Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2018, 11:46 PM

50,840 posts, read 24,359,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
Hmmm, one night I woke up in the middle of the night and heard my mother call my name... a nickname only she and other family members know... about a year after she died. I don't think... I know... she is alive as she ever was in the next world.
Or you dreamed it.

That was easy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2018, 08:12 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,397,063 times
SoCalAngel...Ha...my sister got herself in a snowy ditch about 4 yrs after dad passed.
She was in the country far from the next house with no cell phone!
Dad's voice said quickly in her head, "Gun it, don't let it stop."

She did and got herself out of a tilted, sideways situation.
She told me, "It was dad! I don't even talk like that ...I would never say, Gun it!".

That's just one story!

Old 09-25-2018, 08:35 PM

4,633 posts, read 3,469,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Well, I personally believe that every person is born with the light of Christ in them. It doesn't matter where they're born or how they're raised; that light is there. I suppose it is roughly equivalent to "conscience."

I agree with this, although I don't think everyone is born with light. I think some people are born with darkness. I think those born with light can go to the dark side...and I suppose those born with darkness can come to the light, but I think it's much easier for a light-bearer to go dark than the other way around. I think it takes a lot of rehabilitation for someone born in darkness to come into the light.

Old 09-25-2018, 08:43 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,199,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
I agree with this, although I don't think everyone is born with light. I think some people are born with darkness. I think those born with light can go to the dark side...and I suppose those born with darkness can come to the light, but I think it's much easier for a light-bearer to go dark than the other way around. I think it takes a lot of rehabilitation for someone born in darkness to come into the light.

Which is why I keep lifting fundies' rocks and shining a light on them. They scuttle away but I keep after them.

Old 09-25-2018, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Which is why I keep lifting fundies' rocks and shining a light on them. They scuttle away but I keep after them.

Everything in God's world has a purpose. What is the purpose of shining a light on so-called fundies, if what they're doing isn't harming anyone? You disliking what they do does not mean they are harming anyone. Those are two different things. So...what is your purpose? Serious question.

Old 09-25-2018, 08:55 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,199,290 times
Quote:
Everything in God's world has a purpose. What is the purpose of shining a light on so-called fundies, if what they're doing isn't harming anyone? You disliking what they do does not mean they are harming anyone. Those are two different things. So...what is your purpose? Serious question.

Fundies DO harm others. I've seen it in my family and in others. That you do not, simply identifies you as one of them. I'll keep my light aimed your way from now on.

Old 09-25-2018, 09:00 PM

How do they harm others?

Old 09-25-2018, 09:09 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,397,063 times
How do they harm others? 1. By stunting their soul growth with their limited
ideologies influencing youth to think God,
this benevolent pure loving Being is a monstrous, murdering machine
that needs recognition above all else or they will burn in a lake of fire for eternity.

2. Influencing others to think they are unworthy, filthy rags and sinful beings, thus,
living their lives in guilt and fear and shame.

Old 09-25-2018, 09:14 PM

50,840 posts, read 24,359,728 times
Quote:
How do they harm others?
Westboro Baptist Church.

Need I say more. (Notice that's not a question mark)

Old 09-25-2018, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
How do they harm others? By stunting their soul growth with their limited
ideologies influencing youth to think God,
this benevolent pure loving Being is a monstrous, murdering machine
that needs recognition above all else or they will burn in a lake of fire for eternity.

Well, you learn another way. A lot of people only repeat what they've been taught, not realizing they've been taught incorrectly. You can break that pattern for yourself and your children. You do not have to live the life of your parents and grandparents. In fact, the Quran warns against following the path of your fathers if their path is incorrect. I can't cite verses because that's not how I study scripture. Memorizing verses without understanding context is something that was done in my church, and I discarded that way. It didn't work for me. I probably sound less knowledgeable to people who believe citing verses is important. That's okay. I have a better grasp of the messages than a lot of them. Your family can change, and it can start with you...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality