Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2018, 10:10 AM

2,074 posts, read 2,163,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Oh, now there's an unbiased website.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxqH...&start_radio=1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2018, 10:44 AM

4,747 posts, read 2,350,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
"The soul, in its existence prior to becoming an indweller in the mortal body, has a consciousness of its existence and of its relationship to God and to other parts of the Great Soul, and more especially of the duplex character of its being; and by this I mean the sexual differences in the two parts of the soul, which, in the way that they are united, constitutes the one complete soul.

When the time comes for this soul to become an indweller in the mortal frame, the two parts that I speak of separate, and only one of the parts enters at the same time into a mortal and never into the same mortal; and while this separation is necessary for the individualization of each part of this one complete soul, yet the two parts never lose that interrelationship, or the binding qualities that existed before their separation, and which continue to exist thereafter, and in the great future, after the work of individualization shall be completed, will come together again and reunite in a complete one."

Soulmates and the Incarnation of the Soul
Where exactly is THIS described in the Bible? And if it's not found in the Bible, what difference is there be between this, and something someone simply made up and declared to be true?

And if your statement has simply been made up and declared to be true, what difference is there between your statement of faith and this statement of faith?

"I worship the lotus feet of Ganesha, the son of Uma, the destroyer of all sorrows, who is served by the host of gods and elementals, and who takes the essence of the kapittha-jarnbu fruit." -- Hindu prayer

Or this statement of faith?

"Glory be to you O Allah, and all praises are due to you, and blessed is your name and high is your majesty and none is worthy of worship but you." -- Muslim prayer

In what obvious way is your make believe any different from the things that others genuinely believe and declare to be true?

Old 09-30-2018, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
Where exactly is THIS described in the Bible? And if it's not found in the Bible, what difference is there be between this, and something someone simply made up and declared to be true?

And if your statement has simply been made up and declared to be true, what difference is there between your statement of faith and this statement of faith?

"I worship the lotus feet of Ganesha, the son of Uma, the destroyer of all sorrows, who is served by the host of gods and elementals, and who takes the essence of the kapittha-jarnbu fruit." -- Hindu prayer

Or this statement of faith?

"Glory be to you O Allah, and all praises are due to you, and blessed is your name and high is your majesty and none is worthy of worship but you." -- Muslim prayer

In what obvious way is your make believe any different from the things that others genuinely believe and declare to be true?
Genesis 2:18 Then the Lord God said, “It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a helper fit for him.”

Adam and Eve are Soulmates

"I and my soulmate lived in a paradise, which God had given us, and were very happy until the great fall."

1 Peter 1:22 Having purified your souls by your obedience to the truth for a sincere brotherly love, clove one another earnestly from a pure heart...

John 4:24 God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.”

From a Hindu website. The underlined sentences are those I also believe.

"'In whatever (manner) they approach Me, in the same manner I reward them. O Partha, human beings follow My path in every way.'

This verse gives the assurance that you can approach God in any way you want and you will be rewarded suitably. God is like a mirror. He is unconditional love, who reflects your thoughts, desires and attitudes exactly as you want. He will not decide what to give you, what you should want or what you should choose for yourself. That responsibility rests with you. It is up to you whether you approach him for material rewards, for spiritual liberation, or for removal of obstacles and difficulties. Whatever want you express to Him, He will manifest that for you."

Difference in my belief and Hinduism. They believe in reincarnation and I do not.

From an Islamic Beliefs website. The underlined sentences are those I also believe.

"From the Hadith we understand that Allah assigns an Angel to "breathe" soul into an embryo after 40 days of pregnancy. Generally, it is believed that all living beings comprise two aspects during their existence: The physical (being the body) and the non-physical (being the soul). The non-physical aspect, namely the soul, is one's soul-related activities like his/her feelings and emotions, thoughts, conscious and sub-conscious desires and objectives. While the body and its physical actions serve as a "reflection" of one's soul, whether it was good or evil, and thus "confirms" the extent of such intentions."

Difference in my belief and Islamic belief. They believe in the judgment day and eternal hell. I do not.

Old 09-30-2018, 01:36 PM

4,747 posts, read 2,350,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009
Difference in my belief and Hinduism. They believe in reincarnation and I do not.
You believe that a corpse came back to life and flew away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009
From an Islamic Beliefs website. The underlined sentences are those I also believe.

"From the Hadith we understand that Allah assigns an Angel to "breathe" soul into an embryo after 40 days of pregnancy. Generally, it is believed that all living beings comprise two aspects during their existence: The physical (being the body) and the non-physical (being the soul). The non-physical aspect, namely the soul, is one's soul-related activities like his/her feelings and emotions, thoughts, conscious and sub-conscious desires and objectives. While the body and its physical actions serve as a "reflection" of one's soul, whether it was good or evil, and thus "confirms" the extent of such intentions."

Difference in my belief and Islamic belief. They believe in the judgment day and eternal hell. I do not.
The differences go somewhat further.

"That they said (in boast) "We have killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the apostle of Allah";-- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not:--" (Koran, Su 4:157).

Old 09-30-2018, 02:37 PM

50,837 posts, read 24,347,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
And my lips are sealed ...as a reminder to anyone ...
phet and I had coffee last month...a perfect gentleman.
Oh pshaw.

Old 09-30-2018, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Whatever it is you think that proved...nope.

Old 09-30-2018, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Genesis 2:18 Then the Lord God said, “It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a helper fit for him.â€

Adam and Eve are Soulmates

"I and my soulmate lived in a paradise, which God had given us, and were very happy until the great fall."

1 Peter 1:22 Having purified your souls by your obedience to the truth for a sincere brotherly love, clove one another earnestly from a pure heart...

John 4:24 God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.â€

From a Hindu website. The underlined sentences are those I also believe.

"'In whatever (manner) they approach Me, in the same manner I reward them. O Partha, human beings follow My path in every way.'

This verse gives the assurance that you can approach God in any way you want and you will be rewarded suitably. God is like a mirror. He is unconditional love, who reflects your thoughts, desires and attitudes exactly as you want. He will not decide what to give you, what you should want or what you should choose for yourself. That responsibility rests with you. It is up to you whether you approach him for material rewards, for spiritual liberation, or for removal of obstacles and difficulties. Whatever want you express to Him, He will manifest that for you."

Wow! Now that you've provided scripture...all us atheists just have to believe!

I've said it before, but I'll say it again. When you're talking to people who don't believe in the bible...and to prove your point you quote the bible...well, what is it you think you've proven?

Old 09-30-2018, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
You believe that a corpse came back to life and flew away.
Nope. At death, it's not about the corpse. It can be buried or cremated. It doesn't matter. What "lives" is the spirit/soul inside the corpse.

"When I realized that the time had come for me to go, I did not fear to do so, but calmly waited and thought that all my sufferings would soon end. And when my spirit left the body, I commenced to feel as if I was rising out of it and that I was going upward to the place that I had so often heard my father speak about."

Helen describes her passing

Quote:
The differences go somewhat further.

"That they said (in boast) "We have killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the apostle of Allah";-- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not:--" (Koran, Su 4:157).
From what I've read, the Muslims don't believe Jesus is God. This is my belief. But I do believe he was crucified.

Christians believe Jesus is God and he died on the cross to save our sins. I do not.

Old 09-30-2018, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Whatever it is you think that proved...nope.
I was yearning for some peace within.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqybaIesbuA

Old 09-30-2018, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Wow! Now that you've provided scripture...all us atheists just have to believe!

I've said it before, but I'll say it again. When you're talking to people who don't believe in the bible...and to prove your point you quote the bible...well, what is it you think you've proven?
Hey, I know how you like reading... I was just giving you something to ponder.. considering my reply was to someone other than you. lol!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality