Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2018, 01:32 AM

301 posts, read 296,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
Personal experience by following the Divine Love path for over 40 years and a belief in the spirit communications contained in four volumes of True Gospel Revealed Anew by Jesus... available all over the World Wide Web... and especially my favorite website owned by a dear friend:

Truth for all People

That isn't evidence. It's your experience and belief which translates to nothing more than an opinion which just like ... noses... everyone has one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Well, I personally believe that every person is born with the light of Christ in them. It doesn't matter where they're born or how they're raised; that light is there. I suppose it is roughly equivalent to "conscience." It's because of this belief that I feel that a person does not need to be a theist in order to commit a sin. As Christians, we think of a sin as being an intentional violation of a religious law. But nobody needs to have read the Bible or gone to Sunday School to know that murder is wrong. If I were to ask pretty much any atheist I've ever known whether he'd consider killing someone he disliked, provided he was 100% sure he'd never be caught, I think every last one would say, "No." And if pressed to give a reason, it would somehow be a variant of "It's wrong." It may not be "wrong" to him because of the biblical commandment, "Thou shalt not kill," but it would be a clear violation of his conscience.

Personally believing in something is fine, but again in terms of scientifically proving something, normally equated to almost nothing.

And as far as would people kill with being 100% sure of not being caught is easily dis-proven. Evidence (Court cases for murder), shows that there are both Christians, Atheists, and just about every type of belief system out there including religious leaders that do somehow hate someone so much that they do murder another human even with a less than 100% chance of getting caught.

MysticPhD - Awesome description. Thank you.

There is lots of other evidence that your inner voice is not God, or even a God. Because it does vary greatly from person to person. There are huge differences in the consciousnesses. The same can be said for different cultures. I doubt your inner voice endorses cannibalism. My atheist one certainly doesn't but there are still some cultures today that do support it and their members do believe it.

Finally, it's an observed fact that people's inner voice can be changed. Through alcohol, different chemicals and drugs. Probably the most direct evidence has been the people that have undergone injury to their brain and suddenly their morality can change severely dramatically. There is a great deal of historical evidence that supports this.
0 Links
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2018, 07:30 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,393,070 times
This was posted in the Religion ans Spirituality section...not a Science section.
Proof is not needed in this 'discussion of ideas thread', AtheistAstroGuy!?

Religion and Spirituality is based on personal belief and experience, period.
So gang? Keep posting your beliefs and thoughts on the topic, please.

AAG, people are clearly saying they 'believe' and I am interested in their ideas.
They are not proselytizing...this is a discussion, thus, do not need to be asked to provide
any proof for you...or be told their beliefs mean nothing.
Beliefs are the backbone of a group of humans you know little about.

Gang? Your ideas and beliefs mean something to ME.

Old 09-23-2018, 03:00 PM

2,074 posts, read 2,163,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheistAstroGuy View Post
That isn't evidence. It's your experience and belief which translates to nothing more than an opinion which just like ... noses... everyone has one.

Personally believing in something is fine, but again in terms of scientifically proving something, normally equated to almost nothing.
If you want to scientifically prove what I am experiencing, then it will be up to you to do the experiment. You will need to ask God to open up your soul to receive His Divine Love. In this experiment, no matter how long it takes for the result to materialize, you will eventually receive a spiritual reaction to your material action. Inertia in this experiment just won't cut it. It requires due diligence and curiosity for a successful outcome, which will surely come if you're persistent.

P.S. Your soul knows what your mind won't accept.

Last edited by SoCalAngel2009; 09-23-2018 at 03:25 PM..

Old 09-23-2018, 03:29 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,597,574 times
Quote:
If you want to scientifically prove what I am experiencing, then it will be up to you to do the experiment. You will need to ask God to open up your soul to receive His Divine Love. In this experiment, no matter how long it takes for the result to materialize, you will eventually receive a spiritual reaction to your material action. Inertia in this experiment just won't cut it. It requires due diligence and curiosity for a successful outcome, which will surely come if you're persistent.

P.S. Your soul knows what your mind won't accept.
OK, tell us exactly how does one "open up your soul". What does that mean in real life. I know it's a common phrase, but what does that truly mean? What is my soul? How does one open it?

How would I know what you did would work for me?

Old 09-23-2018, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
OK, tell us exactly how does one "open up your soul". What does that mean in real life. I know it's a common phrase, but what does that truly mean? What is my soul? How does one open it?

How would I know what you did would work for me?
Well, first of all it's worked for me, my sister, my daughter, and all my Divine Love friends... so it'll work for you.

Our soul is the living energy inside of us. Souls are created by God in the Heavens prior to being born. At it's incarnation into the baby inside the mother's womb, an invisible spirit body is developed to protect our soul. And our soul/spirit body is the exact size of our physical body. It's this spirit body/soul which passes over into the next world after we "die."

In order for our soul to awaken so that it becomes a "live" soul, God sends His highest spirits designated for the job to influence our soul to wake up! He does this after we become aware that we can receive His Divine Love. Even though this Love has been available since Jesus first received it, this information isn't well known. However, the good news is that people are receiving it without their knowledge of exactly what it is.

This is the Prayer for Divine Love that asks God to send His Holy Spirit to deliver it to our soul.

Prayer for Divine Love

I read it every night before bedtime and it took about a month of reading and then one night I felt a jolt near my solar plexus. Whoa! I wondered if this was it. Yep!

The coolest thing about this is if you're not a very religious person, which I wasn't at the time, I just read the prayer and forgot about it. Our religious or non-religious belief doesn't matter. This has now become a soul thing... our awakened soul has it's own faculties or soul perceptions which are very much like our five physical senses. Decades later, I still don't read the prayer much. My soul longings do all the work and whoosh! Here it comes.

I hope you will try this experiment... believe me you'll be jumping for joy if you do. It's really the most awesome thing in the world. Something money can't buy that is phenomenal.

Old 09-23-2018, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Well, first of all it's worked for me, my sister, my daughter, and all my Divine Love friends... so it'll work for you.

Our soul is the living energy inside of us. Souls are created by God in the Heavens prior to being born. At it's incarnation into the baby inside the mother's womb, an invisible spirit body is developed to protect our soul. And our soul/spirit body is the exact size of our physical body. It's this spirit body/soul which passes over into the next world after we "die."

In order for our soul to awaken so that it becomes a "live" soul, God sends His highest spirits designated for the job to influence our soul to wake up! He does this after we become aware that we can receive His Divine Love. Even though this Love has been available since Jesus first received it, this information isn't well known. However, the good news is that people are receiving it without their knowledge of exactly what it is.

This is the Prayer for Divine Love that asks God to send His Holy Spirit to deliver it to our soul.

Prayer for Divine Love

I read it every night before bedtime and it took about a month of reading and then one night I felt a jolt near my solar plexus. Whoa! I wondered if this was it. Yep!

The coolest thing about this is if you're not a very religious person, which I wasn't at the time, I just read the prayer and forgot about it. Our religious or non-religious belief doesn't matter. This has now become a soul thing... our awakened soul has it's own faculties or soul perceptions which are very much like our five physical senses. Decades later, I still don't read the prayer much. My soul longings do all the work and whoosh! Here it comes.

I hope you will try this experiment... believe me you'll be jumping for joy if you do. It's really the most awesome thing in the world. Something money can't buy that is phenomenal.
Well I've posted this before, but I will repeat it.

The best way of me describing my spirituality in more depth is the following:

We are part of the whole, and the whole is part of us. No sentient, anthropomorphic, omnipotent entity needed.

Nature is nature, and the atoms that came from the exploding stars, the ones that were cooked in the crucible of those stars, the ones that formed the elements which are found on earth and the universe, those same elements which were the foundation of life here on earth, the atoms where the ones in your left hand may well be from a different star and time than the one in your right hand, those atoms get reintroduced into the ecosystem whence they came from once our time on earth is done.

Those atoms were there before you were born, and they will continue to be there after you die. They will become new earth, feed new plants, which will feed those that come after you. They will become new rocks, and eventually, when our sun explodes, they will be cast into the vastness of the universe, and at some point form new solar systems, and continue to live on there.

We are part of the whole, and the whole is part of us.

Part of us lives on here on earth in the DNA we have passed on to our children, and they to thiers, and so forth. We live forever in their minds, and the collective memory that we possess from generations that came before us will continue in the generations that are to come.

No god, no spirit, no woo at all needed, and certainly no writings from bronzed aged, superstitious desert dwellers are needed to elucidate us. It is all real, backed by science, and very much can drive your personal spirituality.

Old 09-23-2018, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Well I've posted this before, but I will repeat it.

The best way of me describing my spirituality in more depth is the following:

We are part of the whole, and the whole is part of us. No sentient, anthropomorphic, omnipotent entity needed.

Nature is nature, and the atoms that came from the exploding stars, the ones that were cooked in the crucible of those stars, the ones that formed the elements which are found on earth and the universe, those same elements which were the foundation of life here on earth, the atoms where the ones in your left hand may well be from a different star and time than the one in your right hand, those atoms get reintroduced into the ecosystem whence they came from once our time on earth is done.

Those atoms were there before you were born, and they will continue to be there after you die. They will become new earth, feed new plants, which will feed those that come after you. They will become new rocks, and eventually, when our sun explodes, they will be cast into the vastness of the universe, and at some point form new solar systems, and continue to live on there.

Part of us lives on here on earth in the DNA we have passed on to our children, and they to thiers, and so forth. We live forever in their minds, and the collective memory that we possess from generations that came before us will continue in the generations that are to come.

No god, no spirit, no woo at all needed, and certainly no writings from bronzed aged, superstitious desert dwellers are needed to elucidate us. It is all real, backed by science, and very much can drive your personal spirituality.
You definitely have a different perspective. One that I don't happen to believe in, but I'll just say one day we will all know what the real truth is after we're no longer among the living beings of this earth life.

Old 09-23-2018, 07:13 PM

Quote:
You definitely have a different perspective. One that I don't happen to believe in, but I'll just say one day we will all know what the real truth is after we're no longer among the living beings of this earth life.
Yes, it is a different perspective, one I feel very comfortable with. I know it is backed by science, not faith. I know that this life is all we have, and we need to live it the best we can, for ourselves, our family, our community and our whole humanity.

When we are no longer here on this earth, things will be just like before we were born. We didn't no anything then, nor will be afterwards. Our only afterlife will be in the DNA we passed on.

Old 09-23-2018, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Yes, it is a different perspective, one I feel very comfortable with. I know it is backed by science, not faith. I know that this life is all we have, and we need to live it the best we can, for ourselves, our family, our community and our whole humanity.

When we are no longer here on this earth, things will be just like before we were born. We didn't no anything then, nor will be afterwards. Our only afterlife will be in the DNA we passed on.
Hmmm, one night I woke up in the middle of the night and heard my mother call my name... a nickname only she and other family members know... about a year after she died. I don't think... I know... she is alive as she ever was in the next world.

Old 09-23-2018, 10:40 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,195,004 times
Quote:
Hmmm, one night I woke up in the middle of the night and heard my mother call my name... a nickname only she and other family members know... about a year after she died. I don't think... I know... she is alive as she ever was in the next world.
The mind is an amazing apparatus.

No one - believer or non - can argue otherwise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality