Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2018, 09:10 AM

2,074 posts, read 2,163,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maat55 View Post
Another positive assertion with no evidence. You are more than welcome to “believe” this, but asserting it as a fact is worthless. All real evidence says that when our brains die, our essence dies.

Is there an afterlife? Maybe, but no one “knows” this and is intellectually dishonest if they say they do.
It may seem that "all real evidence says that when our brains die, our essence dies"... but what you and others are missing is that there is another component to our beings. We aren't just physical beings... we are also spiritual beings with our spirit/soul residing inside of our physical bodies. Our spirit/soul is attached to our physical bodies by a silver cord. This allows for our spirit/soul to travel beyond this earth... or astral travel... and then return to our body. At our death, this silver cord is cut and, hence, our spirit/soul is unable to go back inside, but rises to the next world... the spirit world aka Heavens.

I had an experience one night after I had been asleep for a time. I woke up and I couldn't move my arms or legs... it was like I was paralyzed. Then I heard a buzzing noise and I had the sensation that I fell off the bed. When I opened my eyes, I was on the bed, exactly how I was when I first woke up. Only this time I could move my arms and legs. I had experienced my spirit/soul being out of my body, or as some call it... an out-of-body experience or OBE.

From Medical News Today, 19 July 2017

Quote:
As you lie in slumber, your spirit body snaps free and drifts upward while your physical shell is left lonely on the bed below, connected only by a fragile, silvery cord. You turn and observe yourself peacefully sleeping. Could this be evidence of the soul? Could it be proof of life after death?

"I suddenly seemed to divide into two distinct beings. [...] One of these beings remained motionless on the sofa; the other could move some little distance, and could actually look at the motionless body on the sofa." Journal of Society for Psychical Research, July 1894
Scientists can speculate and deduce how this phenomena occurs until the cows come home, but there are just too many people throughout the ages... who have had this spiritual experience to discount it as a physical illness or trauma or whatever they want to call it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2018, 12:16 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,393,070 times
I'm just wearing this meat suit...it's not 'me'. (No, I have no proof of this!)

Old 09-29-2018, 12:49 PM

50,831 posts, read 24,347,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
It may seem that "all real evidence says that when our brains die, our essence dies"... but what you and others are missing is that there is another component to our beings. We aren't just physical beings... we are also spiritual beings with our spirit/soul residing inside of our physical bodies. Our spirit/soul is attached to our physical bodies by a silver cord. This allows for our spirit/soul to travel beyond this earth... or astral travel... and then return to our body. At our death, this silver cord is cut and, hence, our spirit/soul is unable to go back inside, but rises to the next world... the spirit world aka Heavens.

I had an experience one night after I had been asleep for a time. I woke up and I couldn't move my arms or legs... it was like I was paralyzed. Then I heard a buzzing noise and I had the sensation that I fell off the bed. When I opened my eyes, I was on the bed, exactly how I was when I first woke up. Only this time I could move my arms and legs. I had experienced my spirit/soul being out of my body, or as some call it... an out-of-body experience or OBE.

Scientists can speculate and deduce how this phenomena occurs until the cows come home, but there are just too many people throughout the ages... who have had this spiritual experience to discount it as a physical illness or trauma or whatever they want to call it.
Maybe you ought to read the title of the article. It asks a question. Nowhere does the article come to a conclusion. It presents information to be considered.

You have come to a particular set of conclusions based on your already preconceived beliefs. You're welcome to them...but don't pass them off as settle science...which is an intentional lie.

I've had "psychic" experiences as well. But I don't try to pass them off as science, and I don't expect anyone else to believe them since UNLIKE SCIENCE they can't be replicated by other people.

As a former science teacher, your grade today in science is F.

Old 09-29-2018, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I've had "psychic" experiences as well. But I don't try to pass them off as science, and I don't expect anyone else to believe them since UNLIKE SCIENCE they can't be replicated by other people.
Well, I'll be darned... you had a psychic experience.

How about sharing it?

Old 09-29-2018, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I'm just wearing this meat suit...it's not 'me'. (No, I have no proof of this!)
Haha! I was in Scottsdale last week attending the 2018 Afterlife Institute Symposium. Not that I believed everything I heard, but they've got an interesting way of communicating with spirits now. If you ever get a chance to go to this, you might like it.

Old 09-29-2018, 06:25 PM

2,186 posts, read 1,172,469 times
Quote:

Again, that is something you believe with no evidence. You cannot factually claim there is a soul.

Old 09-29-2018, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maat55 View Post
Again, that is something you believe with no evidence. You cannot factually claim there is a soul.
"The soul, in its existence prior to becoming an indweller in the mortal body, has a consciousness of its existence and of its relationship to God and to other parts of the Great Soul, and more especially of the duplex character of its being; and by this I mean the sexual differences in the two parts of the soul, which, in the way that they are united, constitutes the one complete soul.

When the time comes for this soul to become an indweller in the mortal frame, the two parts that I speak of separate, and only one of the parts enters at the same time into a mortal and never into the same mortal; and while this separation is necessary for the individualization of each part of this one complete soul, yet the two parts never lose that interrelationship, or the binding qualities that existed before their separation, and which continue to exist thereafter, and in the great future, after the work of individualization shall be completed, will come together again and reunite in a complete one."

Soulmates and the Incarnation of the Soul

Old 09-29-2018, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Well, I'll be darned... you had a psychic experience.

How about sharing it?
Nope. I don't know you.

Old 09-29-2018, 10:35 PM

Quote:
"The soul, in its existence prior to becoming an indweller in the mortal body, has a consciousness of its existence and of its relationship to God and to other parts of the Great Soul, and more especially of the duplex character of its being; and by this I mean the sexual differences in the two parts of the soul, which, in the way that they are united, constitutes the one complete soul.

When the time comes for this soul to become an indweller in the mortal frame, the two parts that I speak of separate, and only one of the parts enters at the same time into a mortal and never into the same mortal; and while this separation is necessary for the individualization of each part of this one complete soul, yet the two parts never lose that interrelationship, or the binding qualities that existed before their separation, and which continue to exist thereafter, and in the great future, after the work of individualization shall be completed, will come together again and reunite in a complete one."

Soulmates and the Incarnation of the Soul
Oh, now there's an unbiased website.

Old 09-30-2018, 07:44 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,393,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Nope. I don't know you.
And my lips are sealed ...as a reminder to anyone ...
phet and I had coffee last month...a perfect gentleman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality