earth—he who forms the hearts of all, who considers everything they do” (Psalm 33:13-15).

God is Omniscient – The New Testament Evidence
“Nothing in all creation is hidden from God’s sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account” (Hebrews 4:13).

...but if all that isn't true then that would certainly explain all the c*ck-ups your god has made.

Yes, God knows 100% what his will ,will accomplish in the future. It cannot be stopped. God didn't make any mistakes. Its mortals who lack intelligence.

Old 09-15-2018, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Yes, Gods will is what he sees in the future.
If everything turns out exactly the way G-d wants it down to the minutest detail, then I’d say that that is omniscience...

Old 09-15-2018, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Now Im confused...arent all those things what satan supposedly wanted in the first place (to be the ruler of our world, to be worshiped, to help spread immorality, evil, etc?)

If he rebelled against God, it wouldnt make sense for God to turn around give him what he was wanting, if God wanted to punish Satan for rebelling, he could have just removed Satans ability to have influence over us or our world....when the farmer catches the fox trying to get into the chicken coop, he generally makes it impossible for the fox to gain entry...NOT open the door for him!

I see, you don't understand the events of Eden.--- When satan told Eve they would become like God, knowing good and bad if they ate of that tree, he was not saying they would be God, he was saying. If we knew both sides ourselves, we could choose for ourselves the best path to lasting happiness, and we would not need to listen to Gods advice= a direct challenge to Gods universal sovereignty in front of all living beings( 2 mortals, millions of angels)--If he killed them on the spot, none of us ever would have been born. The seed would have died. So once and for all time. God is letting it be proved one way or the other. Do we as mortals need to listen to Gods advice by using our free will to choose that path. Or is satan correct and this system is the result.
God = mortals know only good. live in perfection, never sick, not aging like now, not dying.
Satan= choose our own path, get sick, suffer then die.
99% are choosing wrong.

Old 09-15-2018, 06:33 AM

Quote:
I see, you don't understand the events of Eden.--- When satan told Eve they would become like God, knowing good and bad if they ate of that tree, he was not saying they would be God, he was saying. If we knew both sides ourselves, we could choose for ourselves the best path to lasting happiness, and we would not need to listen to Gods advice= a direct challenge to Gods universal sovereignty in front of all living beings( 2 mortals, millions of angels)--If he killed them on the spot, none of us ever would have been born. The seed would have died. So once and for all time. God is letting it be proved one way or the other. Do we as mortals need to listen to Gods advice by using our free will to choose that path. Or is satan correct and this system is the result.
God = mortals know only good. live in perfection, never sick, not aging like now, not dying.
Satan= choose our own path, get sick, suffer then die.
99% are choosing wrong.
Obviously, Satan told the truth because G-d agreed with him...

Berei**** - Genesis - Chapter 3

5 For God knows that on the day that you eat thereof, your eyes will be opened, and you will be like angels, knowing good and evil."

22 Now the Lord God said, "Behold man has become like one of us, having the ability of knowing good and evil, and now, lest he stretch forth his hand and take also from the Tree of Life and eat and live forever."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality