Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2018, 12:02 AM

63,822 posts, read 40,118,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
I believe what I have highlighted above. The supernatural is in reality natural. It's how we're created.

Think of this. A baby prior to being born is attached to it's mother's womb by an umbilical cord. When birth time arrives, the cord is cut and, thankfully in the majority of instances, the baby is born on this earth. It's now ready to embark on the human experience path.

Inside this baby is a soul which is encased in a spirit body. This spirit body is attached to the physical body by a silver cord. A spirit body may have OBEs or NDEs while it's inside the physical body. However, those experiences don't bring about a cutting of the cord. It is death of the physical body that causes the cut and when that happens a spirit is born in the spirit world. It's now ready to embark on the spiritual experience path.

I believe that the earth is the image of the spirit world and spirits are just as real and substantial as humans but without a skeleton and organs. I believe they communicate with each other by mental telepathy and can visit the earth at their will and they can also communicate with us.

I believe Jesus died and arose from the dead just like every human being does. I believe Jesus rose up just as Helen did in my prior post. Helen writes that her mother-in-law was with her when she passed. I don't know who was with Jesus, but just a guess it was someone very important to him in his life... maybe his Grandmother or Grandfather.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2018, 08:42 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,397,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Everything ends. We become wormfood in the end, and then the sun explodes, and the solar system is gone. Then the galaxy collapses and it is gone. Then the universe collapses, and we still continue to be part of the mult-verse. The another big bang occurs, as gravitational forces from those other universes start the whole cycle all over again. It may take a few billion of years for all of that to happen.
Sounds like you would like the book, "The Disappearance of the Universe".

Ha, not everything ends...no big ...you would not believe in it...and that's fine.
Not my job to convince you of anything.

Old 10-04-2018, 11:23 AM

4,747 posts, read 2,351,362 times
Quote:
I believe what I have highlighted above. The supernatural is in reality natural. It's how we're created.

Think of this. A baby prior to being born is attached to it's mother's womb by an umbilical cord. When birth time arrives, the cord is cut and, thankfully in the majority of instances, the baby is born on this earth. It's now ready to embark on the human experience path.
Yes, I cut my son's umbilical myself. And then the nurse handed him to me and I got to meet my new boy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009
Inside this baby is a soul which is encased in a spirit body. This spirit body is attached to the physical body by a silver cord. A spirit body may have OBEs or NDEs while it's inside the physical body. However, those experiences don't bring about a cutting of the cord. It is death of the physical body that causes the cut and when that happens a spirit is born in the spirit world. It's now ready to embark on the spiritual experience path.
Explain the difference between this statement and pure utter make believe. Because I don't see any difference. You simply made this up out of your imagination. My experience with make believe, and I am 70 years old, so my experience is almost certainly greater than yours, is that make believe has absolutely no effect on reality. Things are not so, simply because we declared them to be so. Which is why I am not a billionaire.

Scientific studies on OBE's and NDE's have shown them to often be the result of the brain reacting to external forces. Often it is because of lack of oxygen. Sometimes though it can occur when we are simply dreaming. But you see, the experiences have no physical reality. They are occurring entirely within the mind of the person experiencing them.

Quote:
I believe that the earth is the image of the spirit world and spirits are just as real and substantial as humans but without a skeleton and organs. I believe they communicate with each other by mental telepathy and can visit the earth at their will and they can also communicate with us.
You believe this to be so because it appeals to you. But in fact you simply made it up out of your imagination. Or you were told that this is so by others, and you do not question it. There is no physical evidence for a "spirit world." Nor is there any tangible reason to suppose that the things you, or anyone else, imagines to be true have any physical validity. Things which are imagined to be true but for with there is no physical evidence are relegated to the realm of make believe. Make believe is very common among humans and always has been. But the difference between make believe and physical reality is quite profound. It's like the difference between talking to an invisible friend, and talking to someone on your cell phone.

Quote:
I believe Jesus died and arose from the dead just like every human being does. I believe Jesus rose up just as Helen did in my prior post. Helen writes that her mother-in-law was with her when she passed. I don't know who was with Jesus, but just a guess it was someone very important to him in his life... maybe his Grandmother or Grandfather.
According to Gospel John 20:26-27, the risen Jesus could pass through solid walls, yet also had a physical body. Acts 1:9 indicates that Jesus bodily lifted off of the ground and flew off up into the sky. Is this nonsense, or do you believe it to be true?

Old 10-04-2018, 10:25 PM

2,074 posts, read 2,164,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
This sounds great, but why do you have a belief in spirits or a spirit world? What makes you believe it exists, and what did you do to determine this?
One summer day back in the day when my family lived in the country, my little sister and brother were playing out in a field when they heard a voice call out to them, "Do not be afraid little children, I will not hurt you."

I don't remember how old I was when I had a dream about Jesus. He was standing in the front yard where we had about a half dozen trees and there were sheep all over the place. That was such a vivid dream that I never forgot it.

Anyway, I've always had a belief in a place called Heaven and that's where we go after we die. But I wasn't a fan of the bible nor of the belief that after our death our dead body stays in the grave for 2,000 years until Jesus comes down off a big white cloud... and then it's beam me up Scotty. I just could not believe it.

When I read the spirit communications in the True Gospel Revealed Anew by Jesus, there was no doubt in my mind that they're true. The information in the writings just blew me away and I had never been so excited in my life about what's to come.

Spirits are us. Just in a different dimension. They can see us, but most of us... like me, can't see them. They are our family and friends, bosses and co-workers. They are people who pass over every day. They don't just sit around. They do things and some have assignments. They have homes with gardens. They have parties and music. There are cities and countries and lakes and rivers. There are universities and places of learning as well as places of worship. This is Heaven.

But there's a higher Heaven... that's where I aspire to. Where Jesus is in the Celestial Heavens.

Old 10-05-2018, 10:31 AM

Quote:
One summer day back in the day when my family lived in the country, my little sister and brother were playing out in a field when they heard a voice call out to them, "Do not be afraid little children, I will not hurt you."

I don't remember how old I was when I had a dream about Jesus. He was standing in the front yard where we had about a half dozen trees and there were sheep all over the place. That was such a vivid dream that I never forgot it.

Anyway, I've always had a belief in a place called Heaven and that's where we go after we die. But I wasn't a fan of the bible nor of the belief that after our death our dead body stays in the grave for 2,000 years until Jesus comes down off a big white cloud... and then it's beam me up Scotty. I just could not believe it.

When I read the spirit communications in the True Gospel Revealed Anew by Jesus, there was no doubt in my mind that they're true. The information in the writings just blew me away and I had never been so excited in my life about what's to come.

Spirits are us. Just in a different dimension. They can see us, but most of us... like me, can't see them. They are our family and friends, bosses and co-workers. They are people who pass over every day. They don't just sit around. They do things and some have assignments. They have homes with gardens. They have parties and music. There are cities and countries and lakes and rivers. There are universities and places of learning as well as places of worship. This is Heaven.

But there's a higher Heaven... that's where I aspire to. Where Jesus is in the Celestial Heavens.

What does Jesus look like, exactly? In your dream, was he wearing a name tag that said "Jesus?" Or did you know him on sight?

Old 10-05-2018, 11:27 AM

SoCalAngel...pls don't entertain, smart-alicks.
Dogs and being trampled, remember...waste of time, you're too sweet to be mocked...
probably don't recognize that you are.
Take care.

Old 10-05-2018, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
SoCalAngel...pls don't entertain, smart-alicks.
Dogs and being trampled, remember...waste of time, you're too sweet to be mocked...
probably don't recognize that you are.
Take care.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uM1MlQ0S64

Old 10-05-2018, 03:00 PM

3,429 posts, read 2,735,118 times
Just for fun, I'm going to suggest that "conscience" is grounded in an interplay between two (or, anyway, at least two) neurological functions that we routinely identify as "I". The ego-I is the concept of "self" that we have in mind when we distinguish ourselves from other people. My ego-self is biologically distinct from yours because our brains are distinct physical processes. But in addition to the everyday concept of ego-self, there is a more general concept of self that stems from the fact that we are all conscious beings. This is a shared property - a "universal" in the lingo of philosophers - and when it comes to this concept of self, we are all (in a certain manner of speaking) "the same self". Just like two bowling balls can share certain properties such as roundness, size, "having finger holes" etc., two brains (actually, the brains of all conscious beings) can share certain properties, and the nature of Reality is such that we share this property of "having perspectival subjective experiences" and this shared property is the qualitative "feeling of being me, here, now" (the "center" of the perspective). There are numerous shared aspects of this "universal self" and I'm going to suggest that one of these shared aspects involves a tendency to make moral judgments.

In many cases we don't agree on specific morals because specific moral choices involve an interplay of the two aspects of self, i.e., the ego-self and the universal self. The ego-self is always grounded in historical/cultural contexts, whereas the universal self is more like a mathematical relationship - something that is essentially independent of particular contexts. The "universal self" does not, as such, make specific moral decisions, but various characteristics of the universal self would need to be taken into account if we want to really understand how it is that we are able to make moral decisions in the first place. (I put "universal self" in scare quotes because it is not a "mental substance" over and above the ego-selves - it is more like a network of shared properties held in common by all ego selves (due to the fact that they are all conscious beings).

That "inner voice" of conscience is universal insofar at it is a qualitative feeling of "there is a right way" or the feeling of "a moral judgment called for in this case," but the bottom line of how to respond to that feeling comes down, to a great extent, upon the presuppositions, etc., of the situationally-embedded ego-self. In other words, the "whisper" is universal, but what the whisper "says" and/or our response to the whisper is contextually influenced.

Old 10-05-2018, 04:48 PM

Tired....VERY FUNNY!

Gaylenwoof...I loved the whole post!!

Old 10-05-2018, 04:57 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,591,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylenwoof View Post
Just for fun, I'm going to suggest that "conscience" is grounded in an interplay between two (or, anyway, at least two) neurological functions that we routinely identify as "I". The ego-I is the concept of "self" that we have in mind when we distinguish ourselves from other people. My ego-self is biologically distinct from yours because our brains are distinct physical processes. But in addition to the everyday concept of ego-self, there is a more general concept of self that stems from the fact that we are all conscious beings. This is a shared property - a "universal" in the lingo of philosophers - and when it comes to this concept of self, we are all (in a certain manner of speaking) "the same self". Just like two bowling balls can share certain properties such as roundness, size, "having finger holes" etc., two brains (actually, the brains of all conscious beings) can share certain properties, and the nature of Reality is such that we share this property of "having perspectival subjective experiences" and this shared property is the qualitative "feeling of being me, here, now" (the "center" of the perspective). There are numerous shared aspects of this "universal self" and I'm going to suggest that one of these shared aspects involves a tendency to make moral judgments.

In many cases we don't agree on specific morals because specific moral choices involve an interplay of the two aspects of self, i.e., the ego-self and the universal self. The ego-self is always grounded in historical/cultural contexts, whereas the universal self is more like a mathematical relationship - something that is essentially independent of particular contexts. The "universal self" does not, as such, make specific moral decisions, but various characteristics of the universal self would need to be taken into account if we want to really understand how it is that we are able to make moral decisions in the first place. (I put "universal self" in scare quotes because it is not a "mental substance" over and above the ego-selves - it is more like a network of shared properties held in common by all ego selves (due to the fact that they are all conscious beings).

That "inner voice" of conscience is universal insofar at it is a qualitative feeling of "there is a right way" or the feeling of "a moral judgment called for in this case," but the bottom line of how to respond to that feeling comes down, to a great extent, upon the presuppositions, etc., of the situationally-embedded ego-self. In other words, the "whisper" is universal, but what the whisper "says" and/or our response to the whisper is contextually influenced.

yup, i call it filtering through the body. the universe is universal, more precisely, quantum computing on "small-scale" and larger data sets being processed on larger scales. stuck in the middle of this processing? well, that's where we come in. We are a data set being processed in a larger set of events.

good psot gray
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality